Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11212526272829303132333435363741 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF's Top Artist

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Quote Originally Posted by ValkyrieWing View Post
    Mum is judging mine?

I am SO dead...:P
    You have immunity, remember? :)

Oh, yeah, plus the fact that people were already erased for this challenge. I forgot to mention that. So no one will be erased this challenge.

Tan thank you for the great time.

Sorry I had to drop out.

GOOD LUCK TO THE REMAINING!!!!

so how many people are actually still in the competition?

Oh btw- sorry to 41-inches that it took me so long to get you the ms paint peice- arg- I did it, I just forgot to send it to you and now I feel like a jerk 'cause you did all that work and now you have to change it...... but yeah... oh and Tan- grade me down, not 41 inches. the original design she did was brilliant- it was my fault if it's late. It wont happen again- I promise
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

Everyone's looks so amazing, and I think the judges are going to have a much more difficult time this time around.
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

If she was shorter and wore glasses adn was skinnier she would look like my 1st and only crush that Ive ever had. Beautifull drawing by the way.
    Last edited by lovehurts; 09-10-2006 at 09:30 AM.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, wow, ValkyrieWing.

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    so how many people are actually still in the competition?

Oh btw- sorry to 41-inches that it took me so long to get you the ms paint peice- arg- I did it, I just forgot to send it to you and now I feel like a jerk 'cause you did all that work and now you have to change it...... but yeah... oh and Tan- grade me down, not 41 inches. the original design she did was brilliant- it was my fault if it's late. It wont happen again- I promise :D
    There are 7 left now.

And as an announcement:

If you are going to guest judge please do it soon. Remember, it's 0.5 extra points for your overall score. If you decide not to do it, you lose 0.5 points. If you have decided that you do not feel like guest judging, please tell me. For a list of who is guest judging who and the criteria for guest judging, go to art showcase page (the page where I posted the pieces).

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Mind if I post I post it tommorow, at around 10:00AM?

Little tired as of right now, but very willing. Either way, I'll write a detailed report on Mum by 10:00AM tommorow.

G'night

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    Mind if I post I post it tommorow, at around 10:00AM?

Little tired as of right now, but very willing. Either way, I'll write a detailed report on Mum by 10:00AM tommorow.

G'night
    That's fine, Nominus.

I forgot to mention:
    When you write the review, be sure to include a score. Rate it from 1-10, with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best. You don't need to write a long review or anything, but I do want a few comments on how you feel about the piece, how wearable it seems to be, how believable it is, etc.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

when do you want the result things in? o:

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Review for Mum
    Score: 8.5

Reasoning:
    The transition of the supplied pattern to that of a dress is quite feasible. The dress is simple, yet very fun, like that of a light summer dress. The only complaints that come to mind is that the pattern, particularily that of the lemon/lime lines adorning the dress, seem to unnaturally stand out from the rest of the colours on the dress. Could be a trick of the eye, nothing more, but all the same, the lines seem to be a little apart from the rest of the other colours as they stand out far more than I think they ought to of.

The background is simple and accented with a a darker blue and a touch of green, effectivey relaxing the eye with cool colours and subtley allowing the viewer to make his association with the importance and "sunny day" feeling the dress implies. Simple and yet very effective, which really reflects what the entire premise of this competition was. I like seeing that done in the background.

The hair is done very nicely, the hands and arms are held in a natural, realistic state, and the face and eyes are mostly proportional and anatomically correct (the jaw seemed a little broad for that of woman's). The shading was simple but very well executed.

My only complaints concerning the actual model is that of her lips. To be perfectly honest, they look like something of a smear of natural lip colour. The colour is perfect, but the shape is something to be desired, and leaves me feeling a little... That one small, seemingly minute detail in all reality is a prominent feature, whther thats good or bad.

So really, Mum, as always, wonderful job, and I always enjoy looking at your work. The only things I have to complain about are a few small details that I imagine if you had more time, you would clean up. Just some minor flaws keep me from giving you a higher score.

Hope that was satisfactory.

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

Clone#01:

Originality- I can appreciate the simplicity of your pattern...it almost reminds me of falling leaves. But, it is almost TOO simple. It's maybe even a little boring.

Artistic Value- It's a very graceful pattern, in truth, the flow of line is very nice. I wish that a different color pallet had been chosen, even to replacing the black with wine red or something. Black and white, while artistic, dosen't end up giving a lot of energy to a piece. And what's with the white frame?

Pattern Versatility- VERY easily converted to an outfit. You could do it almost thoughtlessly, and that's my issue. There's almost NO challenge here, unfotunately. It's a little bit too easy, I think.

SCORE: 6.5

A nice pattern, but too simple. That's the only downfall.

Oh, dear...I hope I wasn't too harsh on you, Clone... ^_^;;
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

Some of these arent patterns they are more so abstract designs.
    Last edited by lovehurts; 09-10-2006 at 07:35 PM.

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    when do you want the result things in? o:

You don't need to be a guest judge, Zeldy. I changed it so you and lovehurts didn't have to be one. If you want to guest judge, you could guest judge all the pieces, I suppose.

i just have to say that i only did it so simply is becoz thats what was said in the rules and the examples givin,it said to give a simple abstract design so thats what i did.if i'd of known it was supposed to be more complicated i would have made it that.

EDIT:ill give my review soon.
    Last edited by Clone 01; 09-10-2006 at 10:25 PM.