With The Omen having come to theatres to less than stellar reviews (from what I've noticed), a lot people have been discussing Hollywood's annoying habit of remaking films that didnt really need it.

So let's talk about the remakes. Ever see one you thing was really good? And how about the numerous ones that were really bad and should have been left untouched.

I've been trying to think of good ones, as they're few and far between. Here goes.
-Of Mice and Men. The one with Gary Sinese. I think it far outshines the earlier version. The older one didnt do much for me, the newer turned me into a sobbing miserable puddle at the end.
-Lolita. I really felt Kubrick did terribly with the original. So much was omitted from the book and the girl who played Lolita was far too old and really didnt fit the nymphette role. The newer version with Jeremy Irons, however, is a freaking masterpiece and a truly worth screen adaptation of a beautiful book. The music, method of filming, and acting blows the original out of the water.
-The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I dont think there was ever a 'movie' (as in a theatrical release), but there was the horridly cast BBC mini-series. The Walden media film tops the BBC mini-series in every concievable way.

So yeah. Share your favorite and least favorite remakes.