Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I dont like Judge Ghis

Default I dont like Judge Ghis

Okay, i'm on the Dreadnought Leviathan, and i've saved the game after finding Ashe, so now i have to run back to the stupid entrance past those stupid guards flooding the place >_< My issue arises when i try to kill off the friggin Judge. I've read walkthroughs, and they all say to just knock off the normal soldiers first, then take care of Ghis. I've tried that and i die because while i'm attacking the normal ones Ghis just kills everyone.

I have both Ashe and Penelo's quickenings, and i'm going to try to link them because i'm still kinda figuring out how to, but the most i've managed to do is get him down halfway. I was considering using the quickenings on the soldiers to take care of them fast, but it seems like a waste. You guys have any suggestions? Oh btw, two of my people are lv 9, two are lv 10, and two are lv 11. Still underleveled?

Quickenings. But isnt that my answer for everything? Eh, not really, but I chained together only like 3 or 4 and then killed him in one hit after the Quickening.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Don't be mad, but I really just completely creamed him without even trying.

You can always do some leveling up if you're having problems.

Yeah, I had trouble with this guy for a while, too. I ended up waiting and relevling my people up to 13-14 on average. Plus I made sure I had at least two people with Quickenings in my starting fighting party... three if you want a very quick win.

Tip 1 is to not bother trying to take down the other judges, at all. Focus on Judge Ghis. If you've got 3 people with Quickenings, put two in your starting party and the third on reserve.

Right off the bat, hit him with a Quickening and, if at all possible, link them. Basically if you see one of your PS2 button symbols appear beside a name, press it. If nothing shows up, keep hitting R2 until one does show up, THEN press it.

Hopefully you'll get at least 2 quickenings linked. After the quickening is done, hammer Ghis with a few attacks/spells. Then switch out one of your party members for that third person with a quickening available... and use it on Ghis again.

If he isn't down by then, he'll be very, very, very close. Good luck!

| Beati Pauperes Spiritu; Quoniam Ipsorum est Regnum Caelorum |

That was a pretty difficult battle. I didn't have a single Mist ability unlocked at that point, so that probably didn't help.

I was at around lvl 12-13 and didn't have a clue what a Mist/Quickening was at this point. I just took care of the soldiers first and then took out the judges. Use potions instead of cure to reserve your mp.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Millia Billia View Post
    That was a pretty difficult battle. I didn't have a single Mist ability unlocked at that point, so that probably didn't help.
    Ha, same here. I killed his lackeys with my weaker party and had my stronger party beat Ghis.

Well i decided to test out the quickening thing and managed to combine Ashe and Penelo's...it took off about a third of his health...thats pretty sad considering that Ashe's quickening alone takes off a fourth of Ghis's health. But after that i knocked his health down to only a fourth left, then everyone died. I just have everyone use magic spells since the guy always casts protect, and i dont have any ethers to restore Ashe and Penelo's MP so that doesnt help me...I dont know why i didnt think of making everyone use potions for healing though, cuz i wont waste so much MP, and i think its quicker to use potions too

I need to level up simply because i need more HP to sustain the beatings of those damn lackeys of his. But since i got his health down so low this time, it gives me hope ^_^ I'd try it several times in a row if it werent for that stupid gauntlet i have to run to get to him, but i get reeeeal tired of that, so i'll probably wait till tonight before i try it again.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulRonin View Post
    Well i decided to test out the quickening thing and managed to combine Ashe and Penelo's...it took off about a third of his health...thats pretty sad considering that Ashe's quickening alone takes off a fourth of Ghis's health.
    You should try again then, if you can link your Quickenings better you'll be able to beat him then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    If you've got 3 people with Quickenings, put two in your starting party and the third on reserve.
    Hell naw. It's MUCH easier to get a decent chain going if you use three characters with Quickenings. I killed a boss today with a chain of 8 quickenings without using any other attacks. Remember, one character can use his or her quickening(s) multiple times in a single chain. Also remember that you have to press the button twice if it says "Mist Charge"!

Hell naw. It's MUCH easier to get a decent chain going if you use three characters with Quickenings. I killed a boss today with a chain of 8 quickenings without using any other attacks. Remember, one character can use his or her quickening(s) multiple times in a single chain. Also remember that you have to press the button twice if it says "Mist Charge"!
    Well, I'm going off of the fact that Vengeful Ronin doesn't quite know how to chain Quickenings yet. When I was battling Ghis, I was only just getting the hang of quickenings.

If he can chain them all into one massive Quickening, then more power to 'em. I just know how I did it. Hell, I'm just now trying to figure out the whole Demon Wall thing.

| Beati Pauperes Spiritu; Quoniam Ipsorum est Regnum Caelorum |

He doesn't know, but he should learn and do it. No time like the present! Once you figure out what's going on, it's incredibly easy.

*happy dances*

I got it! ^_^ I had Ashe and Penelo combine them, and i got 3 mist charges off too, so they combined attacks into a rather impressive looking Inferno attack, took off 3/4 of the guy's health....and somehow or another just Ashe and Penelo swinging their swords at him took off the rest in about 2 minutes, even though he had protect on o_O

Thanks guys, especially roto13-ness, i didnt know i could chain them together and pull off multiple quickenings

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Easiest boss in the game dude. Not lyin'. Easiest boss in the game.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Well i suck >_< No seriously...i suck >_<