Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Like Star Wars???

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

oh yeah.

OVCOURSE star wars was the first movie to have battles in space.

honestly peoples.

I'd say that FFXIII looks a lot more similar to Star-Wars than FFXII.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

>->

but its star wars that doesnt have a bunch of Naked people running about.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie the Dragon Ninja View Post
    I watched the trailer on the english teaser site, and I was sure I must have walked into a Star Wars trailer by mistake.
    I'm not sure if we're talking about the same trailer, but when I saw the first trailer that had English voices, I didn't think it was much like Star Wars. Many Japanese clips made me think of Star Wars, though.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

From what I've read in reviews the game is supposed to be similar to SW in some of the themes and occasionally in looks (the opening is supposedly reminisent). but as said before, there are several nods to SW throughout the games. Several of them have a Biggs, Wedge and Jesse, the name of several rebel fighter pilots in the films. The universal theme of evil empire, small reble fraction led by princess/woman trumphing against all the odds. There are other things but minds drawing a blank at the moment.
    Oh no, the end has fallen off - Uri De'Jeller

EWW!!! hate star wars, oh well ill still buy 12 tho lol but ill like it a little less then i would of liked it

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!

From what I've seen in trailers, SW-ish of it is the technology mostly (which is more pretty than SW technology in my opinion) and no, no one busts out light sabers or starts using the force (magic yes, but no force) and you don't go around generaling large armies of creatures, then doing most of the work yourself (you do the work minus the army because everyone knows if they help the main characters and aren't named Cid, they're probably going to die. The only thing that could make it worse would be a red outfit). That's to my knowledge anyways (I haven't actually played the game seeing as I don't know Japanese so I can't give anything 100%).

And I like SW. I feel alone in my love of the force.

The only Star Wars link I could see was the parade scene. It looked just like the parade at the end of Episode 1.

(SPOILER)FFXII is not like Star Wars. Their war/crisis/story looks like Star Wars crisis/war/story. All of FFXII is just the same as previous Final Fantasies. With the exception of their system (ADB, Espers, Mob Hunts etc.) but still, it is fun.

Opinion from people who have played the game.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.