Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 212161718192021222324252627283242 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF's Top Artist

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Oh, well tan just now Pm'd me with the link as to what it is, so I retract my question and statement.

I never knew we had a newspaper, but then again, I have only been here for a couple of months and have really only focused on that of the forums.

He said he has posted the link on the front of this thread, but for anyone else who misses that, I will post it here:

http://eoffpost.akusui.net/news.php

This challenge should prove interesting, as those with limited or somewhat rudimentary physical artistic skills may very well be capable of shining in this particular challenge. I gladly look forward to it.

EDIT: My god, you guys can write like demons.. in the time it took for me to post this, five of you posted...
    I read the first post, but the link was not present at the time of my viewing it, thus, my question.

*breathes in* So if I let someone do the photoshopping you do realize that's a collab right? So and So draws, I do the edits? Yeah.. I dunno. This seems just slightly biased, for the people that may not have cropping abilities or can go by those specs on paper. This should be gone by artistic ability, not the type of things you can do with it.. I guess I'm just saying in the 1800's this would have never been an idea, because the people didn't have the ability to do it.
    Oh well, If there are people that need photoshop edits or cropping or anything, You can PM me. =]

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I know that using a variety of media was one of the highlights of the challenges, but I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to using a computer for this kind of thing. What if I drew the banner and one of the people here converted it to that kind of image? Would that be acceptable?

Ok then I'll start tommorow after my 1st day of college I guess.

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Well, I know that using a variety of media was one of the highlights of the challenges, but I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to using a computer for this kind of thing. What if I drew the banner and one of the people here converted it to that kind of image? :confused: :cat: Would that be acceptable?
    Sure, that's acceptable. Just remember to follow the guidelines.

And, all of you, (SPOILER) if you want an extra day on the deadline be sure to PM me so I know you're know about the challenge. Be sure to read the rules more thoroughly! =P

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

Is it ok if I draw a picture and convert it into a banner?
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Quote Originally Posted by ValkyrieWing View Post
    Is it ok if I draw a picture and convert it into a banner?
    That's fine, as long as it follows the guidelines.

Be sure it follows the guidelines, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by tan View Post
    P.S. I really want you guys to use your accepted sigs. Genji worked very hard on them, and I do not want to seem them go to waste. If you do not have enough space for this sig, at least PM him thanking him for the sig, please

Being an old fogey (AND AS OF SATURDAY - A GRANDMOTHER!!!) I'm sorry but I don't know what a 'signature' is or how and when to use one. More info?
    (Yes, BoB's an uncle!)

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aw, congratulations.

A signature is text and/or images that appear below every post a member makes. You may've seen them before. (Or maybe they were filled with green letters...)

First off, to create your own signature, you'll want to copy the location of the banner (it's image). Right click it, go to 'properties', and highlight the location. Then right click, and copy it. Then, go to 'User CP' at the top of the page (the forum's page). There's a bunch of customization options here. Go to 'Edit Signature'. Then, in the box, paste the location of the signature, highlight it, and click the button on the Signature Editing screen that looks like a postcard (has a mountain in it), and it'll wrap the location text of the image with 'IMG' tags. When displayed on the forum, it'll show the signature in that location. Hope that helps!

Edit: Any text just displays normally.

Why can't these start on weekends... -_-
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

When you make mention of Photoshop, cropping, overlaying, and basic collage work comes to mind. Are we allowed to use multiple images that we have not made, or is the idea of the challenge to make our own images? And secondly, what of brushes and renders and the like?

Also, The Post is, well... it's quite bland to be honest. Although it looks very clean and well done, it also looks very drab and unappealing artistically. By saying this, I am asking if the banner we are making ought to be simple, or gray skilled, or with a small use of colour? Or perhaps a mixture, or that which is determined as being the best idea in our minds.

And as for that of the signatures, unless it matches that which I currently have colour wise in my avatar and current sig, I am not going to use it. If I am allowed to grayscale it, then I will gladly use it.

However, Genji, if you are reading this, I would still like to extend a thank you to making them all the same. I am just a particular person, so no hard feelings or anything of that sort, eh?

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Is that the flag from sweden?..:
    Score 3/10
    No it is not! Its the Finland flag >;o

The one thing Im confused on is what to put on the banner. Im geussing it has to be Final Fantasy related. Ive never worked with Final Fantasy characters on a sig ;___; But I have an idea ;D
    Last edited by Zeldy; 08-21-2006 at 12:44 PM.

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    When you make mention of Photoshop, cropping, overlaying, and basic collage work comes to mind. Are we allowed to use multiple images that we have not made, or is the idea of the challenge to make our own images? And secondly, what of brushes and renders and the like?
    You may not use outside images. The idea is to make a banner using your own drawings to make a banner. It must follow the guidelines, and it has to be a (some) static image(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse
    And as for that of the signatures, unless it matches that which I currently have colour wise in my avatar and current sig, I am not going to use it. If I am allowed to grayscale it, then I will gladly use it.

However, Genji, if you are reading this, I would still like to extend a thank you to making them all the same. I am just a particular person, so no hard feelings or anything of that sort, eh?
    You can go ahead and gray scale it, if you want.

WE can of course use the computer to draw any images in the banner right?

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

You may not use outside images. The idea is to make a banner using your own drawings to make a banner. It must follow the guidelines, and it has to be a (some) static image(s).
    Aw bugger.