Thread: Fanatics Tower (Spoiler Warning)

Default Fanatics Tower (Spoiler Warning)

Ok, I'm taking the brave approach and fighting my way up the tower with Locke, Terra, Shadow, and Gogo. To survive to the top I'm casting float on everyone and have equiped everyone with a wall ring. I can skate my way to the top, racking up combat tallies for the cursed shield, but the boss at the top, magimaster I think, is causing me problems. (SPOILER) He casts Ultima just as he dies and wipes out my entire, fully healed, party Anyone have any suggestions/advice?

(SPOILER) Is Rasp my best option?
    Last edited by Dark Falken; 10-11-2004 at 04:50 PM.

Blog Entries

You could use Life3 to survive.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yeah, you should use Life3. You could Rasp him, but as he has 50,000 magic points it would take a while. Just ensure that one person has Life3 on them and you're set.
    Figaro Castle

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Life3 is almost the only way to survive the end of the battle, but you can make the entire fight easier by casting Beserk on him. It prevents him from using that frustrating, element-negating Wallchange defence, and it also reduces the number of spells he can cast.

Celes' "Runic" might help as well to survive his final attack...

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Runic doesnt work for spells like Ultima.

Articles

You couldn't use Runic in the Tower even if you wanted to, since the only means of attack that is allowed is magic.

That's why I wrote "might" :sweatdrop I guess I have to play FFVI again very soon...

Default My recommendation

A simple recomendation would be to boost your characters to level 99, so they will survive Ultima no matter what. While I preffer to have strong characters with boosted stats, the Magimaster can be beat with any weak character, as long as the following criteria is met:

1. Have Mog in the party and bring any other three pals (you can beat Magimaster with moogle alone in any level, but the more the merrier).

2. Have Mog equip Moggle Charm.

3. Have everyone learn Rasp and Osmose.

4. Have someone who knows Berserk.

5. Have someone who knows Vanish.

Okay, once the battle starts, cast berserk on Magimaster; cast Vanish in your whole party and then start casting Rasp on Magimaster. Just keep the button pressed with some weight and wait about 5 minutes; return and cast Osmose to recover your MP and star rasping again. When Magimaster's MP reaches 0, he dies; the last message he gets is "Not enough MP" X_DD

You could also bring Umaro to make him attak phisically, or berserk your own characters. Just don't forget to at least have the Esper Palidor, so at least one of your characters survives Ultima. Just cast Palidor and have Gogo mimic it over and over again (do this when Magimaster's HP is low).

Oh, by the way, Celes' Runic Blade can absorb Ultima for some crazy reason. I completely eliminated that possibility in my hack of this game, along with the possibility of berseking Magimaster. You gotta be a real baddass to be able to beat this game now. Even in level 99, the tower of Kefka is just too hard.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Try jumping if you don't have Life3. You can't use the jump command in the battle, but there is an esper who makes your whole party jump, I think it's Palidor. Keep an eye on his HP and when it gets low, use Palidor and hope there is someone in the air when he uses Ultima, because they won't be affected by it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ok, I finally beat him. I used the wall rings, the float spell on everyone, and life3 (which i thought wouldn't work through wall but found differently). It was a long fight, but I finally got him. Now I'm off to willow's tower. If he's true to form I expect it will be hard to get to him, but once I reach him he'll be a pushover. Oh, and I've gotten all the other dragons...so I should be able to catch those last two in there somewhere.