View Poll Results: Select you favourite series from Firefly/Serenity?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firefly - Pilot

6 60.00%
  • The Train Mission

2 20.00%
  • Bushwhacked

3 30.00%
  • Shindig

3 30.00%
  • Safe

2 20.00%
  • Our Mrs. Renald

3 30.00%
  • Jaynestown

2 20.00%
  • Out of Gas

8 80.00%
  • Ariel

6 60.00%
  • War Stories

3 30.00%
  • Trash

3 30.00%
  • The Message

4 40.00%
  • Heart of Gold

2 20.00%
  • Objects in Space

7 70.00%
  • Serenity - The Movie

4 40.00%
  • Don't like any of them

0 0%
  • Don't know the series

1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Best of Firefly/Serenity

Default Best of Firefly/Serenity

Well?

I liked:
    • Pilot
    • Bushwhacked
    • Ariel
    • Trash
    • Objects in Space
    • and of course the film.

I think, apart from Serenity and the pilot, Ariel and Objects in Space are the best though.

Ariel reminds me of Ocean's Eleven and Objects in Space is just hilarious.
    Last edited by Discord; 01-07-2006 at 08:56 PM.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So hard to choose! I really loved Out of Gas because we got to see how exactly Mal came to own Serenity and how various characters came to join the crew.

And I loved The Message because that little exchange Tracy and Zoe had at the end was just so heartbreaking. And it really paralleled what was happening to the show at that time.

Tracy: "When you can’t run, you crawl. And when you can’t crawl... when you can’t do that..."

Zoe: "You find someone to carry you."

Then there's Objects in Space which was fascinating because River really shined in that episode. I really thought she had melted.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Then there's Objects in Space which was fascinating because River really shined in that episode. I really thought she had melted.
    Yeah, Objects in Space was great. The all-cool bountyhunter got driven mad by River, though I was wondering what really happened to River through out the episode myself.

I think the Pilot of Serenity was very nice, since they show how Simon got on board and so on. It's also a little richer on effects and sound, not that the other episodes weren't. Actually the one thing I loved about Firefly is that it just looks so much better effectwise than all the other sci-fi shows. It clearly beats Star Trek and Andromeda. Heh, the later has only 5 computer animation that they repeat over and over again. Also has no aliens, so it's looks a little more realistic.

Still liked Ariel and Serenity the Film more

Ariel is just neatly made and the concept was great. They also show how the Alliance operates. From the film, I liked then end the most:

Mal: It ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flying is?

Well, I suppose you do, since you already know what I'm about to say.

River: I do. But I like to hear you say it.

Mal: Love.

You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.

[Rain pattering]

River: Storm's getting worse.

Mal: We'll pass through it soon enough.
    Not that I usually get touchy on speaches about love, but when I saw this part, with the music, the rain and River piloting the ship, I was fairly close to .

I just loved it.

I love the Pilot (which is, BTW, titled Serenity), Out of Gas, Ariel (mostly for the ending), and Objects in Space.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    I love the Pilot (which is, BTW, titled Serenity), Out of Gas, Ariel (mostly for the ending), and Objects in Space.
    Yeah, but seriosly, did Ariel remind anyone else but me Oceans Eleven?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGrin
    No. Not at all. I think it's you.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Not really, but I can see why you think that. It's just because it's a big complicated hiest.

My favourites were the pilot because you get to meet everyone, Out of Gas becuase you see what everyone was like and it's got some really funny bits in it, Ariel and Shindig, because you get to see how the other half lives, and Objects in Space because you begin to see inside River's head and the bounty hunter is a really good example of a one hit character.

I havn't actually seen the film, because I got into the series recently and it's not out on DVD here yet, but I think it'll be up there as well
    Oh no, the end has fallen off - Uri De'Jeller

I didn't like Out of Gas that much. I though the parts where they showed the past were good, i.e. how they got the ship and the crew, but I'm just not a fan of the episodes where someone is close to duying throughout from the start to the very end. It wasn't bad though.

About Serenity - The Film, it is out on DVD already. Since December 15th, I think.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...s=dvd&v=glance

About Serenity - The Film, it is out on DVD already. Since December 15th, I think.

Unfortunatly I live across the pond in that back water burb of England where it's not out until late Feb. Sometimes being English sucks. Sometimes...
    Oh no, the end has fallen off - Uri De'Jeller

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, we've been discussing the DVD in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanwen Strife
    Unfortunatly I live across the pond in that back water burb of England where it's not out until late Feb. Sometimes being English sucks. Sometimes...
    Heh, I live in Germany at the moment and here it will probably come out in 2010 Though you can get it in other parts of Europe if you speak the language.