Thread: storyline

Default storyline

I'm up to the part in FF12, (Mt. Bur Omisace) right after that guy with the spanish accent comes in and starts talking to the party and the old guy who talks w/ his mind. Can someone clue me in on the storyline up tp this part. I got lost about halfway into the game. If u can please start from the beginning, cuz I am really lost. If u dont want to post a spoiler on here for someone else who isnt this far yet, just pm me.
    P.S. dont worry if u think its too long. I've got all day. thanx

from the very begining?cus i can.
    (SPOILER)waha made you highlight

you know what, that might help me out too. i think i got it but some things i just dont think i have fully grasped.
    She looks so pretty in her casket, I'm in love with a corpse!

Quote Originally Posted by markr72 View Post
    I'm up to the part in FF12, (Mt. Bur Omisace) right after that guy with the spanish accent comes in and starts talking to the party and the old guy who talks w/ his mind. Can someone clue me in on the storyline up tp this part. I got lost about halfway into the game. If u can please start from the beginning, cuz I am really lost. If u dont want to post a spoiler on here for someone else who isnt this far yet, just pm me.
    P.S. dont worry if u think its too long. I've got all day. thanx
    I'm sure I'm going to miss some major stuff, and someone will probably come up and correct me but whatever.

SPOILERS, obviously.

Archadia, the land-hungry Empire of Ivalice is in a struggle to conquer new land: they're next target: The Kingdom of Dalmasca. When the Empire begins invading Nabudis, Dalmasca sends some of their finest troops. Prince Rasler (was that his name?), the new husband of the Princesses Ashelia (Ashe) of Dalmasca rides out with his troops led by Captain Basch fon Rosenburg and Captain(?) Vossler. However, it is too late, the city is lost. Rasler is gravely wounded, but Basch carries him back to Nalbina. Alas, it is too late--Rasler is wounded beyond healing. He dies and sends Ashe into a mindset of great despair. Soon, the Empire is on Nalbina's doorstep, or worse. A small troop of soldiers, led by Captain Basch is rushing to the throne room to defend the King, whom they were going to force into signing a treaty handing Dalmasca over to the Empire. It his here were you take control of Reks, a young soldier willing to fight for his country. Leading him up to the throne room, you are ambushed by Captain Basch, who has killed the king-and then Reks himself.

Two years later in Rabanstre (a city of Dalmasca), Vayne Solidor, the son of the emperor of Archadia has be "elected" as consul for Dalmasca. The people are in an uproar, but Vayne gives a charismatic speech helping to calm the nerves of the people. Here, you take control of Vaan, who is busy fighting rats in the sewers--how exciting. Leaving the sewers, you'll meet your semi-love interest but it's never developed anyway so whatever Penelo. She tells you to go talk to Migelo, who is someone of an adopted father to you and her. He sends you on an errand you do you your first mark (Rouge Tomato).

Vaan decides that he wants to sneak into the Palace to partake in the fete (party) that is being thrown by Migelo for Vayne so that he can "Take back what is rightfully Rabanstre's." Penelo suggest to visit Old Man Dalan, who tells you he knows of a secret entrance into the Palace, but you need a Sun Stone to charge the key. You do some random crap in the Giza Plains in order to charge it and then take it back to him for an entrance to the Palace through the Waterway. You make your way into the Palace and to the treasury where you find-you guessed it-a treasure. The Goddess Magicite is now in your possession, but it seems a couple of sky pirates want it too. Not to mention the fact that you've been found out by the guards. After some fighting and what not, you end up stuck back in the Waterway with Fran and Balthier, the sky pirate duo you just met. They decide that you'll be joining their party.

Traversing through the sewers, you meet/save Amalia, who joins your party as a guest. Keep going, fight some bosses, and [...] to be continued, I have to go. [...]
    Sigless

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Somehow you end up being arrested and thrown in the Nalbina Dungeon. "Amalia" doesn't join you, apparently she is the leader of the resistance to the Empire. A desperate Penelo tries to stop your arrest but the guards don't let her near Vaan. Baltier feels sorry for Penelo and gives her a little something to keep and promises to bring Vaan back to her safe and sound.

