Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: nik's Level One Ozma Challenge Thread.

Default nik's Level One Ozma Challenge Thread.

I am attempting the level on Ozma challenge as of now. This will be the thread that I use to keep you all informed of my progress, and to ask for advice, etc. etc. etc.

I have just defeated Black Waltz no. 1 and the snow lion. I am currently headed towards Dali. However, I have been engaged in a battle with a python for about 20 minutes now trying to steal a goddamned phoenix pinion. It isn't working. So my first question to you all is this: Does Zidane get "better" at stealing the more he does it? How long, on average should it take for me to steal a phoenix pinion from one of those pythons? Thanks.

Mods - I don't see why you can't merge my other thread with this one. If you think it's necessary go ahead.

Refer to my old thread for tips if you get stuck:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=54748

I posted strategies for tough parts for at least the first half of the challenge or so. Don't worry about stealing stuff for gil, you get plenty from selling stuff you pick up along the way for the most part. I don't ever remember having any problems with that.

Just make sure you steal the fork from Zaghnol during the festival of the hunt, or else you'll have to start all over like I did my first time around.

Don't worry. I've learned from your mistake and I've kept a mental note to do that since I started the game.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Mitsubishi
    Refer to my old thread for tips if you get stuck:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=54748

I posted strategies for tough parts for at least the first half of the challenge or so. Don't worry about stealing stuff for gil, you get plenty from selling stuff you pick up along the way for the most part. I don't ever remember having any problems with that.

Just make sure you steal the fork from Zaghnol during the festival of the hunt, or else you'll have to start all over like I did my first time around.
    why do you need a fork to beat the game on level one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Because it's the only way to stone enemies that early in the game with its add status, if you don't get it you'll be forced to pick up the experience from the unavoidable battles.

I didn't see it mentioned in that thread (or in any Lv.1 FAQs I've used) so I'd like to point out that you CAN get the Coral Ring as well as the Needle Fork from the Festival of the Hunt.

Set the ATB to Wait, and have Zidane wait at the screen before the screen the Zaghnol appears in. He won't be there until 4:00 or less, and if you let that much time pass Freya will have the lead in points. After Zidane steals the Needle Fork have one of the two open the item menu and let the time run out. With the menu open the Zaghnol will be unable to act but the time will continue to pass. Freya will finish with the most points and you'll get your Coral Ring.

And to answer your question about stealing Zidane doesn't get better at thieving the more he does it but he has a better chance of stealing the higher his spirit is.

Is there any way to raise his spirit without leveling up?

equipmeant is the best thing to raise spirit but it doesnt raise it by much, but with stealing you just have to be patient becuase even with high spirit its still hard to steal.
    EDIT: how far are you now nik?
    Last edited by boys from the dwarf; 12-10-2005 at 08:02 AM.

I'm in Lindblum right now, preparing for the Festival of the hunt. However, I have just learned of a trick involving wrists that will net me a [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]load of money. (All thanks to Necronopticous, of course) Luckily for me, I have a saving right outside of Dali, immediately before the fight with Black Waltz 3. I'm going to go back and buy 99 wrists and continue on. So, I have to backtrack a little, but I think it's worth it.

There haven't been any really "hard" fights yet, aside from the first blackwaltz. Black Waltz number one was a pain, and he killed me probably 6 or 7 times. I'm off to bed now. Tomorrow is Saturday so I should be able to make some significant progress.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of actually going ahead and trying to beat Necron with a level one party. I've heard it's not possible, but I'm sure a gameshark can get me past the few battles that will get me EXP.

Anyways, good night all.

im sure that if you use stop or stone those unavoidable EXP battles wont get you any EXP.

There is no way around it normally...gameshark might work but meh, I'm not interested in anything that requires a gameshark.

"im sure that if you use stop or stone those unavoidable EXP battles wont get you any EXP"
    Yup the other day some baddys got Stoned and i didnt gain EXP, and im pretty sure Stop works too

They're immune to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    im sure that if you use stop or stone those unavoidable EXP battles wont get you any EXP.
    The "unavoidable EXP battles" refer specifically to a sequence of battles against Amdusias, Abadon, and Shield Dragon at Pandemonium. These are the fights during which Zidane begins alone, only for other party members to show up. Amdusias, Abadon, and Shield Dragon all give EXP, and all are invulnerable to Petrify and Stop. As a result, it is impossible in a normal game to reach Necron with all Level 1 characters. However, by killing off certain characters and forcing others to take the unavoidable EXP, it's still possible to reach and defeat Necron with a Level 1 party.

Since Ozma can be battled before this, a true Level 1 Ozma game is possible.

EDIT: Necro already said it.