Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default Odd GBA Player Battle Bug

This only occurs rarely when I'm playing FFV Advance on the GBA Player on my Gamecube (at least it hasn't happened when playing it on the GBA itself). This also only occurs when I have Lenna in the fourth spot of the party. When her turn comes up, and I select any action that brings up a sub-menu, like magic, no subsquent screen appears. She is still "highlighted" on the screen showing that it is her turn, but no menu is shown. It shows the standard battle stats (enemies on screen and characters with their hit points). It's as if I cancelled her turn but she is still highlighted. The music continues on and any other characters or enemies that have their battle action in the queue perform that action, but then the game just sits. The music plays and she stays highlighted, but nothing else happens. I've tried hitting both the A and B buttons hoping to cancel or comfirm some action to get the battle moving again, but to no avail. It's as if the GBA Player isn't accepting input anymore and Lenna and/or the battle are "hung" (and not like a horse ).

Has anyone else encountered this?
    Figaro Castle

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

....You can play GBA games on Gamecube? You bought an extra part for it or something or is there a slot somewhere?

Never encountered the problem myself, but I've only played it on a DS anyway.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Sorry, but I haven't heard of that problem, either on the Game Boy Player or the GBA itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    ....You can play GBA games on Gamecube? You bought an extra part for it or something or is there a slot somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    And might I add this is worth getting
    Last edited by Crossblades; 12-12-2006 at 08:05 PM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

The Gameboy Player is the man!! I played a couple games on there, so fun! But I never had a problems with it...
    If I were a Final Fantasy Boss, I would be named something cool like Super-Ultra-Foxtrot-Omega Weapon or something cool like that...