Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2004 US Election General Commentary Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default The 2004 US Election General Commentary Thread

This thread can now be used for commentary on the elections as the votes come in etc. I noticed that all the threads are specific right now with regards to things such as who you'll be voting for, what's the world opinion and whatever. So, now general flowing discussion is free to be held here with regards to what the news is saying etc. etc.

Feel free to post links, quote news stories and... uh... whatever else you do in all this stuff. I don't know. Say when a state has an official vote count or something? Any sort of developments, I guess. I'll sticky this, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

All that I can say aboot this whole thing, is that America is going to crap all over the world no matter what butt-hole that they ellect.

Go Canada.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by White Raven
    All that I can say aboot this whole thing, is that America is going to crap all over the world no matter what butt-hole that they ellect.

Go Canada.
    chaos:

Rubedo: Personally, I think that America won't be heading in a good direction either way. I find both candidates to be horrible in many ways, but, I don't think I'd be wanting to stand four more years of Bush.

I voted after coming home from school. The lines were great, I only had to wait 2 minutes.

But my polling place was packed in the morning...as it will be later tonight when people come home from work. I hate how my state doesn't allow early ballots...you can at least divert some votes from rushing in all at once.

Virginia hasn't called yet - worrying for the Republicans? I'm going to bed once the next few states have called. I have to be up at half five...

Quote Originally Posted by Skogs
    Virginia hasn't called yet - worrying for the Republicans? I'm going to bed once the next few states have called. I have to be up at half five...
    Virginia is going Republican unfortunately. Northern VA is highly democratic, while southern virginia is highly republican. Good news for Kerry though, he has leads in Ohio, Michigan, PA, and NY...that's about 70 electoral votes...and he'll most likely win the chunky 55 electoral votes of California...but we'll see. It looked bad early on with Bush taking a 39-3 electoral vote lead, but that was because the Southern states had already cast their ballots.

Edit: Gosh damn, Bush has the popular vote in almost every reporting state that has not been declared. Some by extremely large margins. I get more and more depressed each time I see this...how can people vote for an idiot? Kerry's only hope is that he wins the chunky states like Ohio, Cali, NY, and PA because Texas will surely go to Bush.
    Last edited by Dingo Jellybean; 11-03-2004 at 02:03 AM.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bush has won most of the states he was expected to win already. The rest are pretty solid Kerry or toss-up states.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    Bush has won most of the states he was expected to win already. The rest are pretty solid Kerry or toss-up states.
    Thank God for California being so big. PA going to Kerry wasn't a surprised despite Bush visiting PA 40 times. Ohio is what worries me. So far, it's leaning in Bush's favor.

Contributions

*Doesn't use Split Personalities in Important Threads*

Say it isn't so... Bush is very close to winning this election. If Kerry doesn't obtain Ohio, his chances of winning are going to be very small. So far, according to ABC News, the results are:

Bush: 237
    Kerry: 188

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it's about over. Bush seems to be leading in Ohio. With Florida under him too, I don't think he's going to lose.

If this turns out like I think it is I may be eating mutton for a few solid months.

My compliments to anyone who got that last comment.

Contributions

*explodes*

It's all over...

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet Thief
    *Doesn't use Split Personalities in Important Threads*

Say it isn't so... Bush is very close to winning this election. If Kerry doesn't obtain Ohio, his chances of winning are going to be very small. So far, according to ABC News, the results are:

Bush: 237
    Kerry: 188
    According to an NBC poll, Bush is at 207 to Kerry at 199.

Contributions

Well, they are all pretty much projecting the results. Still, it feels as though Bush is going to come out on top, which just sickens me

Refer to the attchment on my Anti bush reasons...:/
    Attached Files Attached Files

"Life insurance pays off triple if you die on a business trip."
    By Sephiroths Clone