Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Characters you never use

PSP IZ DA DAWGZ!!!!!!! Cid Vicious's Avatar

Characters you never use

What's the characters in FFIX you don't bother using?
    I never use Quina and Eiko. The party i mostly stick to is Zidane, Steiner, Amarant and Dagger/Vivi.
    I don't use summons so Eiko is pointless, Quina's attack are to weak and unless you catch frogs his blue magic is worthless. He's still the best character in the game though.

My Main Party consist of Zidane, Vivi, Eiko and Steiner.
    Zidane and Steiner do brilliant damage while Vivi pound them with wonderful magic. Eiko will stick on healing my parties as well as using Holy and Madeen.

I always use all of them but the member I left the most is Garnet and Amarant. I always use Freya to do Cherry Blossom and Dragon Crest while Quina to use Auto-Life, Pumpkin Head, Frog Drop and Limit Glove in certain point.

I don't use Amarant because my Amarant is weak plus you get him late. Maybe, I should train him a little. Meh, Amarant never got my interest, anyway.

I don't use Garnet because her white magic crap. Though, having 8 strong summon, I never bothered to go and find jewel to strengthen their attack. For me, I think Eiko is better than Garnet. Eiko also have supporting summon: Carbuncle and Phoenix. Plus, the chance of Phoenix Auto-Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cid Vicious
    I don't use summons so Garnet is pointless.
    Correction. ^__^

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Never, ever used Salamander.

Don't use Steiner as often as I should.

Don't use Garnet as often as Eiko. I prefer Holy/and other supportive spells to her powerful summons.

Although I usually mage it out with Zidane/Quina/Vivi/Eiko anyway.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

just because eiko gets higher level white magic earlier doesnt make her better. you can get curaga easily with garnet. some people just assume eiko is instantly better because she starts with cura. garnet has more powerful summons.eiko may have stronger white magic but with garnet i can easily heal 4,000HP and over with a curaga which is more than enough. garnet is a bit underrated. amarant is also very underrated. his attacks can do heavy damage with the right weapon and he has aura which is one of the most useful spells on the game. and against strong bosses his attack that changes the enemys weakness is very useful. fighting isnt his strongest point but his skills make him very good for passive abilities and support. i usually use zidane, amarant, garnet and vivi. i dont use quina much. hes good and very useful but ive never really been one to go around and collect blue magic. his attacks are sometimes a little annoying. id like to know a damage formula for quinas attacks because i remember doing 2,000+ damage with one attack and doing about 86 damage with the next. quinas blue magic like mighty gaurd is very useful though. quinas still the character i use the least.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not like any of the characters are bad, they all have good and bad points. Anyway, I use Eiko mainly for Holy. That doesn't mean I don't swap her out for Garnet for her nifty 'Auto-Summon' trance sometimes. (And hell, it is my opinion after all.)

As soon as they're available I use Zidane, Freya and Quina. The fourth character is Dagger until Amarant joins, then I use him. I don't bother with Vivi or Steiner. I've never felt the need to.

I usually use:
    Zidane, Garnet, Freya, Amarant, or:
    Steiner, Vivi, Quina, Eiko.

Actually, Eiko only need about 30 AP to learn Curaga while Garnet need about 160 AP and Eiko obtain Curaga earlier than Garnet. Eiko specialize in Haste, Holy, Full-Life, Dispel, Jewel and Might which is very useful.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

My fave team is Zidane(coz u have to until memoria) Garnet(for summoning) Vivi(for black magic) and eiko(for healing) For the bit at oeilvert i swapped my teams a little I had zidane amarant eiko and Quina for desert palace I had steiner freya vivi and Garnet

what's weird is:
    Garnet when escaped, had a white mage outfit on, but she's best at summoning.
    Eiko has a summoners horn, but is best at white magic.

THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Fan
    (SPOILER)Garnet had one too, but her adoptive father had it removed.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I also find it ironic.
    (SPOILER)
    Garnet was raised with no knowledge of her heritage, yet is best at summoning.

Eiko lived in Madain Sari her whole life, yet is better at white magic.

Huh.

Ah well. Continue on with the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Fan
    (SPOILER)Garnet had one too, but her adoptive father had it removed.
    yes I know.

I think Garnet should be white mage and Eiko be summon. Screw the limit breaks and techniques, they should change.
    Or Eiko should have been different altogether.
    Ah screw it, I can't change a game.

Back on-topic, I use all the characters best I can.

Blog Entries

I almost never use Garnet and Amarant. I don't really know why, but Garnet seems useless in comparison to Eiko, and Amarant to Freya and Steiner. I always use Quina for her/ his blue magic.

I used everyone. They're all useful IMO

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html