Thread: HOW DO I BEAT THE TRICKSTER?!!!

Default HOW DO I BEAT THE TRICKSTER?!!!

how the hell do i beat this damn hunt? i have no problem fighting him but once get him to HP critical he becomes immune to all pysical damage, then i try using magic and hes either immune or it heals him.
    how can i kill that damn white chocobo Trickster?!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

He regularly changes his elemental weakness, just like FFIII's Hain and FFVI's Magic Master before him. But I really never had to deal with it since I was too busy trying to stay alive to sacrifice any turns or MP to cast offensive spells. Fortunately, his physical immunity eventually evaporated, so I was able to finish him off with a good chain of Quickenings.

In other words, you can take up a lot of turns casting Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Dark/etc. spells and hope you stumble upon the right element before he shifts his weakness again, or you can just hang in there and wait for the barrier to drop.

Yeah I just waited for the barrier to drop as well. That immunity stuff is common for a lot of the stronger enemies, so get used to having to death with one type of damage or another doing nothing. Really it's just a matter of survival during those phases for the invincibility to fall.
    This space intentionally left blank.

cool, but would non-elemental magic help?

What non-elemental magicks do you already have at that point? Flare, Scourge, Collapse, and a few others are the only ones I can think of, and they are high level.

When he used White Wind, I fled to a "safe" distance and let him slaughter Monid (The Bangaa). After that, he stopped agroing, and I went back and killed him once the White Wind dissipated.
    Sigless

buyah!!! thanks guys i jus beat him last night... i jus casted bubble on everybody and whooped him with shear power baby!...... lol i gotta start using quickenings... anyway its off to archades for me... hmmm... zeterain caverns... hmmm...