Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29394344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: EoFF's Top Artist

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

smurf

Well, I wish you the best ValkyrieWing and a speedy recovery. Life takes turns that we cannot forsee or immediately absolve, so feel no guilt.

We'll miss you though.

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Instead of simply just giving the title of "D/O" (dropped out) to ValkyrieWing, I have decided to give her the title of third place, mostly just because she was one of the few to stick through this whole thing. Thank you for that, ValkyrieWing :)

And, also, Nominus and Mum, I hope you two don't mind her competing next round. I've decided to allow her to do this if she so pleases simply because she was a great contestant this round, and had she shown a final challenge (or had finished it before she had this accident), then I would not have permitted her, but because she didn't make it to the final three, I'll just give her a second chance. I hope you two don't mind this.

And, normally, I'd offer the position to someone who's competed, but because it's already half-way through, I don't think someone could finish a whole collection in a month (without using old pieces, that is).

As a side note: Sorry for not telling you my thoughts on your collection so far Nominus! Things have come up since it's been the last week of school here, such as finals, and I've been extremely busy. I'll be sure to do it within the next two days; I think I'll be busy tomorrow, but probably not. Sorry about the wait :(

Also: Mum will be gone until the 8th of January, if anyone wanted to know.

About the judges: They'll be how they'll be, whether brutal or soft. I can't force them to be mean or to be nice (well, I guess I can, but I won't). We'll simply be meeting in some sort of chat room (or instant messenger medium) and discussing the final collections, then voting on one winner. The person with the most votes wins. Therefore, there won't be long reviews, but we'll be talking about it for quite some time. Also, I've decided to lower the number of judges from 6 to 4, mostly because people are too busy, and 4 would be appropriate (the 5th, and possible tiebreaker, will still be decided by the people here at EoFF).

So, that's basically it. Sorry about your accident ValkyrieWing; I truly do hope to see you compete in the next round!

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry to hear about ValkyrieWing's accident.

Tan, I might have some problems regarding that chat/conference thing. I don't have much time for anything else except work, and I just came by to check on the art forum.
    If it's any consolation, I will be reviewing each artist's piece still. But if the conference is truly needed, then I'm so sorry. I really won't be able to make it that way.

I know Mum and Nominus Experse will have amazing pieces.
    Best o' good marks to the both o' yer!

Happy Birthday to Me

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

thanks everyone!
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Sorry I've been gone for some time; I've taken somewhat of a hiatus because I've been exhausted and I decided to relax for the holidays.

I've seen both Nominus and Mum's progress on their collections and I must say that I am very impressed. I don't think choosing a winner will be very easy...

Also, I only have 3 judges so far (including me) and I need just one more! I think I'm going to scrap the whole chat idea... No one seems to be able to do it, so I might as well just forget it, though I thought it'd be a good idea. Anyone wanting to guest judge for the final challenge please PM me.

And, also, I'm thinking of pushing back the deadline a couple of weeks because I don't know if I'll have time to do the whole thing on that week, and I still need to set up how it'll work, so I need a bit of time.

Other than that, things have been great, and I can't wait until we get to see the final collections and videos :D

Um... yeah, another week would be something of a saviour, to be honest...

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Well, I've made up my mind.

The new deadline will be January 29th, for just the entries. The video will be due February 2nd, and I will plan when the final collections will be shown once I get those. I hope this does not bother Mum- she already has all of her pieces done, so I hope she doesn't get impatient. Anyway, that's all for announcements.

I apologize for being so damned slow, Mum...

EDIT: I had 1.5 tons of freight get dropped on my right forefinger last night at work... Luckily, it's only severely bruised and blistered; however, that being said, I will not be able to draw very well in the next few days or so. Hopefully it heals in a timely manner.
    Last edited by Nominus Experse; 01-07-2007 at 05:39 AM.

Happy New Year y'all.

I've actually got two pieces that have yet to be finished, and I've been very sick for a fortnight, aso the extra time is very handy.
    Its so frustrating being sick over your holidays - they only come once or twice a year and spending them all laid up is not good! I didn't get anything done that I wanted to over the Xmas/NY break! I was going to paint my daughter's bathroom and get my Summerhouse finished and decorated, do the lawns and gardens, do my artwork, visit people, go shopping...ah well. I ended up seeing about 12 DVDs instead...lying on the couch, inbetween coughing and other unmentionable bodily functions.

Being sick sucks.
    Seems like the season for everyone to be injured or some such thing too - hope VW & NE heal well soon.

Well, it's healed enough that I can now draw without fear of it bursting blood all over my drawings, but it does still hurt, so it will be slow still. At least it will be moving again... I am already behind as it is...

And yes, Mum, I have also been quite sick myself. It sucks. Flus and fevers are truly something hideous...

What is it, an epidemic? LOL It seems that we've all been afflicted somehow.

Unfortunately, my wrist is healing VERY VERY slowly. I've been trying to draw, but it hasn't been easy. In some ways, it makes me glad that i don't have the pressure of the contest....

I'm looking forward to the results.

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Tomorrow is the day that the entries are due, and I know that Mum is done with all her pieces because I've already made the rough draft of her final video, so that just means Nominus needs to turn in his entries. I don't know if he'll drop out if he's not done (which I hope not), but I don't think I can extend the date anymore...

Anyway, I'm excited for the final and it'll be great to see what kind of creative and beautiful pieces the two finalists could draw with all this time they got.

Looking forward to seeing everything.

I won't drop out, but I will tell you now - I do not have as much done as I had hoped.

What I have is what I have.

I had enough time, but I didn't (or wasn't able to) manage it in manner that would allow me to create enough entries.

Of the six or so hours of free time I am granted each day, I could have chosen to work on my entries for at least an hour or so each day. But I did not. My time devoted to the entries was sporadic and haphazard, with great binges and times of restless abandonment.

Perhaps I lost interest in the contest, or perhaps I simply gave up when I was given sickness after sickness for the entirety of a month or so. Or maybe the loss of passion was due largely in part that I could not devote twenty hours (like I wanted) to each particular piece, and was only capable of eight or so, and in a way, felt cheated.

Or perhaps I just didn't care anymore when I scrapped several of my drawings I had ready for this competition.

Whatever the reason, I have less than what was required of by this competition. My feelings on my actions, and lack thereof, are naturally ones that are punctuated by disappointment and shame, and I am also somewhat chagrined.

In the end, it would appear that my choice to try and make it to the end of this competition was made with far too much haste.

I apologize, for what it is worth, (most notably to) Mum, ValkrieWing, and tan.

What is done is done. So be it.

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

QUICK UPDATE: EoFF's Top Artist is...

(SPOILER)Mum!

This is because Nominus Experse disqualified himself for not having enough entries for the final challenge.

I would post her final collection, but I want her to post it herself before this thread gets closed and archived; however, I haven't seen her in awhile and I don't know why she hasn't e-mailed me back. If she doesn't come back soon, I request that one of the CKs archive this thread, and when she does come back I ask that you allow her to post her final collection in a different thread.

Anyway, it was sort of a bittersweet competition the whole way through, and I do want to do this again, but next time we will actually go through preliminaries to be sure that we get the best of the best. Check the Artist's Forum around May for it to come back! :D