Thread: I miss world maps

Default I miss world maps

Ok, so I havent played FFXII yet so im not sure if it had a world map type thing.

All im saying is that world maps rocked the party. I want to see one just like they had in the older games.

peace.

Who doesn't love them. Sadly I don't think this game will have one, but I have been wrong before. (very rare)

:nibbles: < look it tumbles, sorry I get amused easily.

I agree. It let me know where I was in a world. And though FFX let me feel like I was actually in Spira, it also felt restricted, a feeling not felt in the other FF games that had world maps.

I loved the world maps! X felt way too linear until you get near the very end because of its lack of a map. Unfortunetly, since XII is attempting to be the most "realistic" of the series so far, i.e. enemies on screen at all times, it doesn't have a map either.

World Maps made FF games feel more like a . . . adventure. I miss them as well.

The world map in X and XII is simply seen from the character's perspective instead of a hugely out-of-proportion interactive map that doesn't resemble what a world looks like at all. I much prefer that myself. XIII will probably continue on with that.

I never liked world maps. Like many other games, it was disproportional to the actual world and made getting around too easy and boring.

I like the was it is done in X, personally. And, that fact that XII's battles are not randomly generated and flow with the actual environment (no cracked glass-like screen and battle music scaring you half to death) makes it near impossiable to have a world map facing downwards at the party.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Hmm this should be in the XII section not XIII and to answer your question I would not know if they would still have a world map, actually I don't believe that there will be one at all now that I recall a review from PSM saying that you can teleport back to towns with an item, so there's no need for an airship I guess and I'm guessing that we won't even see a world map from within an airship like in X and X-2, it's a little dissapointing, but it's still Final Fantasy.

Yellow Winged Angel