Thread: Why do u hate this so?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why do u hate this so?

Alrighty, i've been going through various forums that give ffx alot of beef. they say it's too linear. some say it's too easy, too short, the gameplay sux, etc. some say it doesn't contend with the older "classics". Am i the only person who luvs this game?

i luvd the sphere grid over the old leveling up system. i thought finding ALL the al bhed primers was cleary genious. Graphics are second to none, and the overall aesthetic is truly B.E.A.utiful (small bruce almighty reference). and the plot is, in my opinion second to none because it explains EVERYTHING that makes the world tick, down to the very pyreflies. if you replay the game, you understand how classic and what a masterpiece it is plot-wise.i canhonestly say i was emotionally drawn to each of the characters down to the very end, and wanted to grap a tissue and cry when the ending began to play. for me, ffvii went too overboard, ffvi said things without at times explaining, and ffix threw things in to make it "a return to the old ff's".

Yes it has flaws. i agree. It's a little too linear. i would like a world map. but at the same time, there are numerous times in past ff games where i just don't know where the heck to go. the gameplay is easy, though don't you every say the bossez aren't extremely difficult and don't "match up" with the past bosses. i found the bosses from mt. gagazet and onward very difficult. and in no way is ffx the same cast that graced the ffvi or vii. but, none the less, it's a memorable cast. also, yes, tidus is a monkey butt. yes, there is no real villian. some say seymour, some say sin, some say yu yevon, heck, some say all three. but i don't really consider them evil villains because a)seymour wanted to truly "heal" spira, tho his decision making skills and the way he went about it are jacked up. b)sin is just armor made by yu yevon that's obeying it's programming to kill, and c)how can you blame yu yevon for wanting revenge 2wards bevelle after destroying zanarkand.

why do you play ff's?most would say because of the story and plot. and that's exactly what you got in ffx, along with revolutionizing the way people customize characters and making gameplay less troublessome and more strategical with the ctb. so don't go whining when you get your wish. plus, the piano scores of ffx rival most scores of the past ff's.

doesn't everybody want to see improvements and change in ff?well, thats wat you got. so tell me this. am i the only one who luvs this game and does think it contends with the past ff's, if not in all ways, most.

why do you hate this game so?
    Please post and im sorri if this was longer than it had 2B.
    Last edited by Lon611; 08-27-2004 at 08:15 PM. Reason: i made a uh oh