Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: niks FFVI low level, natural magic challenge

The only thing is that I don't have an ice shield, and I don't think they are available to me at this point in time.

Gonna Overdrive your ass! Siegfried's Avatar
    ure right...u get that at Mt. Zozo right after that, for some reason i thought u got it at the Magitek factory, so...ummm....u could...:mog: try to do near death attacks till u get lucky....
    Beware of my look a like!

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Hm, actually.

I believe at this point in time, it's possible to have perfect, or near perfect Mblock Celes, so this is your ace in the hole for a bit of a boost. Go to the colloseum, bet the Soul Sabre from the Tentacle fight for a Falchion, Falchion for Flame Shield, Flame Shield for Ice Shield. With the proper equipment, you should be able to go through every battle.

Came across this thread while lookin' for FFVI maps, hopin' to make a NWN module using them Just thought I'd say congrats so far nik, you've gotten farther than I ever have on a low level walkthrough, and only natural magic too! I'm pretty experienced in low level WoB because I like to keep my characters as low as possible to reap huge Esper bonus rewards later (Like 120 Magic Power on Setzer for evil, evil Fire 1 attacks ). I never went farther than the WoB though, but I've felt your pain up to that point. While I did learn some magic (Not much, since it was only through boss fights), I offset that by not using Gau much if ever. Anyway, keep up the work, I can only imagine what those WoR boss battles will be like

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Hm, actually.

I believe at this point in time, it's possible to have perfect, or near perfect Mblock Celes, so this is your ace in the hole for a bit of a boost. Go to the colloseum, bet the Soul Sabre from the Tentacle fight for a Falchion, Falchion for Flame Shield, Flame Shield for Ice Shield. With the proper equipment, you should be able to go through every battle.
    Wrong. You can't go to the colosseum until you've got the air ship. And you get the air ship right after this boss battle.

Also, to perfect Magic Block, you need Force Armor and the Force Sheild/Paladin Sheild.

FFXIV Character

Yep, that sure looks like you can't get there by walking alright.

Also, I specified 'near perfect', I'm well aware the Force/Paladin shield is required for that setup.

Default ice shield?

flame shield just as good; nullifies instead of absorbs plus you can win it easier with the loot from the tomb, maneater for the Outsider and Dragon Claw from the Presenter (if you beat him... )

alternatively have edgar do the colosseum battles and pray for chainsaw instant death

good luck~

Blog Entries

Yep, that sure looks like you can't get there by walking alright.

Also, I specified 'near perfect', I'm well aware the Force/Paladin shield is required for that setup.
    Meh, I was SURE that stupid ruin was on that continent below. >_<

Sorry, it's been a while since I played this game so my memory needs to be refreshed, I guess.

But I'm NEAR completely sure that the Magic Block won't even be NEAR perfect with just the Ice Sheild, though.

FFXIV Character

Enhancer, Mystery Veil, White Dress, and two earrings should make it around 100% though. The Force/Paladin shield tops it off at 129%.

Blog Entries

Enhancer, Mystery Veil, White Dress, and two earrings should make it around 100% though. The Force/Paladin shield tops it off at 129%.
    Earrings does not affect Magic Block, only Magic Power. THAT much I remember, atleast. >_<

White Dress grants Magic Defense and Magic Power, but not Magic Block. And I actually checked this time. xD

So... Enhancer, Mystery Veil, White Dress, and two earrings should make it around 40%.

Enhancer= +20%
    Mystery Veil= +10%
    Celes natural Magic Block= Around 10%

With the Ice Sheild, it's around 50%

White Cape adds +10% each, though. So if you add 2 of those instead of Earrings, you'll get 70%. Still not close to 100%, and even less 129%, though.

Default moot

Zelgaddis' FAQ recommends just runic until dullahan is near 0 mp, then equipping soul sabre and ending it. attack just provokes dull.

this means not getting the shield tho.

FFXIV Character

oh yeah, I did use White Capes. xD

Wrong. You can't go to the colosseum until you've got the air ship. And you get the air ship right after this boss battle.
    Actually, I can get to the colloseum before this battle. It's not worth it to give up my soul sabre, though. I'm going to need it for alot of future battles.

I haven't played in a few days. I'll take dullahan out tonight.

FFXIV Character

You could go through a longer series of battles and go ThunderBlade > Ogre Nix > Soul Sabre. Those can be bought back. You could get three more Soul Sabre's if need be as well.

Excellent idea!