Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aqua lung

Default aqua lung

Whats your opinion on how some of the people in FFX breath under water like Tidus,Wakka,Rikku,and the blitz ball players
    EMBRACE THE DARKNESS

In the game at one point if you talk to the members of the Besaid blitz team one of them will explain that Wakka and Tidus cant actually breathe underwater but can just hold their breath for a very long.
    Now for some words of wisdom:
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.....hmmm wait just a minute.

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
    - Britney Spears, Pop Singer

Quote Originally Posted by look_out_below
    In the game at one point if you talk to the members of the Besaid blitz team one of them will explain that Wakka and Tidus cant actually breathe underwater but can just hold their breath for a very long.
    I never new that thanks for clearing that up but man they can hold their breath for a long time they do like ten miniuts of work under water dang!
    EMBRACE THE DARKNESS

Blog Entries

Actually it's for 5 minutes........................................................
    i think that holding the breath is hard but seeing underwater is even harder how can they do that?

One of the Besaid Auroch players also says that someone really good at things like blitzball can sleep underwater.

Yeah a blitz game is five min. but at the beging when tidus and rikku are under water its longer than that and there are 2 whole boss battles under water + one more if you get anima
    EMBRACE THE DARKNESS

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

....and then they get thrown in the water at Bevelle so they'll drown...

It's just a game. Don't take it too hard.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by TRANS_AM409
    Whats your opinion on how some of the people in FFX breath under water like Tidus,Wakka,Rikku,and the blitz ball players
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blitzba...inal_Fantasy_X

How exactly the teams manage to hold their breath underwater for such long periods of time is a source of confusion among players. One theory by fans of the game suggests that it is the result of training on the part of the players. In Eternal Calm, a short film set two years after the conclusion of Final Fantasy X, Yuna notes that after much practice and training from Wakka, she is able to hold her breath for over two minutes. However, the Final Fantasy X Scenario Ultimania guide states that it is the unique properties of the magical pyrefly saturated water in the blitzball arena that enables players to stay under water for the 5 minutes required for each half-time.[1]

[1] (2001) Studio BentStuff Final Fantasy X Scenario Ultimania (in Japanese), page 59, DigiCube/Square-Enix. ISBN 4-88787-010-8.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It is probably both. They train in normal water, so they know what it feels like, but when it comes to getting hit and tackled, and shooting, there's no way someone would still be able to keep their breath in -- it's not possible. The pyrefly saturated water might be able to aid the players in some way to keep their mouths closed, yet still maintain the strength to perform any action underwater.
    It could also potentially explain why Evrae was turned into a Zombie so quickly, and could survive under the Purifico (FFX, Excape from Bevelle). I've always wondered about that one that too. Doesn't seem that a Zombie would form so quickly.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Past passado
    Actually it's for 5 minutes........................................................
    i think that holding the breath is hard but seeing underwater is even harder how can they do that?:confused:
    It's actually easier to hold your breath underwater. I've forgotten the details, but some kind of reflex prevents us from inhaling when your face is underwater.
    It is possible for a normal, real human being to hold his breath for 13 or so minutes, though then you need a lot of training, and be very, relaxed and not move at all. Considering that, I don't think it's too far fetched that a fantasy character, who is trained at holding his breath, can hold his breath while being active. Also, while sleeping, you consume far less energy than when you fight or play underwater, so sleeping without sleeping seems believable too.
    Remember that we're in the world where Tidus, who can barely keep his sword stance up in the beginning of the game, and later can kill monsters many times his size.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The game is about a girl that can summon a lightning horse and insect girls to defeat a giant whale. I don't think it's too hard to believe that they might be able to hold their breath a little longer than us.

maybe they got something like a mikrochip or what which was implan in their head and then enables them breathe in the water...that's just my opinion...

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Microchips are a bit too advanced for that setting, and even though they probably exist in machinas, i doubt everyone and their mothers would be able to afford them. Like Wakka and his team, random poor people around the world, etc. A microchip wouldn't be able to produce oxygen anyway.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

yeah, you right...maybe my opinion is too childish...but that is just an opinion...