Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mortal Kombat!

Ok Dreddz, get over it. We all know you love Street Fighter.

Some of us actually like MK for the nostalgic attachments. It was defenately up there with Street Fighter 1 & 2 when they were released. They both were absolutely fun in their day.

I haven't played any new SF or MK games that are new though, so I won't make much judgement on those. I can't see where it's gone too wrong though, I'm sure there's some fun factors in both games, maybe one requires more skill than the other, who cares that much?
    Last edited by Rostum; 10-31-2006 at 03:22 AM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

Yes. Genji, your mind has been warped into thinking MK can hold up to any other fighter. I suggest you play these and take a long hard think whether you should still be playing MK.
    Okay, Dreddz. I'll tell you what. I'll tell you that I played Street Fighter, I own every Tekken for the PS & PS2, and have SC II and III. My mind hasn't been smurfing warped, because you simply think that every game you like is the best game for everybody, and everybody else sucks for liking a game that you don't. I can agree that Tekken and SC have way better gameplay, but my mind isn't warped just because I like Mortal Kombat. Jesus christ.

PS: And I've been playing Tekken and SF excessively ever since I was 4 years old, so don't give me that crap about "You don't know a good fighter at all".

The first two Mortal Kombat games owned my life. My brothers and I totally kicked ass in those games back then. It's a good game and I love it, besides who could resist "Finish Him".

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've had fun with a few games in the series, but I wouldn't ever purchase one of them. I think most, if not all, of the other fighting games I've played were better. But Mortal Kombat has some pretty entertaining characters, and, of course, the over-the-top Fatalities are always very amusing. Raiden in Unreal Championship 2 was pretty badass.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Raiden in Unreal Championship 2 was fail...

pwning Vampire lady ftw!

though Raiden had a neat teleport thing... well yeah, thats about all I enjoyed ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Genji View Post
    Yes. Genji, your mind has been warped into thinking MK can hold up to any other fighter. I suggest you play these and take a long hard think whether you should still be playing MK.
    Okay, Dreddz. I'll tell you what. I'll tell you that I played Street Fighter, I own every Tekken for the PS & PS2, and have SC II and III. My mind hasn't been smurfing warped, because you simply think that every game you like is the best game for everybody, and everybody else sucks for liking a game that you don't. I can agree that Tekken and SC have way better gameplay, but my mind isn't warped just because I like Mortal Kombat. Jesus christ.

PS: And I've been playing Tekken and SF excessively ever since I was 4 years old, so don't give me that crap about "You don't know a good fighter at all".
    No, I dont think any game I like is the best game for everyone, I just know there a hell of alot better than Mortal Kombat. Im telling you as fact that Mortal Kombat cannot compare to what else is on the market.

I find it a little weird how you can acknowledge Mortal Kombat in the same way as other fighters. The fact that most people that have posted only praise the series because of nostalgia shows that the series has nothing going for it.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

mmmm, people, Dreddz is right.

the battle system has always been in ruins.

whether it be Imbalances or just overall Button Mashyness of the older ones...

eh, donno n_n"

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

It's funny, my friends and I were saying things like "Animality!", "Round one: (Cat)fight!" and "Finish him! Fatality!" today. I played MK and MK2 when I was a kid. They were decent games, although I remember getting frustrated at them very often when some fights were really annoying. I tried several characters, though I did the best with Sub-Zero in MK, and Kitana in MK2. Defeating Kintaro was the hardest part for me in MK2.

Another fighting game I used to play was One Must Fall 2097, a robot fighting game. It was fun enhancing the robot, and while Jaguar and Electra were nice bots, it was great to get Nova, although Nova was quite weak until you could get most of its upgrades.

I liked it how Toonstruck made some fun of fighting games in the land of Cutopia. The inhabitants were playing games like Sweetfighter and Mortal Wombat.
    Last edited by Sefie1999AD; 10-31-2006 at 03:42 PM.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Although i like Mortal Kombat as a nostaligic and silly game, i wouldnt pass it up as a real competitive and deep fighting game. In that regard, yes i agree with Dreddz, however if you arent playing it for competition/tournament-play, its a very fun game xD;

I dont usually play MK, all i play is lately 2D fighters that are played competitively(SF: Hyper Fighting, CvS2, Third Strike..etc), but as far as story and just for fun factor, its not too bad, but for actual competitive play i find it lacking, i dont know about the new ones but the old ones are definetly lacking. It doesnt want to keep me putting quarters up for it and doesnt want me to improve and play more in general compared to other games. The Fatalities, while nice, are just eye candy mostly unlike Guilty Gear XX's One Hit KOs(even though its crappy to use...it did win me a few rounds occasionally...).

So as a fighter i find it lacking, however as a fun game? Its definetly fun, just not in the same sense as more competitive fighters out there.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Genji View Post

No, I dont think any game I like is the best game for everyone, I just know there a hell of alot better than Mortal Kombat. Im telling you as fact that Mortal Kombat cannot compare to what else is on the market.

I find it a little weird how you can acknowledge Mortal Kombat in the same way as other fighters. The fact that most people that have posted only praise the series because of nostalgia shows that the series has nothing going for it.
    When exactly have I said that it compared to those other games?