Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When?

Default When?

So when is this game going to be on shelves? I heard either Feb 14 2005 or Aug 24 2004. I WANT IT NOW! RAAAWR!!!!!!!! I need another FF to play! FFXI costs too much for ps2 and my pc is [strike]such a piece of crap[/strike] unreliable so i can't get the pc version. I really wan't a new FF!
    Last edited by TasteyPies; 07-12-2004 at 09:21 PM.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

WOAH, who told you August 24, 2004? That's so ridiculous, it's ridiculous. Square-Enix is hoping to have it come out some time next year, along with Kingdom Hearts 2. I think the August 24 date you're talking about is the release date for Advent Children. I'm not sure. Oh, wait, August 24 is the release date for Star Ocean 3.... I think.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

My guess is they will say it's early next year, then delay it till the end of the year. Just like any other FF really. =\

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Last I heard it was coming out some time in February. SE wanted to spread out their three major releases: Star Ocean, FFXII and Kingdom Hearts II. Star Ocean is coming out this fall I believe, they said FFXII would be somewhere in February and KHII could be pushed back all the way to summer or even fall 2005.

I can't wait for XII. It looks like it's going to be one of the gems of the series.

Oooo, FF12 and Xenosaga 2 are gonna duke it out something fierce!
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

As much as I liked the first Xenosaga, I don't think there's going to be any competition between the two.

Haha, yeah. I don't think there'll be any debates on whether or not Xenosaga II can even come within 200 feet of comparison range with FFXII.

Wow, KHII coming out during the summer of 2005? That's burning mad.

KH II comes out sometime next year...but who cares about Kingdom Hearts anways?
    Last edited by UltimateSpamGrover; 07-13-2004 at 12:47 AM.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Warrior
    Oooo, FF12 and Xenosaga 2 are gonna duke it out something fierce!
    Why do you even care about Xenosaga series? Neither Xenogears nor Xenosaga have been released in Europe, and the chances are that we aren't getting Xenosaga 2 either, so you probably aren't getting those games anyway. As for FFXII, I've heard Summer 2005 in Japan although it could come out later. So I guess Christmas 2005 or early 2006 would be the time for the US release, and late 2006 for Europeans.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grover
    who cares about Kingdom Hearts?
    Alots of people (me included)! However FFXII is ofcourse even more important.

Does anybody know the European release date?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

I don't think we can even decided on a Japanese release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD
    So I guess Christmas 2005 or early 2006 would be the time for the US release, and late 2006 for Europeans.
    What?! That's bloody insane! This could be the game that redeems Square after giving us FFX.

Anyone know the exact release date of Star Ocean 3?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

As far as I know, there are no set release dates for any of SE's new games. From what I've heard though, Star Ocean 3 should be the first one out, so maybe sometime late fall or winter? Could be later than that, but I doubt it.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

On FF Warzone, they said that Star Ocean Till The End of Time will be released on August 31. Don't kill the messenger.

--Box Box Box Box

Oh, well at least Star Ocean can keep us occupied until FFXII comes out. I know I will be occupied, since I don't play video-games on school days and I'll probably get my very first job soon. Congrats me.

Sephiroth1999AD: *whisper* Mod-chip r teh win! The first one was pretty much everything I could want from a console-RPG. If a bit too Japanese, but that is another game, another forum, blah. But that's why I care.

Well, That's all for me in this topic.
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Seriously if this game comes out before 2006 i owe somebody $5 U.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If it comes out before 2006 then I WON'T have to hunt down SE people, strap them to their chairs, and make them work!

Why do we always get games late anyways? Excuse my ignorance, but isn't the only thing that's different the language? They don't seem to change the graphics to make `em match...

