Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has it gotten COLDER?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    Well, if the glaciers in Iceland are melting, I would think not.
    Let's just hope it doesn't flood Sweden or anything on our latitudes.

The south would most likely be perfectly fine, I guess.
    Alot of places WILL end up being flooden. Im not sure if Sweden is one of them, but I know that where I live will be under water, maybe even Liverpool.
    Hm, then let's hope it won't happen within our life time.
    Then what about the next generation with our kids. Thats pretty scary, because when global warming does happen, it will be hell on Earth

Mirage: I was being sarcastic

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by LoveArya View Post
    I think that is whats puzzling alot of people. its kinda freaky, and the polar bears are threatened
    But I dont get why its warming in some places, and colder in another place.
    I think because of the temp wavering, its happened before, and this time its a little warmer than the last time, that the past temp. is having a small effect.
    Actually, isn't Iceland near one of the currents that send cold or warm waters around the Atlantic?

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    Let's just hope it doesn't flood Sweden or anything on our latitudes.

The south would most likely be perfectly fine, I guess.
    Alot of places WILL end up being flooden. Im not sure if Sweden is one of them, but I know that where I live will be under water, maybe even Liverpool.
    Hm, then let's hope it won't happen within our life time.
    Then what about the next generation with our kids. Thats pretty scary, because when global warming does happen, it will be hell on Earth

No matter how you look at it, one of our future generations WILL have to suffer it all one day.

We can only hope it won't happen for a long time, and that they'll find shelter as soon as possible.

Blog Entries

I feel like laughing my ass off at some people who were actually quite convinced global warming would happen any time soon. It still a serious debate, but it happens all the time, the temperture wavers.
    right on, the earths tempature changes all time, we just kinds made it change faster. and I'm glad I live in Vermont where, I doubt there would be any noticable change in water height.

I think that is whats puzzling alot of people. its kinda freaky, and the polar bears are threatened
    I think because of the temp wavering, its happened before, and this time its a little warmer than the last time, that the past temp. is having a small effect.
    Actually, isn't Iceland near one of the currents that send cold or warm waters around the Atlantic?
    Im not positive, im just saying what the news said. I am also saying about what i heard those climate people say too.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

But you still sound like global warming only has two states, on or off.

And yes, all of Northern Europe is considerably heated by the Gulf current. If not, it would be like in Siberia here.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Global warming is grossly exaggerated and I dislike discussing it with people.

"Jess, it's so hot outside! It's like, GLOBAL WARMING, or something!"
    "Global warming is overexaggerated. It's just an abnormally hot winter, plus El Nino. We had those before."
    "HOW CAN YOU NOT BELIEVE IN GLOBAL WARMING? THAT'S LIKE SAYING EVOLUTION DOESN'T EXIST."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

It is exaggerated, sure, but it is happening. All we humans are doing is accelerating a natural process.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It is exaggerated, sure, but it is happening. All we humans are doing is accelerating a natural process.
    i agree

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Global warming is grossly exaggerated and I dislike discussing it with people.

"Jess, it's so hot outside! It's like, GLOBAL WARMING, or something!"
    "Global warming is overexaggerated. It's just an abnormally hot winter, plus El Nino. We had those before."
    "HOW CAN YOU NOT BELIEVE IN GLOBAL WARMING? THAT'S LIKE SAYING EVOLUTION DOESN'T EXIST."
    They sound like they want Global Warming to happen.

"It's GLOBAL WARMING! So YAY!"
    "No, it's not, that's just an overexaggerated term for a change in temperature..."
    "NO, IT'S NOT! It's Global Warming, can't you tell?!"

I know it's so warm up in canada and the north pole that the glaciers are melting. usually glaciers pass by in newfoundland but scientists are claiming that they are decreasing in size too. But i doubt that theory where if the north pole melts northern continents will be flooded, only places on the coasts and places near large bodies of water would be flooded but not continents. I heard that by 2042 the north pole will be entirely melted but that's only by statistics. but i think this is global warming because up here it is very warm (which is unusual) and we have no snow and usually at this time of year i'm freezing my butt off to go to school and trudging through snow.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Ice needs to be on land if its melting is going to affect the ocean levels, something the ice on the north pole is not.
    You can test that yourself. Fill a glass half full of water and put in say, 5 ice cubes. Take note of the water level before and after the ice has melted. It'll be the same.

Humans are mostly water, so more water couldn't hurt, right? It's like putting more chocolate chips in a chocolate chip cookie. More is better.

Now if only we could figure out how to superheat the oceans and drop massive teabags into it...

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Aum View Post
    Humans are mostly water, so more water couldn't hurt, right? It's like putting more chocolate chips in a chocolate chip cookie. More is better.

Now if only we could figure out how to superheat the oceans and drop massive teabags into it...
    Tell that to the girl who died because her friends made her drink like a gallon of water to get her to come down off a bad high. Humans have a delicate electrolyte balance in their bodies, and too much water upsets that.

I thought someone said that we were actually at the tail end of an Ice Age still. Hot desert time, here we come!

That being said, the Earth is way bigger than us, and she can fend for herself.