At the dungeon Fran senses a way to escape that resides directly under a cage hung from the ceiling, were a wretched, thin captain Basch who just got teased by Judge Gabranth is being kept for the last two years. The team jumps on the cage to escape pursuit, making it fall in the start of Barheim passage, shattering and freeing Basch. Baltier invites him to join the party. Vaan wants to refuse Basch the guy who betrayed Dalmasca and his brother Reks, but Baltier ignores him.

After many skeletons and mimics you leave the passage and arrive at a northern part of the Eastersand. Back in Rabanastre Vaan says goodbye to everyone but soo he finds out that Penelope has been kidnapped by some bounty hunters that are after Baltier's head. Baltier and Fran agree to help Vaan rescue her but they believe they need some help from Amalia or other people from the resistance. The team meets Basch at the resitence hideout, and again he joins the party. The team flies to Bhujerba to meet Penelo's kidnappers at Lhusu Mines, as demanded by them. A very young man named Lamont asks to join the party at the mine's entrance.

After getting Penelo back and kicking the bounty hunter's butt the team finds out that "Lamont" is none other than Larsa, the Arcadian Emperor younger son and second in line for the throne after Lord Vaine. He was on the mines to find a piece of nethicite, a special kind of magicite that has been created at Draklor Labs. Larsa takes Penelo with him Marquis Ondorre's palace (Bhujerba's ruler) and prevents the guards from arresting the rest of the team.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

ima start were those 2 left off(SPOILER)
    basch atempts to engage marquis ondore and he calls the gaurds.the party is aressted and sent to the archadian flag ship levaithin.basch wanted to be captured so they can rescue ashe(ashelia b'nargen dalmasca,such a wierd name)they escape the chains that bind them with the help of resestance captain vossler(the one from the nalbina fortress)they get to the center of the ship,rescue ashe,fly out and head back to bujerba.ashe decides to steal the strahl(balthiers ship)and fly to raithwalls tomb.balthier stops her and tell ashe that raithwalls tomb lies in jagd,airships cannot fly in jagd.they all travel through the sandsea in search of raithwalls tomb so ashe can get her birthright and reclaim the throne so dalmasca can be freed from the archadians grasp.they travel through raithwalls tomb and ashe gets the dawnshard but not all is well.the archadains have used manufacted nethicite to fly in jagd and capture everyone agian.judge ghis takes the dawn shard and tries to messure its power using one of the engines and he destroys leviathen(after you fight vossler).ashe again reclaims the dawn shard but it has lost all of its power.the only way to get its power is known only to the ppl of jahara.they travel through the ozmone plains and reach the jahara village,but the village chief does not know how to restore it.(the next parts are unclear to me and may be inaccurate)larsa comes to jahara and tells the party of the grand kiltias.he may know a way to restore the dawnshards power.and that is why the party goes to mt.bur-omisace.
    does that help?if you need to know were to go it is through the paramina rift and to the stillshrine of miriam.if ya have any questions about this game i would be happy to assist
    Last edited by remnant1; 12-08-2006 at 03:21 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have the Jahara FMV uploaded to Youtube, where you can see how Larsa convinces Ashe to join him in his trek to Mt. Bur-Omisace
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ya4AMfjLOM

Also the Tomb of Raythwall's scene where she gets the Dawn shard
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2qXcoiTi8Y

lol i wached your movies remiri.did you acually go through atacking everything over and over.sorry i meant commanding your ppl to atk over and over again.lol

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by remnant1 View Post
    lol i wached your movies remiri.did you acually go through atacking everything over and over.sorry i meant commanding your ppl to atk over and over again.lol
    Yes

Foe: targetting ally / Attack was one of my favorite gambits.

Doesn't help much with chains though :rolleyes2