Thread: Demo Disc?

Default Demo Disc?

Has there been a demo released for this game yet? Any news where I might be able to get my paws on it?

Yes there is a demo of this game, it came with a copy of Dragon Quest VIII. Im not sure were your from but here in the states DQ is only $19.95. It's a really good game and plus you get the demo that you wanted.

You could probably buy the demo itself online somewhere (though yes, DQ8 is really a good game). Personally, I didn't think it was a great demo (you get two different areas to play, one which features real time and the other which freezes while you decide your actions). If you want to try out the basics of the battlesystem its good, but you don't get to see any towns or people or the menu or the license board. If a character has full MP (they must have full) and an esper, they are able to summon it though, so it does feature some of the espers. So the demo doesn't really feature too much, but if you want to try the battle system, its good.

The demo got me pumped for the game but it's not special. I wouldn't really go too out far out of your way to get a copy. The game is only a month and a half away these days.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 09-08-2006 at 05:00 PM.

i know they are trying to make battle new and exciting...but people have been buying the games up till now without a totally reworked system...

I did buy Dragon Quest but it did not have a demo disc with it. I personally did not like the game anyway and returned it. I'd like to try out the battle system though, from what i've seen it's quite different.

Maybe I'll see if a search turns up anything.

was the game second hand or ... ?

unless you aren't from north america, i don't know if they did the same thing elsewhere

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

DQ did not include a demo disc in the European release.

you poor guys get the worst treatment when it comes to gaming...i tell ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    Well sometimes we get some bonuses. Dark aeons and Penance But overall yes we are still getting the short end of the stick. I assume it has something to do with all the different translations required for europe with so many games, but I could easily be wrong.

was the game second hand or ... ?

unless you aren't from north america, i don't know if they did the same thing elsewhere
    At my local gs there is two copies, the box (with the Demo) and standalone.

So meh. I took the Demo out, put it in a PS2 box, (I had transfered X and X02 into that dual case), but lost it. I also lost DQ. But still have the demo.

Anyways.. I'm playing it, the mosters in the ATB area respawn, so hehe.
    [I]All Your Images Belong to The Overchan v2!

Webfiction | Leaving the Light. - Fanfics | Dark Distorted Mirror | Shinji and Warhammer40k | Starcrossed |

My real estate agent, old Jill
    Has excellent properties still;
    There's none of it bland,
    Still top-dollar, and
    Has vacancies I'd love to fill

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubhghlas View Post
    Well sometimes we get some bonuses. Dark aeons and Penance :D But overall yes we are still getting the short end of the stick. I assume it has something to do with all the different translations required for europe with so many games, but I could easily be wrong.
    80% of Europe wouldn't care if everything was in English...
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know how they do things in European games anymore. Years ago, like when the PS1 was the big thing, most games over here would have language selections. Not any more, that I can see, not for consoles at least.

I guess either they don't sell multi-language copies anymore, or enough people do speak English to make it unecessary?

Oh, and think about it. It won't be the same guy translating the game into Spanish, German, French, and Italian, it'll be four different guys or teams, they can work at the same time.