Thread: Planning to buy FF Online

Default Planning to buy FF Online

Hello, I'm planning to buy FFXI soon but due to the FFXI site being completely awful at answering Q&A's I have come here for assisstance.

First: Can someone please tell me/direct me to infomation regarding payment method and the cost per month (12.95 but is that in USD? I'm in Australia)

Second: Anything I should/need to know before I buy the game?

Third: OMG C4n I b3 clOud!? H3 iz z00 b4d @44 3934802975!!!1ONE (Obviously a joke)

First: I live in Australia, and I pay ~$27 for 6 characters and a tetra master ID. Cost for a single character is roughly $15.60, and each additional is about $1.20 (at the moment). Depending on your credit card, you'll also get several smaller fees included in the charge, which will cost about $1, such as currency conversion fee.

Second: You need to know that you will need a lot of spare time to do anything. A lot.

Third: THere is no need to state that it was a joke, most people would realise that after seeing your decent grammar suddenly change into l33tspeak. Also, your l33t is wrong. "4" is a substitute for "a", not "s". Your ass has become aaa. :(

ya isnt it ment to be @55 or something lol

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I pay 20 bucks a month.

I live in Aus aswell

Being under the age of 18 I do not have a credit card.

Also I am aware that it says 'aaa'. This was to further my acting as a dip[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] :P

You could ask your bank if they have Debit cards, and if you're old enough to get one. Apart from that, you'd have to ask a parent/friend if you could use theirs.

I have a Debit Card since i was like 12. Can I also use PayPal?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I dont think there affiliated with Paypal.

so, nop.

playonline ^_^"

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If the debit card is affiliated with a major credit card company, you may use the debit card as a credit card and proceed with registration.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Roogle: Uhm...?

LoL How closely is this game related to WoW. Being an ex-WoWer the only thing I hope to see is equipment and raids. They were possibly the best things that game has to offer. Does FFXI has Instance equivalents?

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You would have to call your bank and see if the debit card can act as a credit card under a major credit card company. You can look at yourself and see if it has a major credit card company's logo and the banking logo on it.

Instances in FINAL FANTASY XI are called Burning Circle Notorious Monsters. Players gather at a specific point typically located at the ends of dangerous dungeons and use that circle to enter a battlefield where they engage with a powerful monster. It is a boss battle. Rewards may vary.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Thank you all for your words of wisdom =P I'm going out to buy this game of awesome today

Oh and also, is it possible for me to play with all of you guys? Ta.

Please use the 'edit' button rather than double posting. Thanks! - Miriel

You need to get a World Pass from someone here to get on their server.

I'm on Fenrir but most people here are on Midgardsormr or Pandemonium.