*smacks Bert with the Great Pyramids* :rolleyes:

Blog Entries

But that's no fun when Rye already has a Pyramid

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If the Mayans and Egyptians can have pyramids, why can't there be Pyramids near Ryeville and Desierto?

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

I dunno..... maybe I will...

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto
    If the Mayans and Egyptians can have pyramids, why can't there be Pyramids near Ryeville and Desierto?

Yeah, since I'm doing an Mayan-ish pyramid. The little picture I made of it is attached.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Fro'Armar

The Fro'Armar is a spring that exists a little into the Stokern mountain range, in the United Realms of Vanian. Within the spring, is the purest water known to Eizon, according to legend, though no one has yet to taste, or return with some of the sacred water. The pool is little more than 15 metres in perimeter, and about 2 metres deep. The spring is within a slab of a mysterious amber-coloured stone (known as Perseph)_ with is as smooth as glass, yet as hard as iron; it glows, rather dimly. The Fro'Aramr is a turquoise in colour, and sparkles in the reflected light from the Perseph.

Attachment one: Basic diagram of the Fro'Armar, marking out the placement of the spring and the Perseph.

Attachment two: The region in which the Fro'Armar is hidden.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Haze Falls

Haze Falls are a set of three waterfalls, high up in the Shiny Mountains. The falls are all staged. The first set are 20ft, the next 30, and the other set is about 32. They are around 10 ft across. When the sun rises over the mountain, the sun hits the water, making it appear hazy, and unclear. This is how they get the name "Haze Falls"

They're marked on the general map of SSL, which I can't see the point of uploading twice, so yeah, look there

Geez, I leave for five days and have all this stuff to catch up on, plus majke up a Wonder of the World?

T'éex' Cavern

Set in the Koma mountain range, the T'éex' Cavern was just recently discovered. While it starts as a small tunnel, it soon opens up into a truely massive cavern, with bridges and pathways of ice. The tempurature is a constant -65 degrees F, so it is not known how long it has existed. There appear to be no permenent signs of intelligent life, though there are several creatures that call the place home during the sudden blizzard that spring up in the mountains. The icicles, both hanging and sprouting from the ground, as well as the gleam of the ice and the reflection of light cause a surreal experience. Not many people can make it up there, but those who do claim it is supernatural.

Click attachment for location. I might try and do a drawing, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it's the Sky Blue square.
    Last edited by Rase; 08-20-2004 at 04:25 PM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Atakia, City of the Damned
    Based on the Isle of Loki, Atakia is the ancient home of the mighty warriors that inhabit this island. However it was also here they made their final stand against the onslaught of the Nautician army whose warriors burnt the city to the ground in retaliation for Loki’s major militaristic occupation of their homeland and the years of war they had brought upon them. Few were spared in the 10 day battle where wave after wave of warriors fought for revenge for what the other side had done.

Now all that left is a burnt out ruin that all are forbidden from entering as the proud warriors of Loki are wanting to forget that day, the day they lost the war.

An External view of the destroyed city

A view of the inside and the old Warlords house

Xiduos
    Xiduos, or last stand is the final resting place of many of Nauticus’ bravest soldiers and is the most prominent battleground of the nation. It is here many hundreds of years ago the people of Kanterious were once imprisoned in their own city by a siege of the Loki’s Black Army which lasted nearly 4 years. However the siege was finally broken as the people of Kanterious donned armour and fought their way out, many losing their lives. This event was also what turned the great Atlantican Civil war in favour of the Nauticans.

A view of the ancient battle ground outside the city of Kanterious

Kanterious, The shining city
    History is written by the victors, only the strong survive. The city of Kanterious is now breathed in mystery as most of its most ancient history and military campaigns have been lost to folk law and legends. Yet still it is a bustling centre of commerce even through its ruined walls as traders far and wide use the steady ground to set up camp on their long trips around the island.

A ruined wall looking out towards the battleground of Xiduos

A view of a ruined street that leads to the ancient port

Temple of Chidusim
    Surrounded by water and built in the ancient Chinese/Japanese styling the temple of Chidusim is the center of all religious believe in the nation and was heavily fought over in times of war as it was thought the person who owned the temple owned the people. However the temple pictured is not the original temple. The original temple was burned down by the people of the Isle of Loki to stop Nauticus regaining control over it. This however is told in local folklore the reason that Loki lost the war.

A view of the temple

Opal
    The ancient city of Hermes, and its only real outpost of civilisation. This island was unaffected by the war in real terms with only one invasion attempt by another nation, however the city now lies in ruins but not because of any manmade reason, the city was in fact subject to a massive natural disaster, an asteroid impact which has effected the climate of the surrounding area into a desert. People still live in the area but as wondering nomads.

A picture of the crater left on the landscape where Opal was

Wreck of the Holy Rose
    The remains of the only ever invasion attempt of the Isle of Hermes lies deep on the ocean floor. Many clerics were on board this fleet at this time, and this was the downfall of Loki as this was at the time they had burnt down their holy temple, so the clerics sabotaged the ships and sunk them in a revenge attack which lead to the people of Loki uprising at home. Much treasure and weapons were lost with the destruction of the fleet.

Old Amphoria, The Lost City
    The old city of Amphoria (Amphoria meaning lost city), was once Loki’s outpost and main military base of operations outside their own lands. Not much is known about this city as it was lost to the ocean by the tidal wave ensuing from the meteor impact at Opal but it is thought that the people of Old Amphoria were planning an uprising against their masters at the time of their destruction.
    Last edited by Baloki; 08-20-2004 at 12:33 PM.
    FOA

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whoa whoa whoa. That's way too many wonders for one region!!!

However, I didn't say anything about limits, so we'll see when the week's over.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I know but I wanted to give you a choice
    FOA

Oh my dear Doctor Recognized Member Wyllius's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pillars of Ceoris.

A series of around 100 identical square pillars, each roughly 30 feet high on an extensive stone plaza, there is a very strong background magical field held within the area of the pillars, and legend about the area states that a great magical citadel was constructed on top of these pillars and was infused with lost magics that protected the city with magial barriers, the legend further states that somehow the inhabitants of the Citadel delved too far into diabolistical studies in search of more power, and in a night of unknown rituals, the entire Citadel vanished, leaving only the pillars remain.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

On the side of Thundergod's Mountain, the face of Thor can clearly be seen, which has since become the peak's namesake. No one knows how it was formed, but it seems to be from erosion. However, the face has not eroded at all since the face became visible...

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All of your wonders are great, but there can be oh so much on the map that does have some importance to Eizon as a whole in one way or another. The following World Wonders have been chosen.

The Temple of the Breathing Spring - Ancient World Wonder
    The Valokoto Labyrinth - Ancient World Wonder
    The Great Rye Pyramid - Ancient World Wonder
    Dragon Cave - Natural World Wonder
    The Temple of Worth - Ancient World Wonder
    The Deserted Temple of Aoife - Ancient World Wonder
    The Gekozen Mensen - Ancient World Wonder
    T'éex' Cavern - Natural World Wonder
    Atakia - Ancient World Wonder
    Temple of Chidusim - Ancient World Wonder
    Pillars of Ceoris - Ancient World Wonder

Nine World Wonders of Ancient Eizon, and two Natural World Wonders.

Nait should update the world map with the world wonders noted any time soon.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Oh well, I guess I'll have to invade Rye to get the pyramid