Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bugs Are Cool

As I live in Texas, it would be a very hard life if I didn't learn to co-exist with bugs.

The whole you are evil thing just got old.

Ignore the thread title. Bugs are not cool.

You know those big, crazy ones? The ones that look like overgrown mosquitos, but are actually mosquito eaters? I hear they only live for a day, maybe they're called Mayflies. I don't know. There's a lot of them. In my room. It's a bit unpleasant, because it's like they don't know what they're doing. They'll stick onto a wall for 30 minutes, then start going insane, flappin around everywhere and flying into things. It's actually kinda amusing, but not in my face.

Thank you Hysterian!

Blog Entries

I don't have a problem with little bugs, its fun watching them fly across the room after I flick them. But bigger ones scare the [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] out of me. I hate Millipedes and Centipedes... It gives me shivers just thinking about them. I hate big spiders too, anything big is insanely annoying and scary for me.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

daddy long legs are not poisonous. What you've heard is an urban myth. They're very sweet! You can tell how afraid they are because when you pick them up they shart shaking trying to escape.

Once I felt one crawling on me in my bed and I picked it upa nd hurled it at the wall. I sorta felt bad after.

I should take a picture of teh insect collection I had to do for biology last year x.x;

I think most bugs in Finland are cool and all, but there are some annoying ones. I do hate mosquitoes and horseflies with a passion. Crane flies freak me out because of their big size, but luckily enough they're nice buggers who don't harm people. Lady beetles and phalangids ("harvestmen") are actually quite nice, and especially lady beetles are useful in dealing with the nasty aphids which damage certain plants. And woodlice are awesome and can be beneficial to one's garden because they recycle nutrients back into the soil.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    Ignore the thread title. Bugs are not cool.

You know those big, crazy ones? The ones that look like overgrown mosquitos, but are actually mosquito eaters? I hear they only live for a day, maybe they're called Mayflies. I don't know. There's a lot of them. In my room. It's a bit unpleasant, because it's like they don't know what they're doing. They'll stick onto a wall for 30 minutes, then start going insane, flappin around everywhere and flying into things. It's actually kinda amusing, but not in my face.
    We call 'em skeeter(mosquito) hawks, but that's just mountain talk.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Bugs are awesome since I love life in many forms, but I'm cautious around bugs that I never seen before just because it might have the potential of killing me by using its poison!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am terrified of bugs.

I can't squish them, either. I'm too scared to even go near them -- I totally freak out.

cockroaches need to go down in a holocaust :chuckle: :evilking: . i can now imagine that impact from Ifrit's Hell Fire attack . they are filthy, undesired vermins, and do nothing to benefit me (Yahoo-ed all that myself = completely useless and 100% vermin)...

ashes to ashes,
    dust to dust,
    death beyond death,
    not an atom of life.

must get exterminator poison - no - flamethrower.

Last edited by Yuffie514; 06-19-2006 at 07:34 AM.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hit a bug from 15 feet away with my friends blowgun once. Most amazingly lucky shot in the world. I like bugs.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

I've oddly gotten a fear of bugs lately when I didn't mind them much at all as a kid. Now, even a couple of large moths that come in at night make me change rooms. However, there are certain bugs that I mind, and certain ones I don't.

Vampire bugs - the fat ones that're full of blood - I hate. I remember when I woke up at night and there was some big, dirty orange one on my arm. I could see it was full of my blood and I felt really sick after.

Flies - They eat dog [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] and spit it out on your food. 'Nuff said.

Caterpillars/Ladybirds/other garden bugs - I don't mind these much.

To be honest, as I'm not going on holiday so often I don't encounter quite so many. But then there's spiders. Maaan, I hate them. I remember when I was taking a bath once, and I looked up and there was this spider lowering itself ONTO ME from its web. Jesus! I freaking leaped out of the bath!