Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FF 12 a Little bit disappointing [SPOILERS]

Default FF 12 a Little bit disappointing [SPOILERS]

i had watch all the FMV and myself playing japan version....

the story only base on war between kingdom and kingdom.....

on previous ff like ff 8, ff9, ff10, ff 10-2, sure got some romantic FMV or contains a lvoe story but FF 12 only talk about war like final fantasy tactic...

the ending also simple.... nothing special......,After the Vayne's death, the war has been end...... Larse be the king of Archadia and Ashe be the Queen of Dalmasca... Vaan finaly be a sky pirate.....Balflear and Fran continue their sky pirate lifestyle(althorugt the ending didn't say but they get back their airship from Vaan and leave them a lettle)...After Basch's brother died, Basch continue his brother jod as Judge to protect Larse....... a simple ending...

above is just my personal comment (my english not good, sry ^^)

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I think it is good that the theme of love isn't as important in 12 as it was in the other late Final Fantasies. It'll be a nice change, I think. There's no rule saying Final Fantasy games must be love stories...
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

not must be love story but.... the story will too common i think...

If the story is as deep and convoluted as Tactics, I will be happy. I love that kind of stuff. The whole love story bit has been done to death lately in the series, anyways.

the love stories of final fantasy aren't great. the best stories of the series have had love elements, but not been focused on them (FF7, FF6, FF4).

FFtactics was great because the story was so gritty and realistic. if FF12 is like this i'll be happy, with real characters not going week at the knees in the presence of each other

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Although, this time, it'll actually be translated properly and hopefully make some sense.

in some China FF wedsite, some ppl was saying the FF 12 was the episod before the FF tactic (just similier) , duno u all feel how on FF 12, btw, oafter act 31, uhope u all post ur feeling after play on forum ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Guardians View Post
    in some China FF wedsite, some ppl was saying the FF 12 was the episod before the FF tactic (just similier) , duno u all feel how on FF 12, btw, oafter act 31, uhope u all post ur feeling after play on forum ^^
    Indeed, this is supposed to be the same world, only centuries earlier. I'll edit this post as soon as I can access my links from home - I have one in Japanese and one in French explaining this - sorry, there's no English site that has published this info that I could find. There probably must be one though ^_^

february 23rd for me

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Aria28 View Post
    Indeed, this is supposed to be the same world, only centuries earlier. I'll edit this post as soon as I can access my links from home - I have one in Japanese and one in French explaining this - sorry, there's no English site that has published this info that I could find. There probably must be one though ^_^
    No, it only uses the name "Ivalice", just like several other Final Fantasy games have used the name "Gaia" for their worlds, without them being even remotely linked to each others.

Also, where are you from, Guardians?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    No, it only uses the name "Ivalice", just like several other Final Fantasy games have used the name "Gaia" for their worlds, without them being even remotely linked to each others.

I'm sorry, but I may have to disagree with that: Ivalice - Chronologie

You'll see that they also link to a japanese site, for reference. Given some things that FFT, FFTA and FF XII have in common, some being spoiler material, it doesn't surprise me in the least

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

i had watch all the FMV and myself playing japan version....

the story only base on war between kingdom and kingdom.....

on previous ff like ff 8, ff9, ff10, ff 10-2, sure got some romantic FMV or contains a lvoe story but FF 12 only talk about war like final fantasy tactic...

the ending also simple.... nothing special......,After the Vayne's death, the war has been end...... Larse be the king of Archadia and Ashe be the Queen of Dalmasca... Vaan finaly be a sky pirate.....Balflear and Fran continue their sky pirate lifestyle(althorugt the ending didn't say but they get back their airship from Vaan and leave them a lettle)...After Basch's brother died, Basch continue his brother jod as Judge to protect Larse....... a simple ending...

above is just my personal comment (my english not good, sry ^^)
    It's a welcome change to have no love story. You always get happy endings anyway, don't see why this ending is different to the others. More characters die then ever, which rarely happened in other games. All FF endings are simple. They're not that different. IMO anyway..
    FFVIII - defeat sorceress. Everyone lives
    FFIX - Defeat Kuja. Happy Ending.
    FFX - Sure Tidus goes but if you play X-2..

I can name characters who die and I haven't even played the game yet!

(SPOILER)Reddas, Vossler, Noah (Gabranth), Drace, Ghis, Bergan, Cid, Vayne..

I understood you perfectly as well

~Setzer Gabbiani

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Aria28 View Post

I'm sorry, but I may have to disagree with that: Ivalice - Chronologie

You'll see that they also link to a japanese site, for reference. Given some things that FFT, FFTA and FF XII have in common, some being spoiler material, it doesn't surprise me in the least
    That site doesn't mean anything to me, even if I could read French or Japanese. Give me something official, please.

What's wrong with this game story? I'm glad they give importance to all party member instead of the main character.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

That site doesn't mean anything to me, even if I could read French or Japanese. Give me something official, please.
    Ha, good question ! I was almost sure I had read an interview of Matsuno saying just that, but maybe I dreamed it? LOL Now I have a doubt all of a sudden. I'll try to find it again, but until then, consider the issue put under a conditional "question mark" on my end. There are, however, an awful lot of connections, so it would make a lot of sense if it's what Matsuno had in mind (there are notably historical references to the events of FFT in Vagrant Story - I'd have to replay them to check if such a thing occurs with FF XII as well)

EDIT: It would be the same world, at least according to this FF XII preview and to that other interview (since they say they wanted to "it's kind of like a feeling that we get to portray the world and show the world and present the world in a slightly different way, a world that we all love"). So obviously, it's a world that has more connections with the other Ivalices than the Gaia worlds, for instance, where there was no obvious link.

However, I'll check the Japanese site sources (usually they take their informations from the official guides and other publications endorsed by Square, but you never know, so I'll double check that ) since I am now wondering if the chronology is more wishful thinking, or if there's anything more tangible about the links they see in terms of history (apart from the FFT - Vagrant Story one I was mentionning above)
    Last edited by Aria28; 09-13-2006 at 05:56 PM.