Thread: ps2 or pc

Default ps2 or pc

ihave both a ps2 and a somewhat gaming pc.
    i would get the pc one but it take up 6gigs
    and the ps2 one cost 100$

if you want quality get PC

if you want to just play it get PS2

hope that helps ( Just my 2K)
    Last edited by UltimateSpamGrover; 08-25-2004 at 12:54 PM.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

If you have somewhat of a gaming PC then 6GB's is pratically nothing. Get the PS2 version if you just want to play it and aren't a graphics whore.

I have it for the PC, but only because I was too impatient to wait for the PS2 version, and didn't feel like paying $100 for it.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I'm just not a PC gamer. I'm much more comfortable on the couch in the den with the USB keyboard on a tv tray infront of me. I can't stand moving with the mouse and the keyboard and I wouldn't have it any other way than with a controller.

I'll tell you one thing though, the most gigantic problem with the controller scheme by far is the ghastly targetting system. You have to press right and left on the D-pad to cycle through targets. This normally wouldn't be a problem but since you can only move with the left analog stick, you can't target and move effectively at the same time (unless you have two left hands of course). I cannot believe how Squaresoft would just overlook a problem as horrible as this. Would it be so hard to cycle through targets with the R1 button and have L3 be the software keyboard?

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

your lucky u have the choice. i want the PS2 version, but Europe is only getting PC version, while ps2 version is like never....

though what is the potential difference in graphics quality between PC and PS2 Versions?
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

With PC, you can get better resolution, finer textures, smoother animations, not as much lag, etc. Basically like an X-Box version or better, it really depends on what graphics card, processor and the RAM you have.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

so would u say the difference in graphics on a good pc is significant enough 2 get the PC version over the PS2?

i,m considering buying a PC just 2 get ffXI, so i,m trying to get as much facts as possible.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Lord Chainsaw, I've had a theory about how they neglected the PS2 controller scheme. Notice on the official FFXI website the adds for Alienware and Nvidia? Well, they don't make PS2s, they make PC Gamer systems and components, hence all the PC Version love.

Bearing in mind that the above is just a thought, here's a legitemate reason: Average Keyboard has 101+ keys, whereas the PS2 controller has a very limited number of buttons. That means there's only so many commands they can stick on it, as far up to even using 2 button combos, before it just becomes too complex for the type of person who would bother buying the game for the PS2 to begin with.

I think the only reasons they even bothered to release if on PS2 are:
    1. More players (ie. PS2 owners without PC rigs that can handle it) = more revunue.
    2. The novelty of having a console system and a PC system playing in the same world was revolutionary, so even casual players picked it up to check it out, PC and PS2 alike.
    3. Fans who'd played all the other FFs and didn't have a PC that could handle the game would have made a whiny bitchy fuss about it if they didn't make a PS2 version.
    4. SE probably got a huge chunk of change from Sony to do it since this game is such a massive stroke in showing off the PS2's online capabilities, which they need if they want to stay in solid competition with MS.

All that just to state my personal opinion on this -> If your PC can handle the game, then go for it. Far more flexibility in control and overall appearance and, if not for any other reason, you can upgrade your PC if you're not entirely satisfied with it's performance. With a PS2, you cannot.

Oh, and if you really need to use a controller, I'm not sure but I believe you still can on a PC
    Last edited by Ichy; 08-25-2004 at 04:53 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy
    Wow, a third thread about the same thing in just over one week!
    --> http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=49835 <--
    --> http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=50033 <--
    No worries, just razzing you. Wish people would take the time to read before asking, though.
    Good catch, but please use Warn next time. The one he posted this in is actually the older one, so it can stay. It can be found here.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum