Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ragnarok Online 2 (must see)

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

Ragnarok Online 2 (must see)

EDIT: Major update added, lots more media for you all! ^_~ See bottom half of this post!

For fans of the game, RO has held some great experiances and great memories... whether you played on the official servers, or on one of the many private servers out there. Ragnarok Online has been considered by many to be one of the few MMORPGs that did it right first, and lead to the success of many others. The game even inspired an Anime series made in its image.

Anyway, some of you may have seen this video from almost a year ago.
    At that time, most people thought it was just a tech demo, or at most a full '1 player/offline' game.

I for one, was praying to the Gods of Midgard (XD stupid reference) that an RO2 would see the light of day! And even though I forgot about it since now, it would appear that my (along with many other RO fan's) prayers were answered.

Gravity (the company behind RO) made an appearance at TGS this year, and though there was little to no media coverage on them, they came baring the same trailer(as well as some new ones), along with a little more news, on closed beta and :
    Several other tidbits have come up about the game which might be of interest to a few people: the score will be done by Yoko Kanno of Cowboy Bebop fame, and one of its toted features is the ability to change to multiple jobs with the same character. If Gravity can do all of this while maintaining a good portion of its user base, they might have a potential powerhouse on its hands.
    (some interesting concept art from RPGamer.com) Above quote also from that site.

Had it not been for a good friend of mine, bringing this news to my attention, I probably would have overlooked it, until much more news came out.

Without further delay, Here is the RO2 website! http://www.ragnarokonline2.com/ Currently only available in Korean and Japanese. For those that can read either one of those (and even if you can't, you can click random things XD) there are screenshots and wall papers and other goodies to be seen! I think there is even an extra in-game video, although, I can't get it to dl. XD

From what I know, the game is still in Closed Beta... which means fat chance getting into the game, until they want you too... XD
    Still, I'm hoping that there's a slime slime chance one of my contacts just might be able to get me in...=/ although, still... fat chance. T_T

From what I've seen, the graphics are easilly comparable to Guild Wars or WoW... Maybe better! ^_^;
    BTW, several of the screenshots on the RO2 website, were taken by my friend thats playing closed beta. lol One of the new features that wasn't mentioned above, is now you can have both male and female characters, in the same account! ^_~
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    MEDIA AND INFO UPDATE:

OK after some searching around, I found a TON more media from RO2 for you guys! ^_~
    First off this is where I got most of it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarok_Online_2

And now I shall direct link some stuff to make it easier. lol BTW some of this stuff is hard to get, if you don't have a korean proxy... lucky someone out there did! ^_^

http://ro2.ath.cx/files/
    http://ro2.ath.cx/files/screenshots/
    ^Screenshots and some artwork, and even wallpapers! (the same vids as below as well)

http://ro2.ath.cx/files/R2_KAMEX.rar
    ^At long last, I finally found a high quality version of that first video! ^_~ Enjoy!

http://ro2.ath.cx/files/RO2_TGSPromo.zip
    ^Full of wonderful video footage of locations, characters/NPCs, and Monsters!!! btw Gold theif bug looks as big as it was in the Anime! lol
    See if you can spot the poring! XD

http://ro2.ath.cx/files/RO2_Anime.zip
    ^I didn't see this one at first, but it might seem there is even going to be an RO2 Anime! Although, it could just be an animated promo. lol

I'd also like to add, that it appears that the official name for RO2 will be "Ragnarok Online 2: The Gate of the World". Makes me wonder what the "Gate" is... ^_^;

Well, I hope that gives some of you something to drool over till the game comes out! ^_~ If I find anything else, I'll be sure to post it!
    Last edited by Tidus Andronicus; 11-08-2005 at 09:16 PM.
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

That looks simply amazing. I can't wait to get mobbed by Deviruichi's with graphics like that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It just gets cuter and cuter. ;_;

The graphics look really cute and nice. ^^ Hopefully it's nothing like the original.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I dunno i didnt enjoy RO alot because msot ppl didnt want to party on my server...but yeah it looks nice, reminds me of Fantasy Earth that SE has.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Making it 3D character models kind of takes away the Ragnarok Online charm for me.

After downloading a new desktop wallpaper for my computer, off the Ragnarok 2 website... I noticed that it looks like an in-game shot! Considering the grass goes through his leg... and the quality of the leaves close to the camera, I'm guessing this is at least somewhat in-game... which makes me wonder if the poses in this image are from in-game too... XD other screenshots show the character's sitting and even lying down, so maybe its possible... lol

Either way, what I have seen so far is just amazing, graphics wise. If you look carefully in that first video, you can see the parts of the backpack bounce and interact (the metal mug seems to anyway) as they run.
    Other examples are easier to spot, for example, the higher resolution on clothing and other items on the characters... there also seems to be a decent polygon count on the character models/hair.

*wow, I can't wait to play this*

(I attached that wallpaper, sorry that it's so dang big for some people, my desktop is 1280x960... =P)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tidus Andronicus; 11-07-2005 at 05:16 PM.

O...M...F...G!!!

I can't believe this is actually real! ^___^;//

Awesome, and it looks soo pretty! =3

wowowie~! x3 Plz keep us up to date on info for this! I wanna sign up for beta the moment they do a public one!

Tidus, if you do get in, I would soo envy you! x3 show us more screenshots! XD

It'll be crappy.

The magic of RO was the graphical style.

Gravity had a great concept, but the execution made it one of the...well, sloppiest MMORPGs out there. The main PvE goal of the game was to collect HATS, freaking HATS.

WoW, the PvP goal was insane on the main servers, if you've ever seen a screenshot of the Emperium room of the average castle, you can't actually MOVE for people.

The RO world was too small to ever really contain the quantity of people it did, and even private servers just grew too boring because you could get everything easily.

Gravity being Gravity will just design new graphics, keep a near-identical engine and then charge $15.99 a month for it.

The sad thing is, suckers will pay for it.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

...guns?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Never played the original...doubt I'll be playing this one.
    I like Kung-Fu.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

awwww, i still have to play r.o. 1

guess ill have to enjoy this one

*drools over pointlessly addictive and time consuming lvl grinders*

MAJOR MEDIA UPDATE ABOVE!

Well, I managed to find a LOT of new info and vidoes/screens... so I made a major update to the first post! Be sure to check it out! ^_~

Got to love Wikipedia... XD I never thought I'd see a HQ version of that first trailer!

While you watch those videos, pay attention to the detail put into character movements, as well as facial expressions!

I thought it was neat that they have the ability to lye down, or sit, and do a number of other things, including what appeared to be sleep! XD I'm hoping for facial expressions, i'm sure those will be in there...Course player character's eyes blink! and notice in the vids that you can chose your sex in character creation. =D

Gravity might just have a major hit on their hands! ^_^; I can only hope this will surpass RO1 for me! I'm sure I'll even pay2play when it comes to that. XD

*^_^* Maybe I'm just a bit too excited... (my own hyperness from watching those vids hasn't worn off yet)XD Since RO was my first mmorpg... I'm as excited to see a new one, as I used get to see a new FF game come out. (also comparable to my excitement when I first got FF8, or my PS2) lol:rolleyes2
    Last edited by Tidus Andronicus; 11-08-2005 at 09:01 AM.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I really want them to complate maple, so ill stick to that till i play ro2

umm... Gravity doesn't do Maple Story...Wizet does...If thats what your talking about... Or do you mean, you want to finish playing MS first? cause you can't really 'finish' an online game. x3 ^_^;

Otherwise, I'm hoping that RO2 will be good enough that its worth actually paying to play.

If its anything like the first, as far as the job system/items/ect. Then I'll play it no matter what! x3