Thread: Best comics of the '90s: Is the list inaccurate or did the '90s suck?

Default Best comics of the '90s: Is the list inaccurate or did the '90s suck?

http://comicbookbin.com/reviews001.html

Maybe they mean the books that best characterized the '90s. Because when I worked in a comic store, we would frequently remove several copies of Bloodshot #1 from the quarter bin to the recycling bin. Same for Harbinger. But I haven't read it. Is it really the best comic of the decade?

They're probably about right. Witchblade and Bloodshot were hardly good. But they were better than some of the *other* stuff of the time. As far as Harbinger. It has a "feel" to it that can be appreciated from an artistic angle. But just didn't have entertainment value.

But, yeah. The 90s sucked. 80s was definately the highlight of comic history. Then again, if not for cheap knockoffs of past greatness, we'd have nothing to remember the 90s by at all.
    Whore since '04. Selling my skills as an artist and writer.

http://www.freewebs.com/acalhoun/

I would have liked to see Witchblade make the list, but that's just my opinion.

Witchblade was amazing, as were the Tomb Raider comics.
    The WB and TR crossovers were lovely

I think their criteria might be that they aided the industry in some way, not that they were quality. Crap can be crap and still sell well, after all.

I haven't read a comic since i was 10 >.<
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Spawn.

Sucks.

90's sucked.
    The only good titles were from Vertigo.