Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shinra...

Default Shinra...

Is Shinra the bad people? I think Shinra are good in a way. cause they trin to stop sephiroth. what do you think?

TAHNX OWEN MACWERE FOR MY AWESOM SIG
    if you want a friend in me pm me
    Check it out
    or
    FH

The Hardcore Gentleman Emerald weapon's Avatar

Shrina are only slightly good when metor is summoned i think because they were sucking up all of the lifestream for energy which would evntually destroy the planet,the burned down barrets hometown corel,they do human experiments on SOLDIER's,they made sephiroth,they took areis,they were looking for the promised land which is full of mako which they would have used for energy which would sped up the process of the world being destoyed,they blew up sector 7 and blamed it on AVALANCHE,theres more reasons why they are bad but i cant remeber the now,but they only did do several good things such as:removing the light barrier around the north crater,killed DIAMOND weapon,killed SAPPHAIRE weapon and attempted to blow up meteor

The Shinra are bad to the core. They only tried to stop Sephiroth and the Weapons because they posed a threat to the Planet, and to Shinra's profits.

call me crazy, but I actually think that between Sephiroth and the Shinra, Sephiroth is the more innocent one. When you really think about it. I mean, he found out he was created... How would you feel? Really what he did was not terribly evil considering his circumstances.

Shinra, however, are pure evil. They are motivated by greed and power. Sephiroth is more like an angsty teen.

Shinra molested my family.

Then they sent me a teddy bear.

But that teddy bear had a bomb in it.

Thank you Hysterian!

Quote Originally Posted by krayziesaiko
    call me crazy, but I actually think that between Sephiroth and the Shinra, Sephiroth is the more innocent one. When you really think about it. I mean, he found out he was created... How would you feel? Really what he did was not terribly evil considering his circumstances.

Shinra, however, are pure evil. They are motivated by greed and power. Sephiroth is more like an angsty teen.

Well I would not summon a meteor to kill everyone. Hes not innocent at all.

I love Shinra, they are the powerful company ruling with an iron fist. Thats what I would want to do.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

The staff of Shinra are quite greedy and lusting for power, they did human experiments with Mako and Jenova cells and they use any means possible to keep themselves in power, such as destroying the support holding the plate above Sector 7, crushing both the plate and Sector 7, and finally blaming Avalanche for it. The reason why Shinra fought Sephiroth and the Weapons was that it wouldn't do much good to their business if the world was destroyed.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Whether Shinra are evil depends on what you define as Shinra. The upper core of Shinra, (the bosses) are bad people, but for most of the rest of the company, little blame can be applied. The turks do help you out on one occasion, are arent really all that willing to fight you, when they realize no more orders are coming. The majority of the shinra soldiers and staff are simply following order. That should not qualify them as evil.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

'Evil' and 'Good' are relative and differ from person to person. But Shinra is the main villain for most of the game, with little Seph-Seph.

Reeve however, is not evil, because he's a good guy looking out for the people of Midgar. And he created my Kitten-Sith, so he must be good.

I don't really like the rest of them though. They're either annoying (Scarlet/Heidegger/Palmer), or not really interesting (Rufus/Turks.) The Turks are still good for a laugh though!

Shinra is bad but sephiroth isnt any better. I think sephiroth is worse for one he casts meteor, then in AC he try to use the planet as a ship.

TAHNX OWEN MACWERE FOR MY AWESOM SIG
    if you want a friend in me pm me
    Check it out
    or
    FH

Quote Originally Posted by crop

Well I would not summon a meteor to kill everyone. Hes not innocent at all.

I love Shinra, they are the powerful company ruling with an iron fist. Thats what I would want to do.

yes, but from Sephiroths perspective, he was doing the right thing. I'm sure Shinra knew all along what they were doing was wrong, especially since they openly discussed how they were manipulating people and taking their money.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    I don't really like the rest of them though. They're either annoying (Scarlet/Heidegger/Palmer), or not really interesting (Rufus/Turks.)

HEIDEGGER IS THE MOST CREATIVE AND LOVING SOUL IN THE WORLD! HE HAS THE SOUL OF A POET THE HEART OF AN ARTIST AND THE MIND OF A GENIUS! YOU ARE DESECRATING THE CHARACTER OF THE SINGLE GREATEST PERSON IN THE ENTIRE BLAND CAST OF FINAL FANTASY VII! THIS IS COMPLETELY UNFORGIVEABLE!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Haha, you haven't seen me say my annoyance with Heidegger in other threads?

Well, he's more tolerable than Scarlet. Scarlet...bleh.

The hell it wasn't. He burned down an entire village and killed many innocent people. Not only that, but he is just as greedy and power hungry as Shinra, probably even more. His plan was to summon Meteor so he could wound the Planet, and then absorb all of the energy that was sent to heal the wound.

Shinra are rotten. Nothing about them is good in any way. All they want is more money and they will do whatever it takes to get it, like sucking the life from the Planet for instance.

Shinra is just Wal-Mart, evil but convenient.