Thread: Timeline?

Default Timeline?

I'm trying to work on a basic timeline for FFX and I was hoping some people here could help fill any gaps, or corrections.

Game-1000 years, Machina War between Zanarkands Summoners and Bevelles Machina. Battle on Calm Lands between the two, and Sin is created shortly after by Yu Yevon and the people of Zanarkand.

Bevelle creates the Yevon church, machina is outlawed, Al Bhed exiled and pilgrimage invented, with all fayth except Animas fayth, and Yojimbos fayth is in its original location.

Yunalesca defeats sin, but eventually sin is reborn after an unknown number of years.

Game-800 years, Lord Mi'ihen created the Crimson Blades and the various training facilities, and they were eventually renamed the Crusaders when they were accepted by Yevon.

Game-400 years, Gandof defeated Sin, creating the Scar on the Calm Lands.

Game-50 years, Mika Becomes a maester

Game-20(ish) years, Jyscal converts the Guado to Yevon. Later, Anima's fayth is made for seymour.

Game-10 years, Jecht is brought to spira, Braska's pilgrimage, sin is defeated for the fifth(?) time

Game year, Events of the game

Game+0.5(ish) years, Trema, after founding various sphere hunter groups, helps to found New Yevon

Game+1.5 years, Disgruntled at New Yevons policies, Nooj founds the Youth League. Trema disappears.

game+2 years, Events of X-2

very non-specific points
    Within Cids lifetime, The Al Bhed original home was destroyed by Sin, and he brought them together again on Bikanel

They're what I can remember, I was hoping that someone could help me refine any of the above points, think of any more, and identify when the below points occur.

When did Lady Yucon's and Lord Ohalland's pilgrimages take place?
    When did Bilgen build the Lightning conductors on the thunder plains?
    When did the Newroad replace the Oldroad?
    When was Yojimbo's Fayth stolen?

Thanks

EDIT: Never Mind, I've just found a site with all this stuff on
    Last edited by Little Blue; 01-16-2006 at 10:23 PM.

I would like to see this when it's finished

sure, this is what I've found anyway:
    Quote Originally Posted by pmog, GameFaqs FFX mesage board
    As promised, this is the official Spiran timeline taken from the FFX OUG published by DigiCube/Square-Enix. Translation is entirely my own effort. To Japanese-enabled people, please feel free to help me improve by correcting any errors/pointing out any nuances I missed.

A REAL STORY OF SPIRA

Events taking place in Dream Zanarkand are marked with a '*'.

Approximately 3000 years ago

- The development of the magic civilisation.
    - The invention of machina.
    - The use of machina spreads throughout Spira.
    - The appearance of machina which surpasses magic.
    - The machina civilisations reach their peak.

Approximately 1000 years ago

- Zanarkand, mainly using summoning as a method of combat, fights with the machina-armed Bevelle. (Outbreak of the Machina War.)
    (Both countries are machina civilisations, but Bevelle, which mainly uses machina weapons, are dominant from the beginning. Zanarkand inevitably falls.)
    - Summoner Yevon, ruler of Zanarkand, turns the surviving citizens of Zanarkand into fayth. (The fayth statues are created at Mt Gagazet.)
    - Using the power of these fayth, Yevon summons Dream Zanarkand - the memory of Zanarkand. He himself becomes Yu Yevon, and creates the first Sin. (The birth of Sin.)
    (The first Sin is the only one that doesn't use an aeon as its core.)
    * The birth of Dream Zanarkand.
    - Starting with the abandoned city of Zanarkand and Bevelle, Sin destroys the machina civilisations.
    (The citizens of Bevelle at that time think that what Yevon has summoned from the Zanarkand fayth is Sin, and that Sin going around destroying everything is a sign of Yevon's violent anger.)
    - Yunalesca, a summoner from Zanarkand, turns her husband Zaon into a fayth and destroys Sin with the Final Summoning. She remains on Spira as an Unsent.
    (Yunalesca and Zaon are the only ones to escape during the fall of Zanarkand. She uses the Final Summoning with the knowledge that it will not fundamentally solve anything.)
    - The survivors start work on the reconstruction of Spira, focusing on Bevelle.
    - The second Sin appears publicly with Yunalesca's Final Aeon (Zaon) as its core. It destroys the remaining machina civilisations.
    (Because Sin attacks machina civilisations, there is a widening trend of people abandoning machina.)
    - The Yevon Temple is established in Bevelle. By propagating teachings - paying homage to Yevon and Yunalesca and preaching of machina prohibition - which are absorbed throughout the world, and seizing public sentiment, the Temples take complete psychological control of Spira.
    - The Yevon Temple adds the concept that Sin is a punishment for people's sins into its doctrine. At the same time, it spreads the story that the Calm will arrive with the use of the Final Summoning.
    (People who express discontent that Sin will not disappear even if they believe in the teachings are dealt with harshly by the Temples. The Temples shift the root of why Sin will not disappear onto the people of Spira, and moreover, try to bring about stability to the public by leaving them with the hope that once they atone for their sins, Sin will also go away. The Temples also spread stories of the Final Summoning and the Calm in order to sustain the people's hope.

