Thread: Calm Lands (possible spoilers)

Default Calm Lands (possible spoilers)

On my second time around the game, I decided to get everything, and it's giving me grief to no end. In Baaj Temple (I think), or on the lightning plains, I found a riddle that goes "There is a valley in a vast plain, blah blah blah blah check the giant thorn next to the vale." I went to the calm lands, and found a whirly thing on the ground that reads "The password is GODHAND" (yes, I knew about that password already, though not where it was located) and a thorn saying something about taking 49 steps forward and 7 to the right, and this sent me on a wild goose chase from thorn to whirly thing to thorn to... the middle of nowhere.

After my latest instructions to take 20 steps forward and 20 to the right, I am now standing in the middle of the calm lands, all alone. I can almost hear the programmers laughing at me, saying "Gawd, did somebody actually follow through on those ridiculous instructions? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

So, my question is, where am I supposed to end up? Did I take a wrong turn somewhere? Should I give up and just go beat the game already? I'm very frustrated, can you tell? I'll stop rambling now.

Actually, you got lucky. You are suppose to end up where you started. You are suppose to start that thing at a thorn that is north-center-ish of the Calm Lands, and end up just a little northwest of the starting point. But since you started there, you are already done. That maze is just suppose to lead you to the thorn that says "The password is GODHAND," so in this case you finished when you started. Good job.

Oh, cool, thank you!

On a side note, this time around I've found all 3 passwords on my own, and it has become completely clear why people just tell each other what they are instead of giving directions on how to find them. It's ridiculous.

Thanks again, SeedRankLou!