14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts of the movie

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Halenite
    Yes, the story was focused on Cloud. It was meant to. But Cloud wasn't alone. I'm surprised you guys haven't added what the wolf was supposed to symbolize.
    Wasn't it supposed to be the Fenris Wolf? If memory serves, it appears as summon in FFVI and FFIX.

The Demon of Elements

The wolf symbolizes Cloud's grief and self-blame IIRC. The Fenrir is mentioned in the movie with the name of Cloud's motorcycle.

And yes, Fenrir did appear as a summon in FFVI and IX.

In VI, it cast Image on the whole team.
    In IX, it cast an earth or wind attack on all enemies, depending whether or not Eiko had the Maiden Prayer equipped or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Halenite
    Really? Looking back at the last few posts by you and Ishin, it would seem the both of you are arguing.
    Well when one person states that something is complete and utter vile rubbish and the other can see some merit and enjoyment in it, there's bound to be some clashing of opinions.
    FFVII Ultimania Omega Guide - The answer to all questions

i loved teh movie. My friend who never even heard of final fantasy watched it and loved it. My first thought was:"WOW! pure eye candy and super moves!!" then after playing the game, i understood the movie and i thought it was rather deep. I'm just happy taht i get to see Aerith and best of all her eyes. They kept her face rather mysterious after helping out cloud then again..she is an Ancient and she can do many thing let alone helping out cloud.

and Ishin, we know u hate the movie. It's not as good as teh classics and it's copying scenes and moves from other classics. So please stop arguing with Amaru. we want to hear more opinions from others. You hate the movie fine, other people don't so quit arguing.

my score for it: 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay
    and Ishin, we know u hate the movie. It's not as good as teh classics and it's copying scenes and moves from other classics. So please stop arguing with Amaru. we want to hear more opinions from others. You hate the movie fine, other people don't so quit arguing.
    You like the movie, fine. Others didnt so stop arguing.

and it's not about it being "Not as good", It's about the film being not good period. I like FFVII in the sense of it being a "decent RPG" rather than the "BEST GAME EVER OMG I NEED A TISSUE AERIES DIED" following. I Also Like pure action movies and series. New Getter Robo (a series Im currently watching, some who watched cartoons in the 80's may remember Getter Robo G As Starvengers) takes a classic 70's anime and turns into a pure godzilla style monster mash with the world ending a quarter of the way through, and that's not even the most intense scene. Hard Boiled, Ninja Scroll, Ong Bak, Con Air, I can think of and name alot of movies and series that are about pure action, and nothing but, and are perfectly likeable. But what makes them enjoyable is the action makes a lick of sense. In advent, nothing does. It's just pure showboating, fan service, nonsense logic (thank goodness cloud was wearing his bullett proof shades huh :rolleyes2 ) and whatnot. Just because a film is all action, doesn't mean a director can throw all rules of directing, scripting and writng out the window. I've seen Adam Sandler films with a more cohesive sense of writing and directing. And I HATE adam sandler.

Don't think my stance is disrespectful to those who liked the film, you don't have to agree with me, you dont have to disagree. Go ahead and like it, but part of a message board discussion is discussing your ideas and stances. There are plenty of "OMG ADVENT CHILDREN ARE THE EFFING ROXXORRZZZ" threads here that I don't touch due to my not having anything to say about them. but in a "thoughts about the movie thread", well Im gonna post my thoughts, and discuss them. That's what a message board is all about.

what i meant is that you don't have to argue with extremely long posts with another member. it's like you're trying to prove them wrong no matter what. Anything they object, you deny/object. It's tiring and other members are irritated too.
    You left enough opinions and we all know you hate this movie and love those ones you like. You keep objecting to others and their opinions would end up with an arguement instead of changing their minds because they enjoy it and you don't. No matter what you say they'll still think the movie is great and they won't dislike it because of something you said.

once again, let's hear some new opinions.

The movie scared me....
    Kadaj,Yazoo,Loz and Sephiroth They all scared me
    mostly Kadaj he scared me the most.
    TTY (To Tell You) That my sister made me watch it
    Offline/Online

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay
    what i meant is that you don't have to argue with extremely long posts with another member. it's like you're trying to prove them wrong no matter what.
    Actually, Im just naturally wordy like that. Even when I try to be brief, I tend to go on when making a point. Don't take it as a personal attack on your stance or opinions, but i do disagree that there was anything of quality in AC besides Reno, Rude, and Rufus. Heck, I even knock on Uematsu for what feels like a phoned in soundtrack. And I happen to think Uematsu is the best composer in the video game biz, right up there with elfman and williams as far as soundtrack's go.

Also, keep in mind that Amru is the only one piping in. I'd love to get some fresh blood, or to have that guy that thought FFVII's narrative was the most character driven FF at that time up in here to talk more. I'd also love to get more opinions on here.

And I also think Kadaj scared everybody, anyone who can convince a group of children to drink up his fresh bowel movement is definitely a villain worthy of fearing.

I thought it was great!

A bit letdown between the fight of Sephiroth and Cloud. Seph could've put up a bigger effort.

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Moon
    The movie scared me....
    Kadaj,Yazoo,Loz and Sephiroth They all scared me
    mostly Kadaj he scared me the most.
    TTY (To Tell You) That my sister made me watch it
    Yazoo and Kadaj scared me since i thought they were girls at first and then i was like "WTF!! Those are girl hairdos!"
    Loz acted like a girl. I was like:" you drunken fool...." because he was all "wanna play?"

sephiroth is the big baddie so he is naturally evil and scary.

lol those are random but the japanese really needs to separate the guys from the girls. I can barely tell them apart.
    still.. it was good fanservice.
    Last edited by atlanteay; 06-09-2006 at 11:32 PM.

People are saying there wasn't enough character develpment, But its was for the fans and they actually pulled it off quite nicely in a 90 minuted film that was originaly was intended to be only 20 minutes long. Although I honestly thought they could have made the plot worthy to be called FF7( which the best plot of all time). Making the movie in the first place was a gamble between success and failure if they made it any longer for character development, etc it could have cost them more in the end. Since everyone else is rating...8.5/10
    Last edited by crazy chocobo; 06-10-2006 at 01:09 AM.
    "Only death awaits you all, but do not fear. For is it through death that a new spirit energy is born. Soon, you will live again as a part of me." -Sephiroth

Oh I loved it, I think they captured clouds general moodiness down to a tea!
    It seemed over pretty quickly *rocks in corner*
    Must
    have
    More!

Did anyone else notice lots of mumbles and groans LOL I mean LOTS
    Yes oh yes thumbs up make another one

Actually I watched it but I wasn't impressed- what it was really lacking in was a good storyline. Sure, the graphics were great, sure, the battle scenes were cool, but the story was like 4 on 10. It's like the reverse of the game- the game had sh*tty graphics but an awesome story, and the film had amazing graphics but a fairly lackluster story. I was expecting more of the loose ends from the game to be tied up- there were so many things in the game that were hard to understand that should have been cleared up.

It was good, but i thought the new characters weren't detailed enough, and they focused too much on cloud kicking but, not really on the whole party.

And personally, I think X-2 would make a better movie, 'coz it sucks as a game.

I watched a bit of it in HMV. I was horrified at the lack of random battles, and also how they didn't take turns to attack. Broke the atmosphere immensely.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffing cheese on msn
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.
    Lameshout: Lamers That Matter