Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultima Shadow's and Trumpet Thief's SMRPG challange!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet Thief
    chaos: I sure hope he ain't too hard.
    In my opinion, he was just as tough as Croco. But that may be because I got so lucky with Croco. Did you remember to get that Kerokerocola, by the way?

ps: After getting Mallow, running from battles becomes a bit easier since you get 2 chanses to run every round. With Geno in the party as well, it becomes even easier.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: Yes, I've got the KeroKero Cola. I'll use it when I face Mack.

Rubedo: The good thing about having Mallow is using the Thunderbolt in the mack battle. It'll definetly make it easier.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet Thief
    chaos: Yes, I've got the KeroKero Cola. I'll use it when I face Mack.

Rubedo: The good thing about having Mallow is using the Thunderbolt in the mack battle. It'll definetly make it easier.
    I'd recomend selling it rather than actually using it since you get 200 coins... and it's not like you NEED it against Mack anyways, even though it could help out a bit.

Yeah, Thunderbolt really saves the day.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

I took a leaf out of Ultima Shadow\'s book, but I splurged for a crystaline, and made sure everyone was at full HP before he hit 400, and I got a freebie crystaline for later. Croco was defeated. KO count. 18
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Blog Entries

Ok, I beat Punshinello. He wasn't too tough, as long as you manage to block the bombs... but he DID KO my party once with an unexpected Sandstorm... which I hardly think I've ever seen him use before. But he went down on my second try.

Then, I went trough Boosters Pass, which took me about 25 seconds. I, obiviously, didn't encounter any enemies.

Then, it's time for Booster's Tower. I finally get Bowser! And yes, I DID bother getting the Masher (weapon for Mario), just so that I can sell it for 80 nice coins.

I went trough most of Booster's Tower without any real trouble, but then.... suddenly, got into a battle with one of those blue fireballs... and you can't escape from those battles! So I had to restart. So... even though there's a few normal coins and Frog Coins on the floor... DON'T try to get them. Ignore them, and just try to make it past that room. If you get into a battle with those blue fireballs, all you can do is restart.

Anyways... Grate Guy and Knife Guy were pretty tough, and I got Game Over twice on them. Meteor Blast is a pain. On my thirth try, they ran out of FP, though. And Bowser and Geno could easily take a few blocked physical hits. Geno's Geno Beam was extremely usefull against Knife Guy, as it could do up to 110 dammage! Mario was pretty useless in the battle, though. He just got KOed all the time.

So... I went to Marrymore and got Bowser's equipment aka the Happy Shell and Chomp Shell.

At the moment, everyone's levels are:

Mario: 4
    Mallow: 4
    Geno: 7
    Bowser: 8

I'll take it a bit easy for now. I've played a total of almost 4 hours of SMRPG today. xD
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 03-24-2006 at 11:52 PM.

Don\\\'t forget the red essence in Booster Pass. I believe it\\\'s one of two. You\\\'ll need it for Yardovich.

Punchinello was a pushover. I ran out of pick-me ups between him and croco2 though. So it was touch and go. KO count: 19.
    It's a sentimental jury

Blog Entries

Nope. You won't need to waste any Red Essences on Yardovich. He's, in fact, far from being as hard as I thought he would be.

Super Update:

So... I beat the Cake. It wasn't too hard. The Cake's defense seriously sucks, so even with such a weak party, I managed to beat it quickly... with Power Blast and Crystaline, of course. My 2 new fav items. I just smacked away with physical attacks and healed with Frog Drinks and Mushrooms whenever necessary.

I finally got Peach. And unlike all the other characters, she actually starts off with her standard equipment.

Then I went to the Star Hill, and only encountered 1 singel enemy, which I managed to run away from before it could attack.

Next up, is the Sunken Ship. The enemies here are really annoying. It's hard to make it trough without encountering atleast a few, and the ghosts even gets to attack before you do, so whenever you encounter a ghost, you'll get attacked before you even get to attempt to run! Still, I managed to get trough without getting Game Over even once, thanks to Peach and Bowser's great defense (great compared to the other character's defense, that is).

The Squid was the first boss in a long time that Mario actually could deal some serious dammage on. His Fire Orb is really effective against the magic-weak tentacles. I died once on this boss, because I ran out of Pick Me Up's. Stupid Ink Blast. On my other try, I managed to beat it though. Peach's Group Hug is absolutely AWESOME!

Mario levels up and learns Super Jump! Yay!

After the Squid, I went back to Seaside Town and bought 2 Bad Mushrooms and 2 Ice Bombs. Then, I had to go back all the way to beat up Jonathan Jones. And actually... I'd recomend buying 3 Bad Mushrooms.

Always let one of the Sharks escape, in order to get less EXP.

Jonathan Jones is easy. Really easy... as long as you don't run out of both FP and healing items. And that's why I bought 2 Bad Mushrooms. Because... Jonathan Jones got an absolutely INSANE defense. Bad Mushrooms will deal an instant 50 dammage (25 after he powers up his defense even more) AND poison him for a while. The battle will still take some serious time, though. Geno levels up and learns Geno Boost! Yay!

