Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: niks FFVI low level, natural magic challenge

Play naked and you will win.

Bipper knoes!!

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    Bipper knoes!!

I bet he does. He probabally plays while the dogs and cats are in the room at the same time.

Good luck Nikotine. You are very resourcefull and wise. You can do this challenge.

Bipper Im just playing with yah head.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine View Post
    I think this is smurfing ridiculous. I've only ever made it to Ultros once. This is nearly impossible. I know it can be done and I'll do it eventually but Jesus. This isn't even fun anymore. Shads, how long did this take you? Also, were you using an emulator? This would be easy as hell if I could save state my way through this but I can't.
    Sorry for being so late with replying, but I went to Portugal for a week so I haven't been able to use the internet for a while.

Anyways... I didn't use an emulator, but unlike you I could learn any spell as the "no magic" rule wasn't in the low-level challenge I did. Now, magic isn't of all that much use in the first few battles anyways (it's NOT useless, though), but it helps against Ultros and the battle after Ultros. So basically, once I mannaged to get past those annoying Absolute Zero-spammers it was much easier for me than it probably is for you.

If I remember correctly, I won the first or second time I got to Ultros. And during the battle after Ultros, I only won thanks to Gau and his Rhinox rage, as all the other characters died and Gau just kept getting healed by all the thunder-elemental attacks.

But enough about that... because as you already know, the real problem are those Absolute Zero-spammers... and it's really pretty much all about luck when you fight those **** bitches. You'll have to strike before they do and use Siren before they use Absolute Zero. If you have any speed-boosting equipment, I'd recomend equiping it to your fastest character and have Siren equiped to that character as well. But even then, you won't be able to strike first every time. So you'll just have to pray that they won't use Absolute Zero as often as they usually do. Seriously... it's all about being lucky during this part, and then don't mess up once you reach Ultros.

You've made it to Ultros before, so you can do it again. Try to be as prepared as possible for the Ultros battle, though, so you won't die once you finally reach Ultros again. Do you have any Thunder Rods etc? (probably not, I guess >_< )

I doubt it, because that would cast magic he doesn't have acess to. And I thought he was against that.

Sorry, but I haven't played in a few days. School makes me a very tired person.

To answer your question, I have two thunder rods, but I can only use one of them, (The one I picked up in that cave, to be precise) and I am saving it for the battle after Ultros.

Also, you said that gau was absorbing all of the thunder related attacks. Is that beecause the Rhinox rage absorbs thunder?

Yes, when Gau rages to rhinox he also (should) gets the thunder elemental absorption.

Ghost can cast Bolt 2, if that helps at all... Don't think it will do enough damage to be able to take out multiple enemies though, so giga volt is probably still your best bet. Also, I dunno if the fact that he casts it in a rage is against the "no magic you dont have access to" thingy.
    www.purepwnage.com
    Real pros eat rice with an NES controller.

It's not. The monster "naturally" has that magic. When gau rages as that monster I am not casting magic, he just 'naturally' has it. Terra can use cure because she naturally has it, so Gau can use whatever magic he can via rages, because those monsters naturally have it.

I think I'm going to try this again in a few minutes.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just to comment on Varius41's post; Ghost casts fire, whereas the rage Hazer casts Bolt 2. I don't know, it might be useful in the Ultros battle. I've used it before in some boss battles and it's been one of the more damaging attacks I have when he actually uses the spell. It might be worth trying if you really have a hard time with Ultros.

Ultros is not giving me a hard time at all. In fact, he's proven to be pretty darn easy the one time I fought him. Equip everyone with Gaia Gears and have gau rage something that casts quake. It hurts both chupon and ultros while healing your party to full every time. Combine that with Zoneseek and you pretty much can't lose.

Blog Entries

So you made it to Ultros again and beat him this time? What happened next (in the battle after Ultros)?

No, unfortunately I didn't make it to Ultros again.

God damnit, I made it to Ultros again today and died over a stupid mistake. I'm not happy.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just think...once this is over, nothing will ever be this mindlessly frustrating ever again.

I'm fighting Ultros right now!

Edit: Holy [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] that was a close one. Ultros used tentacle and then chupon used fireball immediately. Terra and Locke both died and Gau had 41 hp and was in a rage status. To make things worse, he was in float status from a previous battle which meant that his quake spell wouldn't heal him. Gau uses quake anyway, and lo and behold! I won!

Now, if I can just beat that smurfing air force... I'm going to go with the Rhinotaur rage, I think. Your strategy had better not fail me, ultima shadow!

1) Okay. The battle just started and Locke got off the first attack. He's summoning ZoneSeek. My next two moves should be terra morphing and throwing the thunder rod, while gau rages rhinox.

2) I've gotten off those attacks and air force has taken 6500 damage from the thunder rod. Gau has also casted life 3 on himself. Does anyone know if this smurfer absorbs fire? if not, I'm throwing my fire rod at him too.

3) Terras turn comes around again. She throws a fire rod and...

HOLY JESUS I smurfING WIN! GOD DAMNIT I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! WIN WIN WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by nik0tine; 08-22-2006 at 10:35 PM.