Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Child-Birth... why do women make such a fuss?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    [ She, like Sammiebabe, was adamant on not having any painkiller, to "feel the childbirth experience" or some romantic stuff like that. After passing a kidney stone that big, she thought she could handle anything... :rolleyes2
    I couldn't have an epidural actually. The first time the doctor refused to give it to me because he thought I was allergic to one of the drugs in it. Second time, it just happened to fast to get one. I went from three cm to seven cm in an hour. An hour later my son was born. I did have IV drugs, which don't do much but make you sleepy between contractions.
    I just liked being in control of my labor. I was able to tell them what I felt, and when I needed to push, and etc. I'm just a control freak...

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SammieBabe View Post
    I couldn't have an epidural actually. The first time the doctor refused to give it to me because he thought I was allergic to one of the drugs in it. Second time, it just happened to fast to get one. I went from three cm to seven cm in an hour. An hour later my son was born. I did have IV drugs, which don't do much but make you sleepy between contractions.
    I just liked being in control of my labor. I was able to tell them what I felt, and when I needed to push, and etc. I'm just a control freak...
    Well, yes, 2nd and 3rd time were much faster. But having had my first without the epidural (it wore off) and the other two with it, I'd say control, schmoe, give me drugs!!!

But even the first, which hurt a lot more, was 100% worth it the minute I held my little girl
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Devil Man learnt alot from this Thread...

And he learnt...

Child-Birth probably isn't as he thought it was.

So thank you educating him, some of you beautiful goddesses

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Man View Post
    Devil Man was being very clever and very educational and reading yet another news paper today. Devil Man likes reading newspapers because it makes him feel very clever and intelligent (), but one article made him annoyed.

Now... you must understand... Devil Man LOVES women! Yes! He adores women and thinks they are the greatest of all Mother Natures creations! Even better then chocolate cake!

But what Devil Man fails to understand is why women make such a fuss over child-birth. Why, why, why, whyyyyyyy do women always complain about popping out a baby and moan about the pain they go through? It makes Devil Man appreciate the beauty of women a little bit less.

For you see... this article that provoked Devil Man's wrath was yet ANOTHER ONE, THE SEVENTH ONE HE READ THIS WEEK, where a woman had just given birth, moaned about the pain, how hard labour is etc, etc...

A child is a gift of Mother Nature! You should pop out a baby with a smile on your face, oh beautiful goddesses! You should not whinge about how painful it is. You should go *pop!*, grin and hold baby proudly in your arms! ( A Devil Baby ---> )

So Devil Man would like to ask... why do women make such a fuss over Child Birth? It can't be that hard, can it?
    may sound crazy, but you stay up really late sometimes dont you?

Because our womanly parts are being stretched to have a huge thing come out. Why else?

Quote Originally Posted by *~Dagger Trepe~* View Post
    Because our womanly parts are being stretched to have a huge thing come out. Why else?
    womanly parts? funny way of saying it! ha!

Blog Entries

And he learnt...

Thank you!
    Backpeddling

there was a picture here

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    I usually am one of the least feminist chicks I know, but you try popping one out. A bowling ball through a hose, the analogy is, I think? It's EXTREMELY painful, and if I ever do have I child, I demand that I am so high on painkilling drugs during it that I don't even know my own name. I have a terrible tolerance for pain. ;___;

But anyways, maybe women cry because it IS painful? A woman has to suffer backpains, morning sickness, breast pain, lots of hormones, and other general discomforts for 9 months, so they can whine all they want about popping the babies out.
    The analogy I once saw used for the same event was "bowling ball through a keyhole."

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

And he learnt...

Thank you!

D'you make a beeping sopund when you backpedal like that?

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

For fear of having my beautiful 17" monitor smashed into a million tiny pieces, I will not let my wife see this thread

Ahh, childbirth...those were the days.

When I was pregnant for the first time, my church friends were also pregnant for the first time and when I went and saw one of them after she gave birth I asked what it was like and she looked at me and smiled and said, "It's just like sh*tting a pumpkin." Well, I obviously had this to look forward to.

After being sick approx 12-13 times a day for 9 months, I was in labour with Nikki for 24 hours of intense pain after which I had an episiotomy and she was a forcepts delivery (just like popping a cork out of a bottle). She had marks on her head and face for days. I was exhausted, and very very hungry!

I was only sick for 7 months of pregnancy when carrying Daniel. Even though he was a week early, he mucked about and couldn't be bothered coming out until I got angry and forced him out after 36 hours of labour! (Nothing chnages really does it!)

In summary, I loved being pregnant (despite being so ill), I loved being in labour (despite the extreme pain) and I love my kids (despite everything!) So Devil Man, yes, it does hurt, but as soon as the pumpkin is through, the pain stops and the loving and smiling and crying and exhaustion starts.

Childbirth is painful, but very rewarding. Its the years afterwards they get you - a bit like Chinese water torture. I have a lovely saying, carved in wooden hearts, on my wall: "Raising kids is like being pecked to death by a duck"!

But boy, I like being a grandmother now! All love and no exhaustion! Its like getting a baby for nothing!

Anyway, come on, everyone, Devil Man is just saying controversial stuff to wind us up. Very interesting thread, though.
    Last edited by Mum; 10-29-2006 at 10:57 PM. Reason: added more

Devil Man was being very clever and very educational and reading yet another news paper today. Devil Man likes reading newspapers because it makes him feel very clever and intelligent (), but one article made him annoyed.

Now... you must understand... Devil Man LOVES women! Yes! He adores women and thinks they are the greatest of all Mother Natures creations! Even better then chocolate cake!

But what Devil Man fails to understand is why women make such a fuss over child-birth. Why, why, why, whyyyyyyy do women always complain about popping out a baby and moan about the pain they go through? It makes Devil Man appreciate the beauty of women a little bit less.

For you see... this article that provoked Devil Man's wrath was yet ANOTHER ONE, THE SEVENTH ONE HE READ THIS WEEK, where a woman had just given birth, moaned about the pain, how hard labour is etc, etc...

A child is a gift of Mother Nature! You should pop out a baby with a smile on your face, oh beautiful goddesses! You should not whinge about how painful it is. You should go *pop!*, grin and hold baby proudly in your arms! ( A Devil Baby ---> )

So Devil Man would like to ask... why do women make such a fuss over Child Birth? It can't be that hard, can it?
    lol, if a pop takes a good multi hours to accomplish, mother nature must be sllloooowww.....

but yea, from what i understand of how a babys head has to keep rotating around the womans pelvis and other areas, not to mention the babys shoulders, there is a reason why the wife has a death look on her husband.

She is secretly communicating" o you mother why o why did i sleep with you that one night in Vegas? RAARRR!!!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

I can't even believe this thread exists.
    Last edited by Chemical; 10-30-2006 at 05:34 AM. Reason: ... just go back to the stork theory

Boldly go.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Must be that feeble female brain of yours.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

ugh. just when i thought devil man had left us alone.

how could you be so insensitive? have you ever gone through the pain of childbirth? im a guy but i understand that 9 months of annoyances and the pain of childbirth is more pain than most men suffer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*