Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best places to level-up

Default Best places to level-up

I'm just approaching Gagazet, I imagine once I beat Yunalesca I'm gonna need to do some serious levelling up (amongst other things) once I get the airship to carry on to Sin, I've been kinda winging it up to this point (half of my team is painfully weak). So where do u suggest to go to get levelled up as quickly as poss.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Depends on how weak you are. Now that you have the airship, you can go anywhere, even the Omega Ruins (not recommended until you finish the Sin battles). If you have 3.5k+ HP on all of your characters, you should be able to beat the game.

Otherwise, level up at Gagazet, Zanarkand, or if you're feeling up to it, Omega Ruins. You can alternatively travel across Spira, cataching monsters for the Arena, and hoping you get some EXP with all the battles you will fight.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you learn as many people Holy as you can, yunalesca should be easy!

You could always try the AP Trick, but not go to the extreme and complete the grid, perhaps just enough to get u strong enough to take on the omega ruins and have some fun in there, all the best

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If everyone's finished their section of the grid, they should be fine. (For the main game.)

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Monster Arena. But don't go for the custom monsters until you beat Sin. They are harder then Sin.

Oh and real close to Gagazet there's the cave where you get Yojimbo. A good practice for Omega Ruins wich are tougher.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

depending on how weak you are, zanarkand dome is ok cos u can get lv2 n 3 spheres from defenders but if thats gonna be too difficult then do the valley of the cactuars sub-mission so u can train in there. if zanarkand is too easy, then omega ruins

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Omega Ruins. Not only can you get levels quick, but you can also get good weapons/armor.
    hi.

Omega Ruins. watch out for Great Malboro's Bad Breath if you don't have First Strike on one of your characters...

Omega Ruins

Best place for levelling up, IMO. Its handy to have first-strike, incase you bump into un-invited guests.. (Great Malboro, for example)

or, the classic; Calm Lands.
    To be forgotten is worse than death - Freya Crescent

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A (slightly) safer alternative to the Omega Ruins is Inside Sin; though you still want to watch out just the same. (First Strike = good.) Watch out for the Behemoths.

Besaid

Those Dingo can give considerable amount of AP.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In that case, Zanarkand would be fine. (I could've sworn they said he'd gotten the airship, but meh.)

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

either go to bikanel (sanubia sands) and fight sandworms or go there capture one (or more) and fight them in the monster arena (quicker way to do this), I found them to be pretty good especially if overkilled with double AP or overdrive to AP. I used these to get ready for the omega ruins which was a big step up (tough at first but just stay within 2 steps of the save sphere) but certainly possible.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

It's decent training before you fight Seymour Natus if you want to finish everyones path on the sphere grid, but Kimahri misses out.