Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Child-Birth... why do women make such a fuss?

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

It would seem to me that it is very troublesome to have a child. So why complain and still do it (repeatedly afterwards)?

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I would use words like 'miracle' and 'wonderful' for birth rather than 'pain' and 'anxiety.' Nobody likes to use those words.
    I think babies are miracles and wonderful and amazing and their skin is super soft. But childbirth I think of as scary and painful and I don't wanna do it.
    to quote my wife, "It was not so bad at all." She basically said that the pain is instant, and forgotten soon after. Especially when you hold your baby, she said it really nullifies any pain. Even long after pergnancy.

She also wanted to kick my ass cause my genetics gave our children my gargantuan head.

/bolros

Bipper

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

...I can't even think of a way to reply to this. -_- Although, what Leeza and Sammie said was good.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by bipper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I would use words like 'miracle' and 'wonderful' for birth rather than 'pain' and 'anxiety.' Nobody likes to use those words.
    I think babies are miracles and wonderful and amazing and their skin is super soft. But childbirth I think of as scary and painful and I don't wanna do it.
    to quote my wife, "It was not so bad at all." She basically said that the pain is instant, and forgotten soon after. Especially when you hold your baby, she said it really nullifies any pain. Even long after pergnancy.

She also wanted to kick my ass cause my genetics gave our children my gargantuan head.

/bolros

Bipper
    Your wife is one of the lucky ones if her pain was <i>instant</i>. I know a few women like that. Others are not so lucky. Like I said before, I had 22 hours of contraction pains before having to have an emergency C-section. I had nightmares about it for months afterwards and would wake up feeling the pain all over again. My 10 pound half ounce daughter was worth it all though.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Blog Entries

yeah it's a moment of pain but then it desappears! And the result is worth!

Blog Entries

Ignore the haters Devil Man! I still love you!

there was a picture here

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's like ripping off a bandaid, only it's not a bandaid and it's coming out of your uterus slowly and painfully. So, I guess it's more like tearing out your eyeballs.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default PUNISH HIM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    THIS CLOWN GOES OFF-TOPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    THIS CLOWN GOES OFF-TOPIC!!!
    GOES!?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's your own bloody fault. I mean really? How hard is it to LEAVE THE DAMN APPLES ALONE!

But seriously, I don't consider it the worst pain that humans can suffer. It's definitely high ranking, though, and I feel extraordinarily lucky that I'm a bloke.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bipper View Post

/bolros

Bipper
    I don't know about it "being not so bad", but it is easy to forget usually. Nothing beats the feeling of looking into your eyes and seeing a tiny hand with your fingers grasping your gargantuan finger.
    And I wanted to kill hubbie for having a big head and broad shoulders too.
    What Leeza went through is awful and I hate hearing women talk about having bad birth experiences. But again, in her own words, it is worth it...

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This thread has been pretty informative, and slightly amusing and most of all, it's put me off having kids more than I already was. XD I don't want that paaain. *scared* X_X
    rawr

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Someone told me it's comparable to [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] out a brick.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I said that, but with a fridge instead of a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by SammieBabe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    If you're all numb it's much harder to push, and greatly increases the risk of needing a c-section [read: surgery], so it's better to go without. Epidurals are a common way to dull the pain, but even those increase the risk of needing a c-section.
    And the after effects can sometimes be felt for hours after. A friend of min was so loopy after she had an epidural that she couldn't even lift her arms to hold her daughter for hours unil the drugs wore off...
    Or days. My mother suggested against them because she couldn't walk without help for two days. I've never had one but they gave me all the pain killers they could beside that and they did nearly squat. You would have thought I was a crack head. "I want more drugs! When can I have more?"

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ValkyrieWing View Post
    Childbirth is TORTURE.

The pain simply cannot compare in any way...any man who says rthey could handle it, or dosen't think it's a big deal, is full of it. My friend nearly DIED giving birth.
    No, I'm sorry, but this does make me a bit annoyed. Any man who says it's not a big deal is an idiot, but any woman who says a man couldn't handle it is an idiot.....

I don't like being told that I'm unable to be as competent at something simply because of my gender anymore than women like being told the same.
    Understandable, but there is physiological facts that back it up. Womens bodies are made for childbirth and even then it's to much for some. Mens bodies just aren't made to handle it. But that's ok, you guys are made physically to be able to do alot of stuff we can't. I know alot of women who would like to trade you. Interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    This thread has been pretty informative, and slightly amusing and most of all, it's put me off having kids more than I already was. XD I don't want that paaain. *scared* X_X
    ...and that is why I wasn't the slightest bit interested in having children until I meet a man I wanted to have them with. IMO any female who fools around is an idiot who needs her head checked.