Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle of pointless operating systems!

Blog Entries

My computer would die like everyday no matter what I did, I had horrid problems with overheating and my RAM got all smurfed.I switched that computer over to XP asnd never had another problem.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

They're both terrible OSes, even compared to XP. Try plugging in any PnP device and neither OS will recognize it correctly. By todays' standards that's the mark of a bad OS.

Blog Entries

I couldn't install ME. Then again neither could I unistall 98 to install ME.

there was a picture here

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    I couldn't install ME. Then again neither could I unistall 98 to install ME.
    They never want to let go.......such is the nature of bill gates' early success.....

ME deserves to burn in hell, it's hair ripping bad. Dammit the memories are coming back.

Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by RiseToFall View Post
    ME deserves to burn in hell, it's hair ripping bad. Dammit the memories are coming back.
    i always thought ME was software hell......its where all the naughty glitchy software go after they die.....

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember actually getting an ME box to work properly for about 6 weeks, I was at my brothers and his ME box worked for me without fault for 6 weeks daily use. I mean come on that was miraculous in my eyes.

Apparently it died on him when I went home, oops.

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    I remember actually getting an ME box to work properly for about 6 weeks, I was at my brothers and his ME box worked for me without fault for 6 weeks daily use. I mean come on that was miraculous in my eyes.

Apparently it died on him when I went home, oops.
    you must of been his lucky charm, either that or your the patron saint of windows......

Blog Entries

Going with luck on that but still. I could fix it at any rate I was already studying the building and repairing of computers.

Going with luck on that but still. I could fix it at any rate I was already studying the building and repairing of computers.
    You can't repair what was meant to be broken.

I can remember my home computer with ME being glitchy and prone to crashes. The school computers on Windows 98 were slow as hell and would only recognise 1 brand of USB data stick.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Blog Entries

that is because for USB in windows 98 you had to install drivers for the utilities including for each brand of data stick or usb adapted technology. Sucks but necessarry, your school probably sold the ones their computers recognised to students did they not? most schools with software that would need a driver for that sort of thing would make money out of it.

that is because for USB in windows 98 you had to install drivers for the utilities including for each brand of data stick or usb adapted technology. Sucks but necessarry, your school probably sold the ones their computers recognised to students did they not? most schools with software that would need a driver for that sort of thing would make money out of it.
    I dunno. My school didn't sell data sticks at the time. Me and one other student in my tech class had workign data sticks. I had people harrassing me for floppies most weeks.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Good old 98, it's never done me wrong before.

O.o Was I the only one that had no problems whatsoever with Windows ME? Had it installed on one of my boxes way back in the day. Didn't glitch out, didn't roll over and die or anything. It was....normal. Sure it might not have agreed with a few PnP devices, but my experience wasn't nearly as horrible as the rest of you guys.

Windows SE, however... :rolleyes2

| Beati Pauperes Spiritu; Quoniam Ipsorum est Regnum Caelorum |