Thread: Explanation About Possession Between Ultimecia and Edea

Default Explanation About Possession Between Ultimecia and Edea

I created this thread to show everyone the simple fact that Edea was never a villain, and that you "see" Ultimecia(moving,talking,etc) during many times in the story. I'm doing this because is really annoying when people say for example, that Edea have better personality than her, when the truth is that, what people watched during the first half of the game, was Ultimecia's personality not Edea!

During the first half of the game, we can compare Edea with a clothe that Ultimecia was using. Ultimecia's mind/soul was litteraly inside Edea's body controlling it, and the body was just a shell. Ultimecia was using Edea's body to fight, move, talk, etc. and the true Edea(her consciousnes) was probably just "sleeping" during that time.
    This is proved in space, when Squall's mind go to the past. He saw Edea's body collapsed in the ground, and then he saw Ultimecia's soul/mind(in the form of her true body, but transparent). She looked at him and said something like "You don't belong to this time. Get out!" AND after this, her soul/mind litteraly entered Rinoa's body, possesing it. This is a prove that Ulti was litteraly inside of Edea, controlling the body.

Another prove that she was inside of Edea's body, is what she said in her speech, in Galbadia:
    "What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies?
    The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations?"
    Edea was a matron in an orphanage. She never destroyed nations. Who was talking was Ultimecia, never Edea.

Ultimecia said the speech in Galbadia, Ultimecia threw a giant ice spear against Squall, Ultimecia fought against your party in the garden, etc.
    When you say "i liked Edea's personality", you are saying "i liked Ultimecia's personality" because during that time, they are the same person. Is almost like if Ultimecia shapeshifted her body in Edea's form.

I hope that people understand this, and stop with this BS about Edea being a better villain than her, because Edea was never one. And about Edea's personality, we only saw it in the begin of disc 3. If you like it more than Ultimecia's personality, this is your choice.
    Last edited by The Crystal; 02-13-2007 at 10:46 PM.

Well done you! this thread should be pinned and locked for eternity!
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

I feel compelled to say: duh!
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural."

--Chancellor Palpatine

Final Fantasy VIII: The Lionheart. Book one of my novelization.

"Being a hero is not what will save you, Squall Leonhart. You are searching for the wrong treasure."

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

Ummm, yeah. And playing the game would tell you that too.

But accordingto some people, they know betterthen the game on what's going on.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    But according to some people, they know better then the game on what's going on.
    According to MANY people!! ShivaBlizzard8 and Darth Anarcus, you two would be surprised by how many people in the internet still don't understand this. MANY people have the wrong idea that Edea became evil because of Ultimecia(like Golbez became evil because of Zemus).

There are a lot of idiots on the Internet, apparently.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural."

--Chancellor Palpatine

Final Fantasy VIII: The Lionheart. Book one of my novelization.

"Being a hero is not what will save you, Squall Leonhart. You are searching for the wrong treasure."

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal
    Ultimecia said the speech in Galbadia, Ultimecia threw a giant ice spear against Squall, Ultimecia fought against your party in the garden, etc.
    Actually no. Edea said and did all of those things. Ultimecia made her do them.

Or when they say they prefer Edea the may mean the actuall Edea, unless they say as a villian. And coming from a guy who hates the game, even I know thats crap. It was Edea, but it was Ultimetica's personality they liked.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal
    Actually no. Edea said and did all of those things. Ultimecia made her do them.
    Yes because it was all Ultimecia's conscience and doing not Edea's, she was unconscience and I'm not sure if unaware because I haven't played in a while since my disc is scratched up.

Yellow Winged Angel

No, that is true

Actually yes. Edea's body said and did all of those things. Ultimecia made Edea's body do them, because Ulti was inside of it, controlling it(like was proved in the scene in space, where Ulti literaly entered Rinoa's body).
    Fixed.

Is very simple, really. Is like the movies where a demon's soul/mind possess the body of a person, and begin to talk and move using the person's body.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    Actually yes. Edea's body said and did all of those things. Ultimecia made Edea's body do them, because Ulti was inside of it, controlling it(like was proved in the scene in space, where Ulti literaly entered Rinoa's body).
    Fixed.

Is very simple, really. Is like the movies where a demon's soul/mind possess the body of a person, and begin to talk and move using the person's body.
    Exactly

Yellow Winged Angel

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    Actually no. Edea's body said and did all of those things. Ultimecia made her do them.
    OMG you are totally right!!!
    What was the point of making my post longer to try and prove your own point? Do it on your own posts. I'll return my post to it's former glory. And I'll fix yours instead.