--Box Box Box Box

while i am waiting for FFXII will be mostly buying Fable and KOTOR2.(befor you ask i am not a star wars fan but the first game was exellent.
    [leeza]Sig width limit: 550 pixels.
    Sig filesize limit: 50 kb.[/leeza]

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

They make changes. For one thing, translation takes a while. For another thing, you can't directly translate Japanese to English, it doesn't make any sense. This is why things get localized. Not only that, but a lot of the FF games have had BIG changes made to the US releases. Ignoring all the messes caused by pre-Sony FF games, FFVII had several bosses added and as a result, FMVs had to be changed. This is why there was an "international version". Also, the gap between a game's Japanese release and a game's US release has been getting MUCH shorter. Usually what we have to wait around for is for the game to be finished up and released in Japan. Then it's usually only around 3 months before the US gets it.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DJzen
    They make changes. For one thing, translation takes a while. For another thing, you can't directly translate Japanese to English, it doesn't make any sense. This is why things get localized. Not only that, but a lot of the FF games have had BIG changes made to the US releases. Ignoring all the messes caused by pre-Sony FF games, FFVII had several bosses added and as a result, FMVs had to be changed. This is why there was an "international version". Also, the gap between a game's Japanese release and a game's US release has been getting MUCH shorter. Usually what we have to wait around for is for the game to be finished up and released in Japan. Then it's usually only around 3 months before the US gets it.
    Oh....darn. Anyways, thanks for explaining.

--Box Box Box Box

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJzen
    True, but bringing the games to Europe takes a lot longer. The translation is the same as in the US version, and pretty much all Square has to do is change the game from NTSC to PAL (shouldn't be too hard as far as I know) and make a European game covers and manuals. But still that takes forever. FF7 was the first FF that made it to Europe, and it came out almost a year after the Japanese version. FF8 came to Europe almost 20 months after the Japanese release and over a year after the US release. FF9 was faster, but Square Europe put an overly large price tag for it, about $70-80. FFX came out here when FFXI had already been released in Japan, and FFX-2 came out at early 2004. Square Enix still hasn't announced the European release for FFXI, let alone a release date. As for FFXII, as I said before, it can easily take until the year 2006 that the game becomes available in English.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Don't they also have to translate it to certain Europe languages?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How many countries get the FF games? I know Germany does...but that's all I know.

--Box Box Box Box

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD
    Why do you even care about Xenosaga series? Neither Xenogears nor Xenosaga have been released in Europe, and the chances are that we aren't getting Xenosaga 2 either, so you probably aren't getting those games anyway. As for FFXII, I've heard Summer 2005 in Japan although it could come out later. So I guess Christmas 2005 or early 2006 would be the time for the US release, and late 2006 for Europeans.

Early 2006 in the US? This is unacceptable. I thought they were pretty much done with the game?
    An Aphrodite for mortal souls
    Playing hide and seek in lecherous roles
    Their erotic hour, my tearless weep
    Their saticfaction, my infinite sleep

Naked limbs reflecting fron the moon
    I'll be there for you soon
    First wish for this night:
    Let me be your delight

Body of a virgin
    Soul to the Devil's kin
    Your God is me
    In all that you see

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

There a few more issues I forgot to mention. The first is actually deciding to release a game. On big name games it's usually a no brainer (who DOESN'T love Mario?), but from what I understand gaming in Europe is a different scene. I hear that gaming isn't quite as engrained in the culture. There's also the issue of content legality. Then the game has to be reviewed for rating. On top of that, there's copyrights. Would you like to know why Dragon Warrior got called Dragon Quest in the US?

In Japan it comes out Fall 2004
    In USA it comes out Early 2005
    and in Europe Late 2005
    Member of the KH Trinity

A journey which spans across many familiar worlds to find friends, hope, and answers...

I went to BEST BUY a week ago and they had a promotional catalog...in their was a short article on FFXII...it said the "TARGET DATE" was in February of 2005...so....I'm stoaked

Just checked out GameStop.com

the have a release date on it by December 30, of this year...COOL....can't truly say it's official....I'm just browsing around