Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: why is vivi more popular than zidane??

She? Hmph.

Black Waltz #3 is the best character.

I just didn't like Zidane that much. I prefer a more tortured and withdrawn hero over the cocky and arrogant ladies' man.
    you mean, a typical final fantasy main character such as cloud and squall. i like that cocky attitude personally. its more..."cool" i guess. while the people from square tried to make cloud and squall's attitude way too cool to the point that it gets annoying. zidane is cocky, yet clumsy with the ladies. but then again, very heroic.

Vivi was a kind-hearted character, but to me he also fit the bill of the character facing the toughest problems - was he even real? Did his actions really count?
    doesnt zidane and vivi have similar problems?...theyre both "created" and both made for destruction. vivi and the black mages are no different from zidane and genomes.
    Last edited by the_sandman; 09-15-2006 at 06:53 AM.

Why I think Vivi is popular

1. He's cute.
    2. His personality is mostly involved with life itself.
    3. He waddles.
    4. He can burn your arse, freeze it or make sure that you can never sit on it again without giving yourself an electric shock.
    5. The eyes. Glow-in-the-dark contacts. I want those!
    Let's kick Emerald Weapon's arse with Vincent's Death Penalty in one shot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cXfeCC6_ac

I prefer Zidane myself. Vivi was okay but one of my least favorite characters from FFIX. People have already said the reasons why Vivi is so popular. Mainly because of cuteness and the fact that he is one of the only non-annoying kid characters.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Vivi needs to cheer up :/
    jkhkjg

Vivi was sooooooooo cute! and he kicked serious butt too! I, myself love black mages so that's probably why I like him so much. Zidane was cool and I liked the fact they didn't try to make him like Squall and Cloud, but Vivi was the best character in the game in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Vivi needs to cheer up :/
    He needs his hat taken off. Then all of the feces that he is made of will spill out.

Why Vivi is more popular then Zidane? Why Squall is more popular then Zidane? Why Cloud is more popular then Zidane?

Because they are emo. For some reason, almost all the FF fans, prefer emo characters instead of "happy" characters, like Zidane or Laguna.

Vivi's a child [+ 10 cuteness points]; he's a serious child who thinks deep things you wouldn't expect a child to think, especially when compared with the other children of the game (Puck, Eiko, Hippaul, ect) [+15 cuteness points]; he has somewhat oversized clothes and a floppy hat [+25 cuteness points]; he needed the main character's (i.e. the player's) help more so than Dagger in that he was constantly dependent for you to set a role model and give him upbeat perspectives on all the negative things of life, call it emotional protection [+20 cuteness points]; he can set stuff on fire/freeze it/fry it with lightning/obliterate it with higher level magic [+50 usefulness points]; he's a little clumsy and has to fix his hat all the time [+6 cuteness points]; he's shy enough that he doesn't make himself annoying by constantly bringing up his problems and shoving them in your face, especially during life threatening situations [+12 non-annoying points]; he jumpropes with little girls [+2 cuteness points]; he's easily pulled into things, so must therefore be watched, if you aren't the one pulling him into things yourself [+4 cuteness points]

Personally I disliked Vivi. There you are, trying to save every peasant in the area while fighting your way through turn taking monsters who don't really care to attack anyone else who isn't already done for, worrying about whoever has run off/disappeared and/or whatever nefarious plots the villains have going on, and he has to bring up his whole issue about existing and no matter what you say, he's always down about it. I know he highlights the game's theme, but he's always so gloomy and emotionally needy and well, I didn't particularly care. Zidane and Quina stole my emotional character attatchment for the game. You have to (well not necessarily) like a guy who still manages to be upbeat despite the fact he's surrounded by some of the most depressing people on the planet 24/7, not getting paid, laid or even praised.

I'm not sure why Vivi is more popular. He's a good character I guess not my favorite though...But at least he wasn't annoying like that smurfing brat with the purple hair and the horn on her head!

Quote Originally Posted by Cid's_Lady_Erin View Post
    Personally I disliked Vivi. There you are, trying to save every peasant in the area while fighting your way through turn taking monsters who don't really care to attack anyone else who isn't already done for, worrying about whoever has run off/disappeared and/or whatever nefarious plots the villains have going on, and he has to bring up his whole issue about existing and no matter what you say, he's always down about it. I know he highlights the game's theme, but he's always so gloomy and emotionally needy and well, I didn't particularly care. Zidane and Quina stole my emotional character attatchment for the game. You have to (well not necessarily) like a guy who still manages to be upbeat despite the fact he's surrounded by some of the most depressing people on the planet 24/7, not getting paid, laid or even praised.
    Well said.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

His name is not ripped off from some soccer player.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    Why Vivi is more popular then Zidane? Why Squall is more popular then Zidane? Why Cloud is more popular then Zidane?

Because they are emo. For some reason, almost all the FF fans, prefer emo characters instead of "happy" characters, like Zidane or Laguna.
    I personally liked Zidane more than Cloud or Squall. He wasn't emo, he was social, and he didn't have the "I hate life" attitude. It was a great change!

Epic all day long vivi the master's Avatar

number 1 look at my user name and sig and 2 he is cute
    I think there should be a party....with .....party stuff...yeah.

"Now we fight like Men! and like Ladies! and ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...ITS MORPHIN TIME!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    He waddles. That's enough to win my heart. <3