Thread: FFVI Expert Version 3 Suggestions

Default FFVI Expert Version 3 Suggestions

For those of you who are familiar with FFVI Expert Version 2 I'm looking for ideas for a third rendition of a hard FFVI. Some people have exposed the faults of EV2 and it has become evident that a better version is needed. Here's a current list of proposed changes to EV2 to make EV3:

1. Double the speed of both monsters and characters for faster and more intense battle action
    2. Have a major damage scale reduction so that it's near impossible to inflict more than 5,000 damage in one hit
    3. Redo experience points so that hard monsters give lots of experience and weak monsters don't
    4. Give more experience points so that your characters are at level 80 after completing all WoR sidequests (this avoids having to train for 5+ hours straight to get to level 99)
    5. Increase the difficulty in many areas of the game, especially late
    6. Redo the colosseum monster list to reflect the monster changes (fight hard monsters for rare items, easy monsters for cheap items)
    7. Have new dialogue with an authentic feel (maybe)
    8. Fix the in-game descriptions for the new items
    9. Reduce enemy evasion
    10. Have many minor tweaks to enemies and items
    11. Have the steal command be more rewarding with better items to steal from enemies

If you're really interested there's another thread about this where we discuss some of the changes. You can check it out if you want right here. I'm wondering if anyone here has any ideas to contribute or comments concerning the current changes list. If your ideas are used you'll be added to the credits. So how about it?
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Why not have Chupon (or Typhoon if you renamed him) drop a rare item in the colloseum? Like, a REALLY rare item. Better yet, have that be the only way to get an otherwise common yet incredibly useful item like one of Edgar's tools?

Blog Entries

Very intressting. Tell me when it's done.

Ok, things that could be changed: Atma Weapon could have alot more MP to prevent it from die so easily with the rasp thing.

Also, keep in mind that you shouldn't make the EXP TOO easily gained or it will ruin the game.

Also, is there any super bosses? FFVI really need some. You know, optional bosses that are harder than the final boss and stuff.

And ALSO... ummm... well... if there IS super bosses in this game... could I possibly come up with ideas for some? Atleast one?

lol I've always wanted to develope a super boss in a FF.

Anyway... this seems great! I must try it out when you'r done with it.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Very intressting. Tell me when it's done.

Ok, things that could be changed: Atma Weapon could have alot more MP to prevent it from die so easily with the rasp thing.

Also, keep in mind that you shouldn't make the EXP TOO easily gained or it will ruin the game.

Also, is there any super bosses? FFVI really need some. You know, optional bosses that are harder than the final boss and stuff.

And ALSO... ummm... well... if there IS super bosses in this game... could I possibly come up with ideas for some? Atleast one?

lol I've always wanted to develope a super boss in a FF.

Anyway... this seems great! I must try it out when you'r done with it.
    Just so you know, i90east has already realeased two expert versions, 1 and 2, and now is looking to improve upon that with the third version/release. If you haven't played either earlier version, I suggest you check them out (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=44818) as they are great fun.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    Just so you know, i90east has already realeased two expert versions, 1 and 2, and now is looking to improve upon that with the third version/release. If you haven't played either earlier version, I suggest you check them out (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=44818) as they are great fun.
    Yea, I already know about them. Why else would this be called version 3?

Anyway, I haven't had the time to try them yet... but I will try out 3 as soon as it's complete.
    However... is there great differences betweene the versions or do you think it's enough to only play the latest?

There are big differences between each version. Version 1 took 2.5 months to complete and Version 2 took 3 months. At the time I created these I only worked one part-time job, and now I work 54 hours per week with a new full-time job so Version 3 won't be done for quite some time (spring 2005 perhaps).

As for optional bosses, Czar Dragon is an optional boss that's comparable in difficulty to Kefka. Both are about as hard as bosses can be because of HP limitations (65535 is the limit and characters often deal 9999 HP damage in one hit). Making those bosses harder means not giving you a chance to attack, or having them heal themselves every 5 seconds. There's also a custom island on the WoR map with custom random monsters which offer a decent challenge. Overall the third version will be a harder game and with the damage scale shift harder bosses near the end should be possible.
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

Is possible to replenish the enemies' HP when it's low?

For example, Czar Dragon have 65535HP, but when it reaches 20000HP (or less) for the first and second time, it's refilled. So, at the end of the batlle, Czar Dragon would have a total of at least 156605HP...

I don't know if that's possible, but it's an idea...

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider
    Is possible to replenish the enemies' HP when it's low?

For example, Czar Dragon have 65535HP, but when it reaches 20000HP (or less) for the first and second time, it's refilled. So, at the end of the batlle, Czar Dragon would have a total of at least 156605HP...

I don't know if that's possible, but it's an idea...
    Yea, that's the way Zeromus in FFIV goes. When he's very dammaged, his HP is refiled 1 time.

Anyway, there could be a boss with 4 "spheres" with like, 55,000 HP each. Each of the spheres do something like: Sphere1: casts Cure3 on the boss every round. Sphere2: casts Shell or Safe every round. Sphere3: casts Rasp and Dispell on the characters every round. Sphere4 casts Haste or Regen every round.
    And the boss itself have max HP and defense stats. Casting stuff like "Bad breath" will force the player to either have Ribbon on everyone or use alot of remedies.

Oh, and I will try out version 1 and 2 someday soon.