Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [impressions for Wii] Gameplay SPOILERS

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default The legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [impressions for Wii] Gameplay SPOILERS

Don't worry, I am not going to spoil any story. If you wish to wait for yourself to know how it feels to play, then read no further.

I'll just come out and say it. Within a minute, I felt like I have been using the Wiimote for years when it came to playing the Twilight princess. Moving Link is very easy, and the Wiimote is usued only when nessesary. Swinging the sword is easy to (I have no idea why some reviewers picked at it, it is VERY simple to pull of). All you have to do is move the controller in any direction to swing. If you want to swing in differnt directions, that is all taken care of when you Z target. Want to stab? Put point the controller forward a bit. Want to verticle slice? Z target and swing! Want to horzontally slice? Just swing. Want to do the jump attack? Simply Z target and press A. I have leared some sort of finishing move that is cool (I have six more to learn according to the game). If you knock down an enemy and it isn't dead yet, you don't have to wait for it to get back up and then kill it! Just move near it and press a to do a downward thrust (which looks VERY familiar to the same move in Zelda 2)!

The only shooting weapon I have is the slingshot. You can either Z traget and fire like the other Zelda 3D games, or you press the weapon button and use the Wiimote to manually aim!

Using Wolf Link is cool as well. If there is something for you to jump on, just Z traget and press A. Just like the sword, you move the Wiimote to attack enemies. There is also context sesiteve things for you to interact with. I know I sound vauge, but I really don't want to spoil the Wolf Link too much, because it is awesome.

The only thing I had trouble with was fishing, but that was because I wan't prepared on how it would work. You cast initially by pressing the B button after you assign the rod to that button. After that you can cast with the Wiimote. To catch a fish, you must let a fish bite you hook and then slick back. If you did it right, then you have to fight to reel the fish it my flicking back and moving the rod with the Wiimote.

Overall: I can already feel that this may be a new favorite Zelda of mine! Controlling the Wii version of Zelda is no problem!

I'm enjoying Twilight Princess very much. The controls are very smooth and easy to muster for both Link and Wolf Link. The gameplay is very good, as well as the storyline. Right now I'm in the process of completing the first actual dungeon, (dungeon maps, boss key, etc) and I can't get enough.

Zelda = win.

I'm hoping there will be a Wii when I go to get my system, I'll be getting this game, Red Steel, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance...

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

It was sold out -_-

Blog Entries

I'm liking it quite a bit. I can see why they said they're going for a new direction, as this game is much more cinematic than the other Zelda games. It's also very atmospheric, which I like.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

its wonderful T_T *tears of joy*

Controlling Link with the Wii-mote is a dream (in wolf link mode aswell).

there is SO much to do, I was suprised!

I wish I owned it like my friend does.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The music to this game is ****ing awesome. I am glad they didn't use the Zelda main theme wfor the wrold map music like they usually do. Sure, OOT didn't use it, but that was before they overplayed it. Don't get me wrong, I like the theme, but it was nice to hear something fresh.

And the night time world map music gives me chills. God, I wish I could go play the game right now (have to go to Thanksgiving stuff)!

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

The audio is one of the big reasons some places are marking the game down. Everyone agrees that the soundtrack is brilliant, but the actual way it sounds is underwhelming. It seems everyone wants orchestral music and voice-overs. They dont' forget that it's a Gamecube port, but they don't feel it's something that should be overlooked. I think it's fair, and I wish they'd have gone orchestral too. Perhaps they'll re-release it in a year or 2 as a special edition with the music enhancements...

Still, can't wait to play this. Must get Wii soon...

I waited in line 20 hours for a Wii and Twilight Princess.
    So far, I just got the Master sword. and if this game keeps being as good as it is I'm pretty sure I have a new favorite game ever.
    "Reality isn't so kind. Everything doesn't work out the way you want it to. That's why... As long as you don’t get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain."

To avoid getting attacks for spilling a bit of the game...I have to give this warning, this does have a few spoilers

So far I've reached the 5th dungeon, and I must say this is easily my favorite Zelda ever! the slingshot/bow work much better than they did in the previous Zelda's. The horse battles are my favorite part due to their intensity. As a separate note, anyone who hasn't reached this far yet will love the 4th boss, and the dungeon item (SPOILER)the spinner, which looks like a top. One thing I hated was the (SPOILER)Water temple and the move puzzle It took me 8 stright hours to beat them.

Well, thats my impression on the game, and don't start chewing me out for spoiling it a little. YOU WERE WARNED!
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

Ooccoo is very creepy. That thing just plain freaks me out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimonji View Post
    Ooccoo is very creepy. That thing just plain freaks me out.
    At least she (SPOILER)lets you save wherever you want in a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Actually thats not true. (SPOILER)He lets you leave the dungeon and return to your current spot instead of having to start over from the entrance.
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

I haven't played it yet, but after watching 1up's video review for it, I KNOW I'M GOING TO BUY IT!

Yellow Winged Angel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Phantom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Actually thats not true. (SPOILER)He lets you leave the dungeon and return to your current spot instead of having to start over from the entrance.
    Yes, but (SPOILER)then you can save, and when you turn your game back on, you can go back to where you warped out.