Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keyakku

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

Default keyakku

who do you think he was and why did rikku care so hard but leave him behind

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

I am sorry but whi is Keyyaku is he the guy that died in Home.
    warriorboy && battlingbard.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

yes he died in home and rikku cried

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Is that her boyfriend or Brother???

wait...I don't remember anything about anyone named Keyakku.When was he mentioned in the game?

In home when the fiends attack.I think.

ok...I just didn't remember anything about him

Oh okay then If you bought movie spheres in Luca you mght be able to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by 4evarisha
    Oh okay then If you bought movie spheres in Luca you mght be able to see him.
    You can't see him, Keyakku does not appear in FMV.

Keyakku was one of Cid's team?

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Oh okay! But wasn't he dead that's why Rikku left him behind?LOL.

RenoB00B00<3

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I don't really know why Rikku cried so deeply when she noticed that he died. It first took it to mean that the Al Bhed as a whole seemed to have strong ties to eachother, as they were a persecuted people. It happens with many persons when under pressure - they band together and form feelings and ties akin to that of brother/sister. I always took it to be that.

Although, with the mention of his name, and why the game decided to focus suddenly on a character who had never heard or seen of before and then later there was no mention of him and his death... I don't know why, to be honest. One of many things Square enjoys doing in its plot and scenes - make us wonder, when there most likely is no real reason for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse
    I don't really know why Rikku cried so deeply when she noticed that he died. It first took it to mean that the Al Bhed as a whole seemed to have strong ties to eachother, as they were a persecuted people. It happens with many persons when under pressure - they band together and form feelings and ties akin to that of brother/sister. I always took it to be that.

Although, with the mention of his name, and why the game decided to focus suddenly on a character who had never heard or seen of before and then later there was no mention of him and his death... I don't know why, to be honest. One of many things Square enjoys doing in its plot and scenes - make us wonder, when there most likely is no real reason for it...
    Thanks for explaining, now I kinda get the point. But, I agree why they do that for?

RenoB00B00<3

I thought it was one of her brothers or a close friend.

Thank Sapphiresea for the Siggy! :kaolove:

Also tomamar04 and is working on a site. Become a member of Unlimited 5! Discuss anything!

Yeah it was most likely a close friend. If there were any romantic ties, I think they would've focused a lot more on Rikku's feelings and drop hints of that kind.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The writers used his death for a reason. They used to it to establish the lengths of what the Guado were going to do under the direction of Seymour. The writiers wanted the ball to hit home more, and it would likely to de-sensitize you to the fact that Yuna would soon have to die, as is revealed later in Home.

It introduces death on a personal level from this point, by showing how death affected your characters, Rikku in particular (as she is the one that they planned most on the player to respond to).

As far as the of Keyakku is in the game, he was probably another brother, or a close friend. They use his character model multiple times throughout the game, so if you have seen him before, it may or not may have been him. For all we know, he could have been Gippal's brother (Rikku likely would have come to know him in her involvement time with Gippal, if she hadn't known him already).

The entirety of the Al Bhed population seemed to be close to each other, as has already been mentioned. His death affected Cid as well.