Approximately 800 years ago

- Mi'ihen founds the Crimson Blades (later known as the Crusaders). He heads to Bevelle in order to defend the true intentions for its establishment to the Yevon Temples.
    - Mi'ihen founds the Crusaders' Monster Arena in the Calm Lands.

Approximately 700 years ago

- The Yevon priest Omega is executed by the Temples for the sin of treason.

Approximately 500 years ago

- Mi'ihen Highroad (the old road) is destroyed by Sin and a new road is built.

(Continued in next post.)
    From: pmog | Posted: 6/10/2005 7:51:28 AM | Message Detail
    (Continued from last post.)

Approximately 400 years ago

- Summoner Gandof defeats Sin with his Final Summoning and becomes the first high summoner in history.
    (This gives credence to Yevon's teachings, and doubts about the Temples subside.)
    GANDOF'S CALM
    - The third Sin appears publicly, with Gandof's Final Aeon as its core.

Approximately 230 years ago

- Summoner Ohalland, a former blitzball player, defeats Sin with his Final Summoning and becomes a high summoner.
    OHALLAND'S CALM
    - The fourth Sin appears publicly, with Ohalland's Final Aeon as its core.

Approximately 100 years ago

- Summoner Yocun, a former Crusader, defeats Sin with her Final Summoning and becomes a high summoner.
    YOCUN'S CALM
    - The fifth Sin appears publicly, with Yocun's Final Aeon as its core.

50 years ago

- Yo Mika become Grand Maester of Yevon.

35 years ago

- Auron is born.

28 years ago

- Seymour Guado is born to Jyscal Guado and a human woman.

Approximately 25 years ago

- Jyscal becomes leader of the Guado and spreads Yevon's teachings to the tribe.
    - Kimahri Ronso is born.

23 years ago

- Wakka is born.
    - The Besaid Aurochs lose in the first round of the blitzball tournament at Luca. This starts a 23 year losing streak.

22 years ago

- Lulu is born.

Approximately 20 years ago

- Internal discord intensifies within the Guado tribe. Jyscal prevents disunity in the Guado by banishing his wife and child to Baaj.

18 years ago

- Wakka begins playing blitzball.
    - Aware of her impending death, Seymour's mother travels to the Zanarkand Ruins along with her son and becomes the fayth for Seymour's Final Aeon, Anima. Seymour refuses to accept his mother's power and returns to Baaj.
    (Seymour's mother knows of the mechanics of the Final Summoning through Jyscal. It is thought that the Guado possess their own records, which tell of the sealed histories in fragments. Furthermore, it appears that Jyscal is aware of Seymour and his mother going to the Zanarkand Ruins, and privately supports it.)
    - A priest from Bevelle named Braska elopes with the younger sister of Cid of the Al Bhed tribe.
    (Braska becomes close to Cid's sister while visiting the Al Bhed Home to make contact with the Al Bhed. After their marriage, Braska's career prospects are completely derailed for wedding a Yevon opposer. Likewise, Cid severs all ties with his sister.)

17 years ago

* Tidus is born to Jecht and his wife.
    - Yuna is born to Braska and Cid's sister.

13 years ago

- While heading to the Al Bhed Home by ship, Yuna's mother is killed by Sin. Braska makes a firm decision to become a summoner.

10 years ago

- Wakka joins the Besaid Aurochs.
    * While out training for blitzball at sea, Jecht touches the fifth Sin, and is transported to Spira.
    - The warrior monk Auron becomes the guardian of Summoner Braska. Braska also makes Jecht, who is imprisoned in Bevelle, his newest guardian, and the three leave on a pilgrimage to obtain the Final Summoning.
    - Summoner Braska defeats Sin using Jecht as the fayth for his Final Summoning, and becomes a high summoner.
    BRASKA'S CALM
    - Auron challenges Yunalesca by himself, and is mortally wounded.
    - Kimahri's horn is broken by Biran and he leaves Gagazet, unable to bear the shame.
    - A dying Auron entrusts Yuna to Kimahri on the outskirts of Bevelle and then passes away. He becomes an Unsent.
    - With the arrival of the Calm, the Guado's internal discord subsides. Following that trend, Seymour's exile is revoked. He returns to Guadosalam and assists his father as a priest.
    - Kimahri brings Yuna to Besaid Village.
    - Auron rides Jecht's Sin to Dream Zanarkand and begins to watch over Tidus.

(Continued in next post.)
    From: pmog | Posted: 6/10/2005 7:52:25 AM | Message Detail
    (Continued from last post.)

9 years ago

- Jyscal, leader of the Guado, and Kelk, leader of the Ronso, become maesters of Yevon.
    (As part of Mika's Sub-Races Appeasement Policy.)
    * Tidus' mother dies from a broken heart over Jecht's death.
    - The sixth Sin appears publicly, with Braska's Final Aeon (Jecht) as its core.

