Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hardest, yet fun way to beat it. (freaks only :D)

Blog Entries

Default The Hardest, yet fun way to beat it. (freaks only :D)

A while ago I did a "Ultimate Challange" tread. However, when I tested it out it appeard to be both easy and boring. This is something that I have tested out (or atleast IS testing out rigth now) and it's both harder (from the later part of disc1-the end of disc4) and funnier. This way, this easy game acctually becomes a great challang instead of the easiest of all the FF's. This is how to go: All the characters must have only their first weapon trough the whole game. Cards is not allowed to be refined into items. You is not allowed to draw from enemies or bosses (neither GFs or Magic), only drawpoints or refine items into magic. And finally... are you ready? ...Only junction Ability (mad rush, darkside etc) is allowed. No other forms of junctioning. No magic junctioning to boost stats and not even those 20%str and Auto-protect etc junktionings are allowed.

So mainly... your party have their first weapons... low stats (suprisingly useless attack command) and more limmited amount of Magics and GFs + can't get 100hero from the Laguna card :evilking: . In the very begining it's not so hard but since the monsters also lvl up... on my current place in this FFVIII challange I had to hit one of those small brown crawles 3 times to kill it.

And finally... the ULTIMATE challange (seriously, this may be whorse than Penance) to defeat Omega and Ultima Weapon this way (without the end ofcourse) however that's an optional super challange.

All in all this is just for FFVIII freaks who want to test their skill at FFVIII.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I guess I'll try it....

Blog Entries

WOW COOL!
    But just so that you know... some battles can really take VERY long time.

Contributions

*Shudders about the thought of the Seifer vs. Squall fight in disc 1*

Blog Entries

The most funny batle was Ultimecia I was scared, drank two glass of water, couldn't stop singing and listen music, I was really stressed, it was very funny and really hard!

Blog Entries

So you have fougth Ultimecia this way? Yea, it must be a very scary battle. Did you play trough the whole game this way so fast? I just defeated Edea disc1.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 07-08-2004 at 08:08 PM.

I initally am playing it this way, because I dont know how to junction!!!
    I just use Shiva and Quezacotl over and over again and hope I dont die
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grover
    I initally am playing it this way, because I dont know how to junction!!!
    I just use Shiva and Quezacotl over and over again and hope I dont die
    Poor guy. :rolleyes2 That doesn't sound very fun.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    So you have fougth Ultimecia this way? Yea, it must be a very scary battle. Did you play trough the whole game this way so fast? I just defeated Edea disc1.
    I was scrared to death and I fought her with Vividaris, limits breaks and shiva and cactuar,my cactuar takes out 10000!

No I took a little long but probably two months coz I've already known FF8 so it was kind of piece of cake!

Both Edea were so easy!

Contributions

I'm at the point where I will try to beat Ultima Weapon. NOT OMEGA 'cause he's got those attacks that hurt everybody.

Sadly, it's going to suck just using Squall's Renzokuken with the weakest LB. I shall use my GF's as shields, not fighting tools. At least Ultima Weapon uses most of the time, light pillar, which doesn't harm your whole party.

Blog Entries

WOW... looks like I'm playing way to slow. I'm a little later than at the middle of disk 2. Who was the tougthest boss so far?

Divinity, try to beat the game or atleast Ultimecia exactly this way. Not only without junctioning. The Ultimecia battle will be even scarier that way.

Oh... and in the Omega battle... this way the battle will actually be very hard since I your HP won't be 9999 + lack of hero Items. I guess you'll have to use GFs to block Megido Flame.

I'm on Disc 3 though!
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    WOW... looks like I'm playing way to slow. I'm a little later than at the middle of disk 2. Who was the tougthest boss so far?

Divinity, try to beat the game or atleast Ultimecia exactly this way. Not only without junctioning. The Ultimecia battle will be even scarier that way.

Oh... and in the Omega battle... this way the battle will actually be very hard since I your HP won't be 9999 + lack of hero Items. I guess you'll have to use GFs to block Megido Flame.
    Well, at least there will be a way to block the attack. I had none in mind, yet I was still using Gf's as shields. As for the toughest boss, I would have to say Edea. That Maelstorm attack she does is horribly screws up my party, and it's annoying with Seifer in the way. I didn't know it could be so tough.

I almost beat Ultima today. I was so dang close! I cast Aura on Squall, as he was giving Ultima Weapon a great taste of power, and Rinoa and Squall were alive. But, sadly, light Pillar hit Squall instead of Rinoa, and Rinoa was at really low life. It was taking me a really long time to find an Elixer, and by that time, Ultima Weapon had wiped me out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Griever
    Well, at least there will be a way to block the attack. I had none in mind, yet I was still using Gf's as shields. As for the toughest boss, I would have to say Edea. That Maelstorm attack she does is horribly screws up my party, and it's annoying with Seifer in the way. I didn't know it could be so tough.

I almost beat Ultima today. I was so dang close! I cast Aura on Squall, as he was giving Ultima Weapon a great taste of power, and Rinoa and Squall were alive. But, sadly, light Pillar hit Squall instead of Rinoa, and Rinoa was at really low life. It was taking me a really long time to find an Elixer, and by that time, Ultima Weapon had wiped me out.
    How many tries so far? I guess it's a pain in the ass to not being able to have Siren and her reveal ability and therefore have to go trough the whole Deep Sea to reach him each time you lose instead of just save before him. :rolleyes2 And one more thing about Omega... to not waste all your GFs I think you should cast double on one of your characters and only block with that one. Then you cast double full life on the 2 dead characters. If your GFs are all dead, then you have no way to block and survive the next Megido Flame.

Contributions

It took me somewhere along the five tries. Although, I'm getting closer and closer to defeating him. And please do not even mention getting past the Red Dragons, beating Bahamut, and getting to Ultima Weapon. I tried that before I got Tonberry's Level Down skill.... and it was nothing but hell.