Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats so great about 9?

Default whats so great about 9?

wats so great about 9? i found it hard to enjoy,bad story bad graphics bad characters i mean all the fans out there tell me why i should keep playin this?(im still in that forest on disc 1)ok bye

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really see the point in asking what's so great about something if you don't enjoy it. Just get rid of it.

Though, "bad graphics"? Do you not look at the backgrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by tenhitcombo
    wats so great about 9? i found it hard to enjoy,bad story bad graphics bad characters i mean all the fans out there tell me why i should keep playin this?(im still in that forest on disc 1)ok bye
    The Story is very good. How can you judge it if your still on disk 1? The graphics were good for the time. The characters develop and become more interesting as the game goes on. The battles are of a decent hardness. Good sidequests...Whats not to like? Apart from deformed characters

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Dont criticize the story until you've played for more than the first two hours. It does start slow, but it gets better.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes. Exactly like Final Fantasy VIII. Most stories don't start off fast, none of them do.

Anyway...FFIX doesn't need to be explained why it's a good game. If you don't like a game that's everything that defines Final Fantasy crammed into 4 CDs, then I don't really know what's wrong with you.

Then again, this is just going to be like the other thread, so it won't matter.

I would give a list of reasons, but your reasoning seems to be that of a 5 year old. Howabout instead I answer with another question. Whats so great about FF8? Im just over an hour into it, the characters bore me, the story so far is nonextistant, and the battles are nothing special.

See where im going here? I can't judge any of that from an hour of play.

Oh dear.

This is like the 'what's so great about ff6' thread.

Oh dear.

tenhitcombo, stop bashing games after hardly playing them. I've played about 3/4 of the game and I like it.

If you are bashing a game because it is not your precious FF8, you suck.

Also, If you turn this into your other thread and refuse to hear what we say, i will personally burninate you.

all neon like

It's just a fun game to play. You've got funny characters, an intriguing storyline, awesome music...
    Personally, the graphics aren't my favorite, but the cartoony-style is kind of cute. I think it suits the game.
    But if you're not into it now, there's probably no point in playing. lol. Besides...is any of the things anybody says really going to change your mind?

LOVE♥SHINE

I don't really understand this Anti-Certain Numbers thing. I love RPGs. Not Final Fantasy for the sake of it, not Square's name, I love RPGs as a genre. Therefore, I also like all the Final Fantasy games because they are fun examples of the genre, just like I enjoy Shadow Hearts, or Xenosaga, or the Chrono games...

I guess I just look at them as great RPGs, something I enjoy playing, and that's all it is to me... The Final Fantasy developers make fun games to me, so I play them. Don't get so wrapped up in making it more then it is >_> You either like it or hate, but don't hate it because its name is a popular brand and you planned on hating it before you began anyway (like you have).

I played the game. Did'nt like. I quit. Nothing much to post about. Aint that right tenhitcombo

By "still in the forest" I assume you mean Evil forest, which means that you haven't been playing for more than thirty minutes to an hour. It's absurd to give up a game that fast.

I considered giving Xenogers up in the beginning because I thought it was boring, but it turned out to be one of the greatest things I've ever spent time on. Don't give this game up until disk 2 at the very least.

Besides, FFIX had great characters and a terrific story. I loved every minute of it.

I liked it enough. Just play it. I hope you're not making these threads just to see how many responses you can get. If another one pops up for another FF, I'm boycotting you.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    By "still in the forest" I assume you mean Evil forest, which means that you haven't been playing for more than thirty minutes to an hour. It's absurd to give up a game that fast.

I considered giving Xenogers up in the beginning because I thought it was boring, but it turned out to be one of the greatest things I've ever spent time on. Don't give this game up until disk 2 at the very least.

Besides, FFIX had great characters and a terrific story. I loved every minute of it.
    Best Advice Here. I mean I played FF VIII through disc three before determining it was Crap. At least play through Disc one of one of IX before bashing it withought knowing much about it yourself.

Zidane: *smiles at tenhitcombo and cranks his knuckles* First off tenhitcombo, PM me, I have something I want to discuss with you, second off, play through it, I play through all Final Fantasies before giving my over-all opinions, overall, it takes a person with an understanding of how how spiky-haired PMSer and scar headed PMSer was the cover of the games. Thank you for your uneeded trolling in my forum.

Grin

vivi....!