3 years ago

- Wen Kinoc becomes a maester of Yevon.
    - Seymour assumes the post of high priest of Macalania Temple at Mika's nomination. He secretly travels to the Zanarkand Ruins to acquire Anima. He then transports its statue to Baaj and seals it up.
    (Seymour revisits Baaj many times. It is around this time that he makes a firm decision to carry out his 'plans'.)

2 years ago

- Yuna begins training as an apprentice summoner.
    - Lulu serves as a guardian to Summoner Ginnem, who dies on her pilgrimage. Lulu returns to Besaid.

1 year ago

- Lulu becomes a guardian for Summoner Zuke. Wakka also promises to become Zuke's guardian after the blitzball tournament.
    - The Crusaders press ahead with the Djose Shore Defense Operation. Chappu is killed taking part in the battle as a Crusader.
    - Lulu and Wakka leave on a pilgrimage as Zuke's guardians.
    - (6 months ago) Zuke quits his pilgrimage in the Calm Lands. Lulu and Wakka return to Besaid.
    - (Right before game begins) Jyscal dies. His son Seymour assumes leadership of the Guado as well as the position of maester of Yevon.

START OF THE GAME

SUPPLEMENTARY TIMELINE

Information contained in the characters' respective profiles iin the FFX UOG, yet not included in the official timeline (excluding events taking place during the game).

17 years ago

- Lulu's parents are killed by Sin.

15 years ago

- Rikku is born to Cid and his wife.

Unspecified time

- Rikku's mother is killed by a rampaging machina.

10 years ago

- (Before becoming Braska's guardian) Auron refuses marriage proposal offered by a senior official, and is denied a path to a successful career.
    - (After rescuing Jecht with Braska, and before leaving on the pilgrimage) Auron says his farewells to Kinoc.
    - (During the pilgrimage) Auron promises Braska to bring Yuna to Besaid.
    - (Right before Jecht becomes the fayth for Braska's Final Summoning) Auron promises Jecht to look after Tidus.
    - (After challenging Yunalesca and before arriving at Bevelle) Auron is taken care of by Rin at the Calm Lands Travel Agency, but disappears before daybreak.

1-2 years ago

- Kimahri becomes Yuna's guardian.

1 year ago

* Tidus debuts as a player for the Zanarkand Abes
    - (6 months ago or less) Lulu and Wakka become Yuna's guardians.

MISCELLANEOUS: AGES OF BOTH MAJOR AND MINOR CHARACTERS

Taken from both the FFX SUG and the FFX-2 UG (working backwards).

Pacce - 10
    Calli - 11
    Rikku - 15
    Gatta, Tidus, Yuna - 17
    Botta, Brother, Datto - 18
    Clasko, Elma, Jassu, Shelinda - 19
    Chappu (at time of death) - late teens
    Keepa - 20
    Letty - 21
    Lulu, Maroda, Wantz - 22
    Luzzu, Wakka - 23
    Barthello, Dona - 24
    Kimahri Ronso, Lucil - 25
    Isaaru - 26
    Seymour Guado - 28
    Biran Ronso, Yenke Ronso, Yunalesca (at time of death) - late 20's
    O'aka XXIII - 30
    Jecht (at time of becoming a fayth), Wen Kinoc - mid 30's
    Auron (25 at time of death), Braska (at time of death), Rin - 35
    Cid - 37
    Zuke - late 30's
    Jyscal Guado, Kelk Ronso - 50's
    Tromell Guado - 54
    Yo Mika (unspecified when he became an Unsent) - 99
    Belgemine, Maechen - ?
    It's all been translated from the Ultmania guides apparently,

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

nifty, how official are those sources though. The one I found is a more or less direct translation of the Ultimania guide for X...

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Aurons Ghost
    nifty, how official are those sources though. The one I found is a more or less direct translation of the Ultimania guide for X...
    Same for the other 2: translations of Ultimania

the ffcompendium timeline I'm a bit doubtful of as it's got details that I was told, repeatedly, that the ultimania doesnt have, such as when Sin destroyed the first Al Bhed home island...

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Aurons Ghost
    the ffcompendium timeline I'm a bit doubtful of as it's got details that I was told, repeatedly, that the ultimania doesnt have, such as when Sin destroyed the first Al Bhed home island...
    Well we do know it was destroyed. Rikku said so in FFX. When is a matter of debate then

BTW, inspired by our BC and AD calendar notations in my fiction I count the years as BG (Before the FFX game) and AG (after the FFX game) i.e. FFX2 took place at Year 2 AG and the Bevelle Zarnarkand war took place in year 1,000 BG

(I wanted to count the years as BT and AT - Before and After Tidus )

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri
    Well we do know it was destroyed. Rikku said so in FFX. When is a matter of debate then
    Very true, all that we really know about this is that Cid rebuilt Home on Bikanel, but again, when is a matter of discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri
    (I wanted to count the years as BT and AT - Before and After Tidus )
    , I'm glad you chose not to do that, relative to the game is a much better way, until someone discovers what year it is in Spira...

Quote Originally Posted by Sora!
    I would like to see this when it's finished
    Me too.

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie