Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just fired up VIII again, some tips to keep in mind?

Default Just fired up VIII again, some tips to keep in mind?

Just any major tips you guys can think of im all for

Just a question though, i cant remember why this isnt showing up...but like Quezacotl has the skill SumMag+10% as complete, yet with his GF equipped its not showing up as a skill to select...what am i forgetting here?
    -=-Setharion-=-
    If you love RPGs check out this link:http://www.konamistars.com/konamistars/?u=setharion

just download a walk-through if u get stuck

Blog Entries

SumMag+10% doesnt need to be equipped. It automatically increases your summon magic. I think...

[evaile=B.mage]-[/evaile]
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Wow, I haven't posted here in a while, but this should make rubah happy.

Firstly, don't forget to get your starter deck of cards. I cannot stress this enough. Not only is the card game the best sidequest of the game, it's probably the second best sidequest of any of the installments (Behind FFIX's Chocobo Hot/Cold) Play cards. A lot. I would suggest that you send the Queen of Cards from Balamb to Dollet while you're there by losing Minimog (I think) and then resending her to Balamb using the Sacred card. By doing so, when you finally reacg Deling City, you can talk to the guy dressed in black, and you'll be able to get the Kiros card (Which can be modded so that you can get 3 Auto-Hastes).

Next, always make Boost your first GF ability learned. It helps sooooooooo much, especially if you're a GF user.

Also, I suggest never using Triple magic. Cerberus can be used for that later. More importantly, it's my personal favorite Atk Junction magic, and can be obtained fairly early, and fairly easily.

Other than that, don't forget to draw GFs, Junction properly, and have fun.

The Best thing to remmeber when playing this game is that it sucks, and you shouldn't waste any more time making your brain suffer through it again.

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker View Post
    The Best thing to remmeber when playing this game is that it sucks, and you shouldn't waste any more time making your brain suffer through it again.
    how does it suck? i hate it when people say stuff like that. Its a great game with many reasons to play.
    Id like to see you do better

anyway my tip is dont waste time leveling up in this one

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Setharion View Post
    Just any major tips you guys can think of im all for

Just a question though, i cant remember why this isnt showing up...but like Quezacotl has the skill SumMag+10% as complete, yet with his GF equipped its not showing up as a skill to select...what am i forgetting here?
    It's automatically added to Quezacoatl's summon magic. You can't equip it. You can't equip the Summon HP +%s either, they're applied automatically to the GF that's learned them.

Doomie, why am I attacking?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud21zidane16 View Post
    how does it suck? i hate it when people say stuff like that. Its a great game with many reasons to play.

Forced Plot, crappy Characters, Far to easily abusable, and again, a horribly forced plot. Can't stress that enough.

And what to you mean, I'd like to see you do better?

basically, play cards, and don't level up much, but do fight to get AP for your GF.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Yea level scaling was what i didnt like the first time i went through this game.

And i think from what i remember that i enjoyed the story, the music etc...i think its just as viable as any other FF to be honest, but im just doing this to refresh my memory and see if i can find a better appreciation for the game.

Do you guys have any particular guides you like to use? I use IGN but sometimes their guides are just not well written, anyone have any suggested ones?
    -=-Setharion-=-
    If you love RPGs check out this link:http://www.konamistars.com/konamistars/?u=setharion

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Yeah seriously, cards are the way to go. Just keep a low level, always making sure you have bonuses junctioned to up your stats.

Str8 Pimpin'

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Keep levels low.
    1 tent = 10 Curaga, use your first cash on that.
    Learn stat-junction abilities first, then refinement abilities, along with card mod.
    Refine cards into items
    Refine items into magic

Cards to be on the lookout for:
    Gayla: Mysterious fluid > Meltdown, and Quistis' Acid
    Mesmerize: Mesmerize blade > Regen
    Bahamut: 10 refines into 1 Barrier, used for Quistis' Big Guard
    Abyss Worm: 1 Windmill > 20 Tornado
    Blitz: Dynamo Stone > a few Thundagas
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud21zidane16 View Post

Forced Plot, crappy Characters, Far to easily abusable, and again, a horribly forced plot. Can't stress that enough.

And what to you mean, I'd like to see you do better?
    The forced plot makes it interesting!! if you don't know whats happening about SeeD and all that then you won't understand it!! and yes the characters may SEEM crappy but it just they're not as gud as others in other FF's and one good tip about FF8 get your GF's to learn the important stuff first!! like 'boost' (that helps) and abiltlys like 'card' (Ques.)if ur planning to play the card games

What can the cards get me, top of the line items?
    -=-Setharion-=-

Quote Originally Posted by loza View Post
    The forced plot makes it interesting!! if you don't know whats happening about SeeD and all that then you won't understand it!! and yes the characters may SEEM crappy but it just they're not as gud as others in other FF's and one good tip about FF8 get your GF's to learn the important stuff first!! like 'boost' (that helps) and abiltlys like 'card' (Ques.)if ur planning to play the card games
    Oh, I know what was happening with seed. Didn't help make it better.

And not only do the characters seem crappy compared to other FF's, but also to Xenosaga's, Bof, WA, DW, Mega man, Super MArio RPG, Lufia 1 and 2, Lunar, Zelda Characters, Chrono Trigger and Cross, Shadow HEarts, or characters from any Nippon Ichi game for that matter.

Though yes, REfine for a lot of spells to junction and focus on abilities to junction spells to stats. Fight the monsters with the highest AP output for the lowest XP output to maximise your battle prowess. Which monsters these are I don't know.