Thread: HELP!, How do you beat Beclem Score?

Default HELP!, How do you beat Beclem Score?

In Chapter 2, In Besaid Inland You have to Beat Beclem on this Gunner Thing.... Does anyone know a way to make your score go faster so time won't end so quickly?
    cause I got to 501 when i only had 10 secounds left and i was far away

I need help
    Offline/Online

1. Try your best not to get hit. The more fiends you kill without getting hit, the higher the Chain Gauge at the bottom goes, which means you get more points. If you get hit, the Chain Gauge goes back to zero.

2. Go to the screen with the waterfalls, go past the first one, and just stick around there for a while and kill fiends.

3. If you have two lupines coming at you at once, don't be afraid to use the Dual Shot ammo, that's what it's there for.

4. Don't waste your time with Shantaks (the flying ones), just use a Death ammo on them.

5. Save one Death ammo for the final screen, there's a YSLS-99 you need to kill.

6. Constantly be pressing the "O" button until you have a fiend to shoot. You will detect a fiend with "O" long before it appears on the screen (depending on the screen angle). Also, you can kill a fiend while it's not on the screen. Just make sure you get the ammo if you are low.

7. You can only fire 6 Ammo or Dual Shot ammo at once, and then there will be a small time before you can fire again (think of it as reloading). Don't be afraid to run if a fiend is chasing you during this time, no one will think badly of you.

8. When you have about 40 seconds left, start running for the beach. This should give you plenty of time to run while getting hit by the fiends. You should already have the score you want by the time you start running for it.

9. If all else fails, stand in the following area:

(thanks to Split Infinity from gamefaqs.com)

This is by the final waterfall of the third area, and is a "blind spot." If you are standing close enough to the fence right here, the fiends will not attack you. But this is cheap, you can do it on your own. I have faith. You should only use this when you are playing a new game+ and you have to beat your own Level MAX score.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 05-08-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

What SeeDRankLou said!

Only thing I can add is to not worry if you get hit or miss a lupine until you are out of the ruins and on the waterfall / bridges section. There will be plenty of time to catch up and the ruins area has no visibility at all!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

i found it rather easy once i got used to it. just keep going forward and blasting them and use death bullets any time. and if you have to wait to reload run back and wait 3 sec and shoot again. also if you go to where wakka pushes you off in FFX don't kill the monolith thingy. just keep shoting the creepers as they come.
    Come to my up and coming FFVII: Advent Children site. it still needs work but i'm getting there.
    http://freewebs.com/clashing_blades

its reallly hard! there is a blind spot after the water fall. stay there and collect amo after every passing fiend you killed

thats the lazy way!!
    Come to my up and coming FFVII: Advent Children site. it still needs work but i'm getting there.
    http://freewebs.com/clashing_blades