Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RPGs

Default RPGs

anybody play pen and paper rpgs?

pen and paper?
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

World of Warcraft Is a great RPG...
    [leeza]Filesize limit is 50 kb. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by Molnir View Post
    World of Warcraft Is a great RPG...
    And is not a pen and paper RPG.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've played a few games of D&D, but it always just goes over my head. xD My friends have to help me every time I play. But it was still enjoyable.

so i take that as a no hahahah

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I play D&D every Tuesday. Currently I'm running the game, but it will end with the session on the 19th of September, after which I'll be going to university and hopefully find a game I can play in as an actual PC.

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

Yep...I'm in about 7 different D&D campaigns, am going to be running on emyself soon, and I also play a game call DragonStorm

http://www.dragonstorm.com

which is actually really cool. I recommend anyone who plays D&D to check it out. It's not very well kmown, but it's cool. ^__^

I'm the only girl in my gaming group, too. :P
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

I like D&D, and found out that it is pretty much nothing like the sterotype entails, and i enjoy playing a role, its like acting pretty much. I also find it helps my creative and imaginitive side, and i always laugh when i play with my friends.

But i havent played long, but its been a good way to relax, although i mostly ended up killing people.

One bartender, one cleric and 2 acolytes in about 2 hours, good record :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

i just played for the first time last week, it's really interesting and i didn't know it but had been reading novels which take place in various campaign settings for years (how i failed to notice is beyond me)

Wow, that's cool.

Lets see...I have a druid, a cleric, a crazy dragon-ninja girl, a barbarian (with a 18 charisma, mind you.), a ranger, a scorceress....oh, and a Shadow Slayer for Modern, who is a mutant and has wings. :P

2nd level fighter .. they said it was best to start with the basic class, but i don't think it's that simple...i bought the player's kit and read my PHB...and there's so much you can do with just a human fighter...

which i guess is why so many people love this game

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My most recent characters were a Chaotic Neutral Druid who believed in balance through chaos. He was quite the free spirit, he liked living with with nature but had no problem picking up material wealth and using it to buy cool stuff. He liked fire, it was something of a totem to him.

Unfortunately, didn't get to explore too much of him, as we were told the campaign needed a more focused healer.

Thus enter my Chaotic Good Favored Soul, a servant of Lilivati (homebrew campaign world) who was very anti-establishment. He was born noble but felt that the nobility was an opressive system that needed to be abolished. He was also very loud and opinionated. And since he had a 19 charisma (4th level ability boost), he just had to be a silver haired pretty boy. Just had to be.

Unfortunately that campaign ended, so I'm in limbo until I transfer to university and hopefully find one there. I want to play a Psion quite badly, but nobody will let me.

o...my fighter is LG, from a mining community i made up called Nayrwinn. he grew up as part of the militia, but because his father was killed in a cave-in, he was sent to live with his uncle in the nearby legion fort, and trained in more traditional ways of warfare. there he developed an addiction to a drug called blackroot and to gambling. he enjoys the company of women and tends to be seen as an all around bad guy by those who don't know him, but he has a strong sense of what is right

he carries a longspear and clubs for throwing, and has become very close friends with the paladin of the party, who swears she will help him get over his vices i guess this isn't really the place for all this info but i'm stoked hah

Good luck getting someone to let you.

My Favorite character to play right now is Hikaru, my lawful good ninja/fighter/favored soul/samurai/sorcerer/dragon devotee. She's obsessed with dragons, and I have a baby shadow dragon as a cohort. ^_^ base weapon is a dragon-fang kusari gama, and a diamond katana (legacy weapon)

I know that's a LOT of multiclassing, but I'm not done...