Yardovich... I THOUGHT this battle would be insanely hard. So... before I fought him, I went to the Forest and got some Frog Coins and bought another Crystaline and Powerblast. And... then I went back and fought Yardovich. Peach starts off by using Crystaline. Yardovich attacks, and uses Water Blast! To my suprise, even Mario survives... even though he only had 2 HP left. Once again... I love Crystaline. Even with Powerblast, I can't deal more than 50 dammage with Bowser's timed hits... and both Mario and Peach are completely useless as far as offense goes. Actually... Mario's probably better off dead in this battle. And even though he had Full HP and was under the effect of Crystaline, he got killed by one "Willy Wisp". I revived Mario twice, but he just died again before he even got to do anything... so I just let him stay KOed. The thing is... thanks to the effect of Crystaline and Peach's Group Hug, both Peach and Bowser didn't get KOed even once. And after a while, Yardovich ran out of FP! And once Yardovich's FP was gone, I had absolutely no trouble taking him down... even though it took a while.

Yup, that's my progress so far.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

So you're not going to just plow through the remainder of the game with Geno Whirl?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    So you're not going to just plow through the remainder of the game with Geno Whirl?
    Well... Geno Whirl only works on normal enemies and on Exor. And since I'll only fight bosses, that wouldn't be possible anyways. Besides, I'm not even sure if I'll get Geno Whirl by the time I reach Exor, since I won't level up much.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Well... Geno Whirl only works on normal enemies and on Exor.
    Yeah, I thought it worked on some other bosses, but evidently not.

Assuming you get to Bowser's Keep, it's going to be rough getting through without encountering either of those forced battle hallways.

Ultima you bastard. How dare you have an easy time with the cake. I cried once. I got 10 game overs, and I was abusing save states. All he would do was Blizzard, Sandstorm, and Diamond Saw, in that order. Luckily Bowser was in teh middle.

Yardo does sound easy.
    It's a sentimental jury

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bbomber72000
    Ultima you bastard. How dare you have an easy time with the cake. I cried once. I got 10 game overs, and I was abusing save states. All he would do was Blizzard, Sandstorm, and Diamond Saw, in that order. Luckily Bowser was in teh middle.

Yardo does sound easy.
    Like I said, Crystaline and Power Blast ftw. If you've got some frog Drinks ready as well, Blizzard won't be too much of a problem. And it didn't actually get to use Sandstorm. It used a few phsycical attacks instead, which are easily blocked.

Edit:

Ok, here's another update:

After beating Yardovich, I went back to the forest to to get some frog coins and buy another Crystaline. But for some reason, I just didn't bother getting a Power Blast... which was a stupid misstake.
    So... I had to fight some forced normal battles at Land's End. The Ants are so damn annoying. They can be killed with one singel Super Jump, but they can usually kill one of your characters as well, with one singel Carni Kiss. I underestimated and got killed by the ants once. But the ants are still pushover compared to Belome. Belome 2 is by far the hardest boss so far.

He's the first boss (or enemy for that matter) to kill me more than once... he even killed my 3 times, even though I had Crystaline. And seriously... don't use Bowser in this battle. The "Bowser-copies" are undefeatable. They are immune to superjumps, and got such an insane defense that it would take about 1 hour to take one of them down! Atleast, without Power Blast. But even with Powerblast, it would probably take about 30 min. Everything did either 0 or 1-2 dammage on them, except Bowser's phsycical attacks and Marios Fire Orbs which both did about 6-8 dammage. Also, their own attacks are extremely powerful. Even though they can be blocked easily, they will still do an insane dammage as long as you don't block them COMPLETELY and take 0 dammage.

So... basically, just bring Geno instead. Also, Mario is your best attacker in this battle thanks to his Super Jump. But Mario is also weak and gets KOed easily, thus losing the effect of Crystaline and Power Blast. But thanks to Geno Boost, you can give him a new Defense and Attack boost in one singel turn, which is great. Beware, though. The Geno Clones are far from being as annoying as the Bowser Clones, but they still got some really powerful attacks. Another annoying thing is that Belome always will put your characters to sleep.
    When I finally beated Belome on my 4th try, though. It was because I managed to kill him with 3 Super Jumps alone. So I guess you can pretty much say that timing with Super Jumps is the key to win this battle.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 03-27-2006 at 06:00 PM.

Shoot, I suck at super jumps.
    It's a sentimental jury

Blog Entries

Hey, bbomber72000! How far have you got?

Um, I was playing this morining, I had to go so I save stated. I killed all the tentacles, and am killing the main body of King Calamari.

DAMN. I'm stuck. I'm at the battle with five pirates, I'm about to use my bad mushrooms. How much HP do they have (Red Bandannas)?
    Last edited by Cruise Control; 03-29-2006 at 03:52 PM.
    It's a sentimental jury