Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Caps

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLadyNyara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cl_out View Post
    People that type in block/all-caps are retards. This includes your work colleagues/bosses when they email you like so trying to gain your attention by thinking it looks more important.

Discuss.
    Yeah, that's pretty irritating. Worse are the people who POST LIKE THIS because they think it somehow makes their arguements seem meaningful. (In fact, it does the opposite.)It's the online version of the kinds of idiots who have no idea what they're talking about, but think that if they can yell louder than everyone else, they win by default.

Quote Originally Posted by OdaiseGaelach
    The only thing worse than posting in caps is posting in caps that have been made bigger with the [size="7"] tags.
    Exactly.

very very well said

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

People that seem uncapable of avoiding or not using the Caps Lock key annoy the [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] out of me... It's immature, stupid, and shows a lack of care and respect for all that have to endure such meaningless posts.

I mean, honestly, what posseses an individual to pound the Caps Lock key and just type away rather than occassionally press two keys at once? It gives order and rythm to a post, letter, anything. I fail to see why people do such things.

On another note, I found a method to eliminate the hasle of the cursed Caps Lock key, though I dearly wish there was a way to do this to others' computers as well...

Download kbdussw.dll and save it to c:\winnt\system32\

As administrator, open the windows registry (by running c:\winnt\regedit.exe) and add the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00060409
    Layout File: REG_SZ: KBDUSSW.DLL
    Layout Text: REG_SZ: US-CapsLock is Control

1. Add the new key

2. And call it 00060409

3. Add the appropriate string values

4. These are the two values that need to be set.

Log off and log on as a user.

As the individual user (NOT the administrator!!!!!!!!!), open the windows registry (by running c:\winnt\regedit.exe) and add the following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload
    2: REG_SZ: 00000409
    1: REG_SZ: 00060409

5. Rename the existing string value to 2

6. add the new string value and name it 1

Log off and log back on - the Caps Lock key should now function like the CTRL key.

There is a method that you can use via the Accesibilty Options on the Control Panel, too, but it doesn't completely eliminate the Caps Lock like this does.

Yeah I don't take a message seriously if it's in caps.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

"I used caps because it's easier to read and I wanted everyone to read that"

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    What pisses me off is people who use capslock to create a single capital letter.

WTF DO YOU THINK THE SMURFING SHIFT KEY IS THERE FOR? DON'T BE LAME, YOU CAN PRESS TWO BUTTONS AT ONCE!!!
    I agree completely.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    What pisses me off is people who use capslock to create a single capital letter.

WTF DO YOU THINK THE SMURFING SHIFT KEY IS THERE FOR? DON'T BE LAME, YOU CAN PRESS TWO BUTTONS AT ONCE!!!
    I agree completely.
    Ew, I agree too. Gross.

In fact, I don't like caps lock... Too used to the shift key XD I USE THE SHIFT KEY EVEN TO TYPE COMPLETE SENTENCES IN CAPS. ...I don't think I ever touch the caps lock o_o;;

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

I completely agree, it's annoying like no other. I also hate it when I accidently hit Caps Lock instead of Shift. I usually don't notice for a few seconds, and then I have to delete and retype everything.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

LOL!

But yeah, It's stupid.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I LIKE USING CAPS!!!!
    But it is annoying when people constantly type in caps :P
    My parents do that so whenever I get on the computer the caps are on.
    I HATE WEN PPL TYPE N ALL CAPS AND DON'T FINISH THEIR SENTENCES WITH PERIODS THEY DON'T SEPARATE THEM EITHER AND IT GETS ANNOYING 3$P3$HI@11Y 7H3 1'$ \/\/H0 7YP3 1IK3 7HI$!!!!!!!!11111111111111SHIFT+1

For me someone typing in caps is shouting at everyone. It really pisses me off since I hate being shouted at in real life. Caps just makes people look immature.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I have a problem remembering that the caps lock exisits. For example, when I type a whole word in caps, I usually hold down the shift key the entire time.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by cl_out View Post
    This includes your work colleagues/bosses when they email you like so trying to gain your attention by thinking it looks more important.
    Ah, common phenomenon, that. I've worked in grocery stores and the caps and grammar error ratio is scaringly high. I would post pictures of some examples, but it would all be in Norwegian and Loony BoB would ban me. I swear none of my bosses know how to write their own language.

All Caps, eh? I can't say it has bothered me all that much. Although people like CHOCOBO KEV is hard to forget. I guess the reason I don't find it annoying is because they are usually stopped by the knights/operators before I start finding it annoying. However, I may use the Caps function every now and then in #eoff. In fact, I'm banned because of it right now.

The Caps lock is a useful tool, in that it sorts the unworthy in society into an easily identifiable group, allowing for more efficient persecution.

I'm unable to take ALLCAPS messages seriously. A person might be making valid points, but unless their writing is neatly set out it's difficult to respect their opinion. Personally I think the whole world would be better off if the key didn't exist.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

REEFER
    Do you hate me? Am I BEING RETARDED!?:kaolaugh:
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Christmas uses caps, so i guess they rock